5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any options out for rock rails/sliders yet?

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
Do they bolt onto the factory step mounts/locations? Or how did you attach? Did you have to do anything special for the 33 gallon tank?
I used a combination of frame rail clamp brackets, factory skid plate bolts, existing empty holes and new holes. Tried to minimize the new holes as drilling through their frame steel is a real challenge. It turned out really good I think. Had to get quite creative for one of the fasteners in front of the tank. Welded some bent 1/4" steel rod to a grade 8 bolt so I could fish it in through one hole and out through the slider bracket.

Attachments

• 0527201949a_HDR.jpg
    0527201949a_HDR.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 0527201949_HDR.jpg
    0527201949_HDR.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 0527201950_HDR.jpg
    0527201950_HDR.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 0528202041.jpg
    0528202041.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 0528202043_HDR.jpg
    0528202043_HDR.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 283

KOOPS

Reaction score
I used a combination of frame rail clamp brackets, factory skid plate bolts, existing empty holes and new holes. Tried to minimize the new holes as drilling through their frame steel is a real challenge. It turned out really good I think. Had to get quite creative for one of the fasteners in front of the tank. Welded some bent 1/4" steel rod to a grade 8 bolt so I could fish it in through one hole and out through the slider bracket.
Nice job with the dyi!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure they are more than strong enough. Great job and thx for Sharing!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score

I would be worried about that part of the "frame" supporting the weight of the truck.

zajaco

Reaction score
Hi all. I stumbled on the white knuckle site before I found this thread and reached out to them. This is the latest on the sliders for the 33 gallon tank trucks. Hopefully they are not blowing smoke and we see something by the end of the year. Otherwise, I might have to go the DIY route like Wilsonwanderings did.

Thank you for your interest in our 2019-Newer Ram 1500 rock sliders. We do not make them for the 2019-Newer Ram Crew Cab/Quad Cab 33 gallon tank currently. We are working on a mounting system for where the tank is right up against the frame on the driver's side and hope to have them available soon. We can let you know when they are ready for purchase if you would like.

We appreciate your inquiry.

Thanks,

Natalie
White Knuckle Off Road Products
www.white-knuckleoffroad.com
[email protected]
760-221-0479

10yearrx7

Reaction score
Evil manufacturing has what they call rock sliders but I don't know how they attach.

zajaco

Reaction score
Evil manufacturing has what they call rock sliders but I don't know how they attach.
Thanks for the heads up. I sent them an email and their steps mount to the body. On a side note, their customer service is super responsive ;)

LoneRanger

Reaction score
I've not got the larger fuel tank in our new truck, but I do have the diesel. I'm not sure why engine choice makes a difference. I'm hoping to give them a jingle tomorrow.

L.R.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I emailed Natalie to offer taking dimensions and/or photos yesterday. She indicated they have a test truck with the 33 gal tank to begin fabrication on but that they do not have a timeline for completion.
That’s what they were saying like a year ago. They might produce a good product however too slow on the Mopar support for my liking. Hard pass

LoneRanger

Reaction score
Those are riveted through to the body correct? Not frame mounted?

L.R.

Reaction score
Those are riveted through to the body correct? Not frame mounted?

L.R.
Great question. I would think that if they were rivets or nutserts we would be able to tell as the rails would sit higher, these appear to be unconnected to the body. looking forward to hearing the answer.

SPD/RED

Reaction score
Cab mounted, not to the frame. This improves ground clearance and no cross members going to the frame to get hung up on. The design has been tested on various vehicle types over the last 10 years.

A pros and cons review can be seen here at about the 7:30 mark on an older version.

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score
Natalie sent me a note indicating White Knuckle has sliders for Rebel CC 5'7" beds with 33 gal tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread