5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Gen 5 regrets??

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A little over 300 miles and I love this truck. I did not like the front end styling of the old Rams, though I always loved the dual tailpipes, so I never jumped onboard. When the 19s came out I had to have one. Got a loaded Limited. Only regret is the Uconnect seems a bit buggy.
Interesting, your comment about the front end...the Ram (crosshair) faithful cried the sky was falling, but the new front is what brought you to Ram...thanks for the info.

Good luck with your truck

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I like the front end much better now without the crosshair
I have a slew of crosshair grilles.
2018-02-25 23.15.59.jpg
2018-02-13 11.22.44.jpg
2018-01-21 20.54.04.jpg

And these are just the ones I currently drive...I have had quite a few more.
While the crosshair argument was going on it became evident that a few makes have used the crosshair over the years.

I openly welcomed the change.

I am glad to hear how everyone is satisfied to impressed with their 5th Gen...can't wait til the time is right to get rid of that big shinny chrome grille and bumper on that Red Truck fora 5th gen, just a little longer I keep telling myself

Last edited:

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've purposely held off getting a new Gen 5 Ram until the bugs got worked out. I've always been lukewarm on the new styling- too Toyota looking for my taste. After seeing what I feel are more than average issues for new roll out, plus the delivery issues and late releases, I'm actually considering stepping back and getting a 2018 Ram. Big thing I want is a 6'4" Rambox which are not happening for now on the Gen 5.

Anyone out there regretting their purchases yet?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've purposely held off getting a new Gen 5 Ram until the bugs got worked out. I've always been lukewarm on the new styling- too Toyota looking for my taste. After seeing what I feel are more than average issues for new roll out, plus the delivery issues and late releases, I'm actually considering stepping back and getting a 2018 Ram. Big thing I want is a 6'4" Rambox which are not happening for now on the Gen 5.

Anyone out there regretting their purchases yet?

No. I owned two 4th gens (2010 & 2014) and my 2019 is improved in every way. Mind you, just about everybody that rode or drove either of my 4th gens thought they were superior to any of the competition. This 2019 rides better, handles better, is noticeably more quieter. The interior is so much improved: the switch gear and controls have a much more solid and precise feeling, interior pieces are fit perfectly, and has a more sophisticated visual appeal. Even the underhood stuff has been massaged to improve access, serviceability, and has a much cleaner look.

One thing I miss. My 4th gens had a steel bulkhead that was part of the cab floor which provided non-visible storage areas under the rear seats and fold out platforms to provide a flat storage surface.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001243 miles.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Mine was put together early in the year...I've put about 2k on in a 6 week stretch...my only regrets are not optioning up a few items... absolutely love the truck though.

Tacticalpanda

Reaction score
Likewise the removal of the cross hairs solidified my switch to the new Ram with no real regrets. It was hard to find the truck with all the options I wanted when I purchased so I had to sacrifice the 33 gal tank and bed utility group but they were the lowest on my list. Nothing major. Love everything about this truck...no if only the Mopar Intake and exhaust were available...

Agitated

Reaction score
I have no regrets. I am not a Dodge/Ram fan at all. In fact I’ve bad mouthed themmy whole life. I was all set on another Ford and something drew me in to look at the 19s. Styling I guess. As I test drove it over a few days and gave it a fair assessment it became apparent it appears to be a better truck in every way. I dont believe I will regret this.
Admittedly I dont really care for the rear exit dual exhaust but it does look really good as far as rear exits go.

Believemeustink

Reaction score
Mine was put together early in the year...I've put about 2k on in a 6 week stretch...my only regrets are not optioning up a few items... absolutely love the truck though.

Looking at your signature you have a decent amount of options. What are the options you are regretting not getting?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
...I dont really care for the rear exit dual exhaust but it does look really good as far as rear exits go.
Ironically, Ford is copying Ram's dual rear exit design (with bumper cutouts and everything) for 2019.

Glad you like your truck! I've primarily grown up around GM gassers and diesels, but I don't have a strong brand affinity.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Looking at your signature you have a decent amount of options. What are the options you are regretting not getting?
Well definitely wouldn't mind having the 360 camera/power folding mirrors and mine was an early build so I didn't get the 115V & 400 watt inverter. I wish I would have gotten the bed group (specifically want the cargo divider/extender and the kick out step).

My patience for them to be released on the Mopar site is my only gripe here

XDBrad

Reaction score
Traded out of a 2015 GMC SLT Z71, regret trading into the 19 Ram.... nope! Regret not doing more homework on options before I committed? Maybe but still not disappointed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread