5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any issues with 37 in tires with the 3.92s?

Chris VB

Reaction score
Thanks man! My rims are -24. With -1 offset I don’t think you’ll rub much at all! If you got a lightweight 37 I bet you’d hardly notice a difference going from 35 to 37 too. I still have tons of power and my gearing feels perfectly normal.

Ya great write up, I love the Toyos! Got 37x13.5 r24 and found them to be really quiet compared to a lot of other smaller lug tires! Really happy. Just stay on top of rotations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
Ya great write up, I love the Toyos! Got 37x13.5 r24 and found them to be really quiet compared to a lot of other smaller lug tires! Really happy. Just stay on top of rotations!

P.S great looking truck brother!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks! Yeah dang you have a heavy setup! Haha. I wanted 13.50s but they were just too heavy at 92lbs each. I’ve always heard reviews about the Toyo MTs being quiet but man compared to the RTs it’s night and day. Easily 3x louder in my opinion! I’m getting used to it but it surprised me for sure!

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Thanks man! My rims are -24. With -1 offset I don’t think you’ll rub much at all! If you got a lightweight 37 I bet you’d hardly notice a difference going from 35 to 37 too. I still have tons of power and my gearing feels perfectly normal.
37x12.5x20s are on the way!

Chris VB

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah dang you have a heavy setup! Haha. I wanted 13.50s but they were just too heavy at 92lbs each. I’ve always heard reviews about the Toyo MTs being quiet but man compared to the RTs it’s night and day. Easily 3x louder in my opinion! I’m getting used to it but it surprised me for sure!

Ya I would imagine except the R/Ts don’t look near as mean! Lol
I actually had the RTs ordered but Toyo couldn’t give a shipping date?? So after 3 months I said f*** it and spent more on the MTs. So very glad I did, because I love the look so much better, with that side wall aggression. Mines an occasional driver/mall crawler lol

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Sick good!

I appreciate your help on your replies and advice I'll post the pic when I get them installed. I'm still looking for the body lift I checked Daystar and they don't list anything for the 21 Rebel I'd like to find something, so I can go with a better offset on the rims to give me a little better poke than the -1 right now I'm running inch and a half wheel spacers to get them where they are now I imagine I won't be able to run those with them bigger tires until I do the lifts on the body. anyway brother again thanks. I appreciate it!

Chris VB

Reaction score
I appreciate your help on your replies and advice I'll post the pic when I get them installed. I'm still looking for the body lift I checked Daystar and they don't list anything for the 21 Rebel I'd like to find something, so I can go with a better offset on the rims to give me a little better poke than the -1 right now I'm running inch and a half wheel spacers to get them where they are now I imagine I won't be able to run those with them bigger tires until I do the lifts on the body. anyway brother again thanks. I appreciate it!

Your very welcome! Excited to see the results :)

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Your very welcome! Excited to see the results :)

Hey Chris, one real quick question you may have covered it already and me not remembering LOL but when you're on the highway and higher speeds do you have any problems with the transmission searching for 8 Gear with the 321 I know I have the 392 just curious how yours reacts thanks again

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Chris, one real quick question you may have covered it already and me not remembering LOL but when you're on the highway and higher speeds do you have any problems with the transmission searching for 8 Gear with the 321 I know I have the 392 just curious how yours reacts thanks again
I know this question isn’t for me, but I thought I’d mention that mine with 3.92s doesn’t have trouble getting into 8th gear at all, but it does down shift more frequently when there’s an incline. At 70mph and flat ground in 8th I’m at exactly 1750rpms

Roadkng63

Reaction score
I know this question isn’t for me, but I thought I’d mention that mine with 3.92s doesn’t have trouble getting into 8th gear at all, but it does down shift more frequently when there’s an incline. At 70mph and flat ground in 8th I’m at exactly 1750rpms
I appreciate the answer I did mean to ask you as well but got busy and forgetten..lol glad you jumped in. Mine should be in soon tire shop said their supplier had them in stock. Hopefully they not to bad being I'll be heading to NC and Tennessee in another week pulling my bike trailer loaded with 2 bikes. I'm contemplating on if I should wait till I get back to install them and leave the 35s on ...lol

Chris VB

Reaction score
I appreciate the answer I did mean to ask you as well but got busy and forgetten..lol glad you jumped in. Mine should be in soon tire shop said their supplier had them in stock. Hopefully they not to bad being I'll be heading to NC and Tennessee in another week pulling my bike trailer loaded with 2 bikes. I'm contemplating on if I should wait till I get back to install them and leave the 35s on ...lol

Ya no real issues after the re calibration for the 37x13.5s, it’s not all over the place with shifting. I find letting off the gas a tad she finds her way to 8th. I have the 3.21, mine doesn’t sit at 1700 rpm, more like 1100-12. Fuel mileage is a tad less, not much worse. But towing will change that quickly. Biggest thing is braking! It’s noticeable harder to stop with these animals, so keep that in mind when hauling long distance. My dad did a 3 hour drive with his stock 2015 1500 with 2 trikes in an inclosed and his brakes were almost on fire . The real issue is stopping everything seems great :) and 37s are definitely the best looking size for these rigs!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ya no real issues after the re calibration for the 37x13.5s, it’s not all over the place with shifting. I find letting off the gas a tad she finds her way to 8th. I have the 3.21, mine doesn’t sit at 1700 rpm, more like 1100-12. Fuel mileage is a tad less, not much worse. But towing will change that quickly. Biggest thing is braking! It’s noticeable harder to stop with these animals, so keep that in mind when hauling long distance. My dad did a 3 hour drive with his stock 2015 1500 with 2 trikes in an inclosed and his brakes were almost on fire . The real issue is stopping everything seems great :) and 37s are definitely the best looking size for these rigs!

Dang your truck will actually sit at 1100-1200rpms in 8th gear?? I’m amazed it doesn’t stay in 6th or 7th around 1750 because it feels like my 8th gear is jussst on that cusp and it wants to kick down to 7th pretty often to keep the rpms above 1700. I totally agree about stopping though. That’s the most noticeable difference. 35s were fine but 37s feel like stopping with 1000lbs in the bed.

Chris VB

Reaction score
Dang your truck will actually sit at 1100-1200rpms in 8th gear?? I’m amazed it doesn’t stay in 6th or 7th around 1750 because it feels like my 8th gear is jussst on that cusp and it wants to kick down to 7th pretty often to keep the rpms above 1700. I totally agree about stopping though. That’s the most noticeable difference. 35s were fine but 37s feel like stopping with 1000lbs in the bed.

Almost positive that’s where she sits, I’ll go for another drive to prove my eyes weren’t deceiving me lol. It makes sense the with the differential ratio 3.21 vs your 3.92, your rpms would be higher thus having more torque at the same driving speed. I think lol

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Almost positive that’s where she sits, I’ll go for another drive to prove my eyes weren’t deceiving me lol. It makes sense the with the differential ratio 3.21 vs your 3.92, your rpms would be higher thus having more torque at the same driving speed. I think lol

Yeah that would make sense but I feel like 1100 is too low. That’s near idle and I would imagine if it was that low the truck would want to downshift to 7th gear. But that’s just my speculation, you’re the one with the proof so I’ll believe you if you check and that’s what you get!

Users who are viewing this thread