5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Ram Care folks still on this forum?

azzx

Reaction score
Need to ask a few questions about my 2025 that my dealer is clueless about!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ramcares is here to help facilitate between an owner and a dealership they are working with. They aren't known to give technical support for our trucks. But as @CHeYeNNe71 illustrated, you can get their attention by tagging @RamCares in your post. Or you can send them a message directly by clicking on their username then clicking the "Start conversation" button.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What questions are they clueless about?

azzx

Reaction score
the push button stop/start does not have an ACC position. only off and on/run.
So when it is on on/run, all accessories are on.
so if I want to sit in the truck and listen to the radio, all accessories are on.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the push button stop/start does not have an ACC position. only off and on/run.
So when it is on on/run, all accessories are on.
so if I want to sit in the truck and listen to the radio, all accessories are on.
That won't hurt anything other than run your battery down if you keep it on long enough. You didn't want to do that back in the day but it's fine on modern cars and trucks.

KMach

Reaction score
Try holding the start button with your foot off the brake for atleast 10 seconds. Might work. GM is like this.

azzx

Reaction score
Tried - no go
thanks

This is just dumb and makes no sense to remove this feature

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is your concern with having the truck in on/run position?

azzx

Reaction score
everything except engine is on
I can turn-off ac and other stuff - however, don't see a benefit from RAM removing this basic function!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
everything except engine is on
I can turn-off ac and other stuff - however, don't see a benefit from RAM removing this basic function!
I'm not sure how they would have an ACC position with a push button other than to go with a more complex one. Every vehicle I've owned with a push button worked the same way. Change the settings for how long your radio stays on after shutting the truck off to max, which I believe is 15 minutes. If you need it to stay on longer you can turn the truck on then off for another 15 minute session.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how they would have an ACC position with a push button other than to go with a more complex one. Every vehicle I've owned with a push button worked the same way.
The 2020 ram in your signature has an ACC position on your push button:
IMG_0648.jpeg
Even other vehicles that don’t have an ACC position that you pass while getting to the run position like the Rams, you can still get to the ACC ignition on by pressing and holding the start button with foot off brake.

With the 2025 Ram (and wagoneers and grand Cherokees with the new CAN architecture), there is flat out no ACC ignition position, nor are there any ACC ignition relay circuits on either of the power distribution centers. There are only run relay, and run/start relay circuits.
IMG_0647.jpeg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 2020 ram in your signature has an ACC position on your push button:

Even other vehicles that don’t have an ACC position that you pass while getting to the run position like the Rams, you can still get to the ACC ignition on by pressing and holding the start button with foot off brake.

With the 2025 Ram (and wagoneers and grand Cherokees with the new CAN architecture), there is flat out no ACC ignition position, nor are there any ACC ignition relay circuits on either of the power distribution centers. There are only run relay, and run/start relay circuits.

:eek:

Threadjack; is it usual for a Start button to crack/split with only 4 years/17K on it?

Users who are viewing this thread