5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any lighting mods you have done to your 5th gen that you recommend?

Tesla

Reaction score
What exterior lighting mods would you recommend for a 5th gen Laramie?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watching, I have seen the rough country grill, 'hidden bumper', various backup, and a bunch of led replacement. And yet.... still want to see more

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
Lighting mods are certainly subjective to your personal taste but are always fun to consider and do!

On my rig (21 Canadian Sport) I’ve done:

-Cab Over America Wireless Solar-Powered Cab/Clearance Lights
-24inch amber light bar to rear window

On Friday I’m adding:
-OPT7 LED Tailgate Light Strip

And future plans:
-RC Hidden Lightbar in lower front grille
-Pod lights near the A-Pillars attached with brackets to hood

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So far, just these:

* LED light strips for the bed.
* VLEDS LPR license plate reverse lights - the truck absolutely needs some sort of supplement reverse lights, and these were pretty easy to install, but other options exist

Ditch lights, and maybe a hidden light bar, are amongst the gazillion ways I could put more money into this truck. Now if only I had a gazillion dollars. 🤔

Last edited:

Tesla

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics Cargo/3rd Brake LED replacements. Easy mod, big improvement.
Any key fob issues after installing those? I read that some people had key issues after changing the 3rd brake / cargo lights to LED

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any key fob issues after installing those? I read that some people had key issues after changing the 3rd brake / cargo lights to LED
I got these specifically because everything I heard was that they DO NOT mess with the key FOB. Have had them in for about 6 weeks, zero issues. They are pricey but worth it. Really nice amount of light production without being blinding (unless you stare straight at them) and the color tone matches really well with the rest of the LED's. And of course, no FOB issues.

Tesla

Reaction score
I got these specifically because everything I heard was that they DO NOT mess with the key FOB. Have had them in for about 6 weeks, zero issues. They are pricey but worth it. Really nice amount of light production without being blinding (unless you stare straight at them) and the color tone matches really well with the rest of the LED's. And of course, no FOB issues.

Ordered, thanks!

U

User_76295

VLeds LPR light for sure!
0be014a8f1208db091d2de256d94ca25.jpg
b2b42fd4c0cfc0df6aa0b6edcb04902f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread