5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any RAM dealership techs here?

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Is there an easy / cheap way to add 360 cameras or,
at least a front camera to the 12 inch screen?

Thanks

Negative. We used to be able to upgrade radios for customers, but now if you want it, it needs to be from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john94si

Reaction score
Is their a maintenance or hidden menu in the 12 screen. I know hold the two bottom buttons for details but on most cars their is a hidden tech setting.

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Is their a maintenance or hidden menu in the 12 screen. I know hold the two bottom buttons for details but on most cars their is a hidden tech setting.

Can’t say, haven’t had enough time messing with a Uconnect 12. What kind of hidden stuff are you looking for? There’s usually nothing fun in any of those menus, it’s all engineering stuff or software version numbers

john94si

Reaction score
Like on my acura i could pull up hidden menu to set the backup lines and in doing so i could leave the backup camera on full time when i was towing

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like on my acura i could pull up hidden menu to set the backup lines and in doing so i could leave the backup camera on full time when i was towing
On my limited, I can select the controls menu, then the reverse camera and it will display my rear view no matter how fast I’m going.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Yes but only for like 10 sec

I think it's speed-related. Mine will stay on indefinitely when I'm sitting still (I use it at lights a lot - "How close is that car behind me?"), and at low speeds (I'm guessing under 10mph). At higher speeds, yeah, it's only on for 10 or so seconds. Great for checking on trailer connections.

I really like this feature.

-John

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA techs are certified level 0-3. I am a 3. Been with FCA for 10 years in January. We do things a little differently at my shop... we are not a “specialized” shop (engine guys, trans guys, electrical guys)... everyone can do pretty much everything but there are some guys that are better at certain things than others. So I get a lot of the harder diagnostic/off the wall stuff. Lots of the intermittent Uconnect or display issues we see are software related and nothing we can do to actually fix them, until FCA comes out with an update. But I’ll be willing to take a crack at it.

Ours is a Premiere as well .. at least until the end of the month - we had too many "return customers" and will lose that until we can regain that status. We have 9 techs (3 are level 3 - aka Master Techs who have completed all training online and in K.C.) Most of us are learning and getting updated training from anyone we can. :)
I did a lot on my own truck since others hadn't seen the errors I read about on here prior to my ordered rig arriving a couple months ago.

MCSandersbro

Reaction score
That’d be me! What’s up?

I have a question for for you. Maybe you can shed some light on this.

2019 RAM Big Horn owner here.
So I swapped all of my front lights out back in May with Lasfit LED bulbs and had no issues. Recently the right front turn signal started illuminating intermittently at night instead of staying lit. I took the truck into the dealer to see what the issue was and they believed it was the computer. They swapped it and had the same issue. Their claim was that it was the bulbs causing the issues as it was sending “weird signals” to the computer. I know a ton of folks have used Lasfit on their trucks. Have you seen this issue? The other day the side marker light wasn’t working either.(same side assembly) I feel like it’s the headlight assembly, but I’m gonna switch all the bulbs back to the regular halogens to see it that fixes the problem. I just can’t believe that the truck won’t accept LED bulbs. I really don’t want to go back to Halogen but unfortunately I may have to.

deanfx

Reaction score

So I swapped all of my front lights out back in May with Lasfit LED bulbs and had no issues. Recently the right front turn signal started illuminating intermittently at night instead of staying lit. I took the truck into the dealer to see what the issue was and they believed it was the computer. They swapped it and had the same issue. Their claim was that it was the bulbs causing the issues as it was sending “weird signals” to the computer. I know a ton of folks have used Lasfit on their trucks. Have you seen this issue? The other day the side marker light wasn’t working either.(same side assembly) I feel like it’s the headlight assembly, but I’m gonna switch all the bulbs back to the regular halogens to see it that fixes the problem. I just can’t believe that the truck won’t accept LED bulbs. I really don’t want to go back to Halogen but unfortunately I may have to.
I've had some interesting issues after change my low beams to LED's. My fog lights which I also changed to OEM LED housings and lights stopped working with the truck running. They worked fine with the truck just in the "On" position. Took it to the dealer today and they did some software changes. I didn't have the time to question exactly what though.

MCSandersbro

Reaction score
I've had some interesting issues after change my low beams to LED's. My fog lights which I also changed to OEM LED housings and lights stopped working with the truck running. They worked fine with the truck just in the "On" position. Took it to the dealer today and they did some software changes. I didn't have the time to question exactly what though.
Problem fixed: Troubleshot the problem down to the side marker bulb on the passenger side. Apparently it and the front turn signal bulb talk to each other and if one is acting screwy they both will. Changed the LED bulb and all is right in the world.

JRadford43

Reaction score
Any solution to the vibration issue that is plaguing the rams ?
Everywhere on this forum the dealers have replaced tires and road force balanced tires without a solution..feels like a torque converter issue to me..any advice on what to pursue next..also my dealership is unwilling to go further than what has been performed already on my vehicle..I'm kinda at it alone...thanks in advance.

Same question here with the vibrating. The number seems to be substantial with members having the vibrating issue especially those seeing it between 55-65mph.

EJanx07

Reaction score

I've been running Lasfit LED's in my Big Horn for 6-7 months now (Lows & Fogs), and haven't had any issues "yet"... Much better than the trash halogen bulbs! I just hate the appearance of the halogen headlight housing!!! Wish I payed more attention to the headlights when I bought the truck.... Now i'm going to wait till the OEM LED head's & tails come down in price. I don't understand how just the head's alone are approx $1,400/pair via retroshop, when its only a $995 package upgrade for both heads and tails when you buy them on the truck.. RIDICULOUS!!!

deanfx

Reaction score
Problem fixed: Troubleshot the problem down to the side marker bulb on the passenger side. Apparently it and the front turn signal bulb talk to each other and if one is acting screwy they both will. Changed the LED bulb and all is right in the world.
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I did change the side marker bulbs to LED's as well. Everything still seems to be working okay for whatever the shop did to it.

jws350

Reaction score
I performed the full LED light conversion over the weekend. Not difficult at all. I purchased the front & rear lights and harness from the Retroshop. I replaced the foglamp bulbs with the Cool White H11's and they are a near perfect match for the headlights. Fast shipping and great service. I also replaced the High mount brake lamp/ bed lights with LED's from Lasfit and I am having no issues. RAM5.jpg RAM1.jpg RAM3.jpg RAM6.jpg RAM7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread