5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any issues with 37 in tires with the 3.92s?

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Hey guys! Would just like some straight answers. I have a 21 Ram Rebel 6in Zone lift, fuel Blitz -1 offset with 35x12.5x20 nitto ridge grapplers right now. Truck drives great still. I'm also running inch and a half wheel spacers for more of a poke. my question is I really would love to run nitto ridge grappler 37x12.5x20 being the 35 look so small. Is anybody running the 37in tires on the stock rear ends on a 5th generation Ram? I would just like to know if there is anybody running these and have any performance issues at higher speeds, take off, shifting...etc... or any other things I should be aware of? I know I would have to take the wheel spacers off and run them as is I have no problem with that. Is it worth doing it or do I really need to re gear the truck I understand 4.56s would be better and if I do is there any place out there that you can get these 4.56 is for this truck? But I'd like to stay away from them if all possible with the 392 that are stock in this truck? I do not offer Road I mainly Drive City and Highway occasionally pull a 17 x 7 all aluminum enclosed bike trailer a few times a year but that is about it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20210802_123826.jpg
    20210802_123826.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 20210802_123845.jpg
    20210802_123845.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 20210802_123900.jpg
    20210802_123900.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 177

Chris VB

Reaction score
I have a 2020 sport with 37x13.5s on it. Truck has plenty of torque to move these beasts! And I have 3.21 gears! Everyone says “how are those 37s with your gearing” I say “just great!”
I don’t off-road. I don’t tow much. And I don’t care about fuel mileage! I love my truck and wouldn’t change a damn thing! Also, you’ll need a 2” body lift on that 6” sus. Lift to clear these. I have a 2” daystar on a 6” pro comp lift. I don’t rub at all, maybe on a turn into a steep driveway but she rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
52b2254c3d1f304cd8c68b7f7014489d.jpg

Roadkng63

Reaction score
I have a 2020 sport with 37x13.5s on it. Truck has plenty of torque to move these beasts! And I have 3.21 gears! Everyone says “how are those 37s with your gearing” I say “just great!”
I don’t off-road. I don’t tow much. And I don’t care about fuel mileage! I love my truck and wouldn’t change a damn thing! Also, you’ll need a 2” body lift on that 6” sus. Lift to clear these. I have a 2” daystar on a 6” pro comp lift. I don’t rub at all, maybe on a turn into a steep driveway but she rides

That is one sweet looking truck Chris. I've been looking for a body lift. I'll check out day star see if they have for 21 rebel. What offset are your rims? Mine are -1 think they will rub with 37x12.5s with out the body lift? Zone shows 37s will work with 0 offset. I appreciate you chiming in! So being I have the 3.92 I should be good as like you no off roading but I do pull a trailer every now and then for my bikes if I do Ling distance and worried about it I'll throw the 35s back on at that time..lol any again I love that truck. BTW the flares are they stock ram flares? Or aftermarket? Thanks again!!

Reaction score
Where does it rub? And are your front fender clearanced? I have a set of 37x12.5x20 KM3 on the way.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey dude I made a lengthy review of 37s here. Hope that helps!

Chris VB

Reaction score
That is one sweet looking truck Chris. I've been looking for a body lift. I'll check out day star see if they have for 21 rebel. What offset are your rims? Mine are -1 think they will rub with 37x12.5s with out the body lift? Zone shows 37s will work with 0 offset. I appreciate you chiming in! So being I have the 3.92 I should be good as like you no off roading but I do pull a trailer every now and then for my bikes if I do Ling distance and worried about it I'll throw the 35s back on at that time..lol any again I love that truck. BTW the flares are they stock ram flares? Or aftermarket? Thanks again!!

Thanks so much! Mine have a -44 offset. I think you might be ok with a 37x12.5 with that offset. Still mild trimming of the front valence and pinning back the well liners.
Customoffsets.com is a great place to find the answers for this exact stuff, plug in some filters and look through the gallery and it will tell you if trimming needs to be done or if it rubs based on what you want. You’ll probly see my rigid there lol. Flares aren’t stock, they are bushwhacker pocket flares, colour matched and black out bolts. Thanks again!here another wheel picture
a34d98308bce48299c4284d5730200da.jpg

Chris VB

Reaction score
Where does it rub? And are your front fender clearanced? I have a set of 37x12.5x20 KM3 on the way.

If I hit a sharp incline, only while turning I sometimes will get a tiny rub on the inner side, closer to door. It barely catches the inside edge of my fender flare. It’s only happened twice. There’s a metal tab you bend back to hold the well liner, and you zip tie back a couple spots the liners would catch. A little trim on the front valence. But no major cutting or grinding. Just a small spot on the body pinch weld. No painted surfaces touched and bumpers not adjusted.
Check out customoffsets.com for lots of good info! Cheers

Reaction score
Looks good. I'm on 20x10 -24. Their video has same set up as mine. Should be good. We'll see in 2 weeks.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Alright I have to ask as I have a buddy that has a truck just like yours. What’s gas mileage and how does the transmission do keeping 8th gear on the highway?

Chris VB

Reaction score
Alright I have to ask as I have a buddy that has a truck just like yours. What’s gas mileage and how does the transmission do keeping 8th gear on the highway?

Honestly never paid attention to fuel mileage , it’s not bad. Searches for 8th sometimes on the highway not bad though, still keeps low rpm.

Roadkng63

Reaction score

Sweet truck! Great write up it helps alot! What offset do you have on your rims? I'm thinking on getting another set to put my 35s on for winter and possibly putting the 37s on my fuel blitz -1 unless I can get a rim with enough offset to put the 37s on without to much rubbing besides minor trimming. Thanks again for the reply. Again very nice rig!

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Thanks so much! Mine have a -44 offset. I think you might be ok with a 37x12.5 with that offset. Still mild trimming of the front valence and pinning back the well liners.
Customoffsets.com is a great place to find the answers for this exact stuff, plug in some filters and look through the gallery and it will tell you if trimming needs to be done or if it rubs based on what you want. You’ll probly see my rigid there lol. Flares aren’t stock, they are bushwhacker pocket flares, colour matched and black out bolts. Thanks again!here another wheel picture
a34d98308bce48299c4284d5730200da.jpg

Very sharp! Think I may go with that flare beats the stock rebel flares just so plain. Appreciate the replies. I'll be checking custom wheel offset again I have browsed them before. Again great looking truck!

Chris VB

Reaction score
Very sharp! Think I may go with that flare beats the stock rebel flares just so plain. Appreciate the replies. I'll be checking custom wheel offset again I have browsed them before. Again great looking truck!

Much appreciated! Any questions you send them my way!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet truck! Great write up it helps alot! What offset do you have on your rims? I'm thinking on getting another set to put my 35s on for winter and possibly putting the 37s on my fuel blitz -1 unless I can get a rim with enough offset to put the 37s on without to much rubbing besides minor trimming. Thanks again for the reply. Again very nice rig!
Thanks man! My rims are -24. With -1 offset I don’t think you’ll rub much at all! If you got a lightweight 37 I bet you’d hardly notice a difference going from 35 to 37 too. I still have tons of power and my gearing feels perfectly normal.

Users who are viewing this thread