5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Refresh

rconiv

Reaction score
Could also just be pure coincidence as according to various places on the internet, there may be a server side trigger or roll-out. Nonetheless, sounds like you're good to go.

The new interface is a little more polished but I can't say that it's better for how I use it, music and nav. It's always worked for me so I'm just happy it's still working. ;)
Was noticing that also right after I typed that, of people getting something pushed last night. I understand the safety concerns, but there is some map programs I could use with it, specifically CalTopo (SARTopo).

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Clearing cache didn't do anything so I uninstalled Android Auto and rebooted phone. Reinstall AA, go into settings and select new version was there.

Much cleaner. Will mess with it later
c736a746349b74c0c7a6d137d82405b2.jpg
Same here. App was updated. Cleared cache, etc. Nothing. Deleted the app and reinstalled the app, and BOOM! The option to try the Android Beta was there.

Reactions: J4U

onelochevy

Reaction score
Same here. App was updated. Cleared cache, etc. Nothing. Deleted the app and reinstalled the app, and BOOM! The option to try the Android Beta was there.

Still cant get it to work on my phone. However, my wife's phone works. The new interface looks great. Not sure if something is wrong with my phone or what. Im about to upgrade it anyway so Im not too concerned about it.

jmac

Reaction score
This is supposedly not the full upgrade yet. google is testing this on our phones a little at a time. Eventually we will have the full version, full screen etc. But When??

rconiv

Reaction score
Was glad for this app on Friday, when I was in the Vancouver B.C. area, and my GPS decided to just stop talking to the satellites on the radio, and at random the screen back light turned off, because you could still touch the screen, and things happened. Turning off the radio, and shutting down for a minute or two with the door open didn't do any good. Though when I came back after doing some shopping, everything worked fine, and it has worked fine since. I had though uninstalled the app, because the driving part seems to be doing things with my application notification volume, like you have a text or call. I find it at zero, and I can't seem to get the driving feature to turn off, so it will quit doing that.

Aberamrod19

Reaction score
i have the new AA and i have the screen on my phone like troutspinner, i had no problems getting new update works great in truck

Users who are viewing this thread