5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Drawbacks to 33 Gallon Tank?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Wait, so there is a weight limit on these trucks? Other than the rubber stops....
tongueweight-jpg.120760

HemiDude

Reaction score
Or, just fill all the tires with helium! :LOL: Then you can increase your payload

Redfour5

Reaction score
I use high altitude air.
It's thinner. Me too... I figure that thinness is worth maybe 23 mpg vs that thick humid midwest air... Of course that is not completely accurate as it is the lyometer reading.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Or, just fill all the tires with helium! :LOL: Then you can increase your payload
OK, NOW I know how to maximize gas mileage. Helium filled tires, live at 10,000 feet, only use summer gas 91 grade, never put anything in the truck, 3.21 gears, e-torque, road tires, and only go places where you can go both ways downhill with a tailwind.

I'm set now, thanks for the advice on the Helium.

HemiDude

Reaction score
OK, NOW I know how to maximize gas mileage. Helium filled tires, live at 10,000 feet, only use summer gas 91 grade, never put anything in the truck, 3.21 gears, e-torque, road tires, and only go places where you can go both ways downhill with a tailwind.

Always looking to help a brother out (y)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Don't forget that when you're towing, put everything in the trailer, including the truck.

BigD

Reaction score
I put a build order in and got 13% under MSRP, before tax, title registration, etc. Deals can still be had. No trade in.
I got 23% off MSRP plus top dollar on my trade. That was of course 2 yrs ago though.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 23% off MSRP plus top dollar on my trade. That was of course 2 yrs ago though.

Sure, now you can get less off msrp but way more for your trade.

For example back in March I got 16% off with 0% financing, but I got over $8,000 more for my trade than top dollar was at the time of my order.

The key thing is it can all still work out to get a pretty good deal, big picture. People just need to do their homework and shop around the value of their trade in to get the most out of it possible. Oh and buy from a good dealer like MD that is actually still offering nice discounts.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I don't care what side you're on, but 33 gallons gets me longer into the "spike" on cheap gas before I have to refuel. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread