5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Refresh

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go into your apps under settings, select AA, Select Storage, Clear the Cache and the Data and then force stop the app.

Reconnect to your truck and you will see an option to use the new interface. Follow the prompts and you're good to go.

Nope. There is obviously a server side component to this that Google hasn't enabled yet. I'm running the updated app, manually updated Play Services to the latest release but the Settings menu in the app has not updated to the new version so I have no toggle for the new UI.

Tried your steps as well as cleared the cache on Play Services, cleared cache/data on the app numerous times, & rebooted. It's just not there and nothing I can do will enable it.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Go into your apps under settings, select AA, Select Storage, Clear the Cache and the Data and then force stop the app.

Reconnect to your truck and you will see an option to use the new interface. Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
This doesn't work. What is happening is google slow rolling out the update from the servers. By following the steps you listed it forces aa to talk to the server and get the update but only if your device was greenlit for it already.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. There is obviously a server side component to this that Google hasn't enabled yet. I'm running the updated app, manually updated Play Services to the latest release but the Settings menu in the app has not updated to the new version so I have no toggle for the new UI.

Tried your steps as well as cleared the cache on Play Services, cleared cache/data on the app numerous times, & rebooted. It's just not there and nothing I can do will enable it.
This doesn't work. What is happening is google slow rolling out the update from the servers. By following the steps you listed it forces aa to talk to the server and get the update but only if your device was greenlit for it already.

Did you guys update AA via the Play Store? I went into the PS, an update to AA was available. I downloaded and installed it. Went to the truck. Same as before. It wasn't until I did the steps I listed above that I seen the new interface.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you guys update AA via the Play Store? I went into the PS, an update to AA was available. I downloaded and installed it. Went to the truck. Same as before. It wasn't until I did the steps I listed above that I seen the new interface.

Yes, via Play Store. It shows the latest version, it's just that the settings screen won't update to the new version.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm that it was not available to update in the playstore for me this morning but I now have it showing ready to update.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a screen shot of the new interface on a 8.4. The bottom portion
of the picturee of the collage is just the next page down icons, not to be confused with an extended screen.

Waze still doesn't announce over the stereo like Google maps. I guess Google is protecting that one convenience. ;)

20190801_190254.jpg

SSN765

Reaction score
Nope dosen't work for me either even after doing all the suggested moves and it is the newer version.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waze still doesn't announce over the stereo like Google maps.

Just did my app update and hooking up to the truck shortly - however, my Waze announces over the radio just fine (like Gmaps, Waze is owned by google) - are your Waze settings correct? in the Waze app Settings > Voice & Sound > Play sound to phone speaker <<<

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a screen shot of the new interface on a 8.4.

one additional question - what device are you on and did the AAuto app look updated when run on the phone only ? (mine still has the original card view on the phone's screen even w/ version 4.5.592854-release

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did my app update and hooking up to the truck shortly - however, my Waze announces over the radio just fine (like Gmaps, Waze is owned by google) - are your Waze settings correct? in the Waze app Settings > Voice & Sound > Play sound to phone speaker <<<

Ahh, didn't know that. Thanks!

one additional question - what device are you on and did the AAuto app look updated when run on the phone only ? (mine still has the original card view on the phone's screen even w/ version 4.5.592854-release

The interface on the phone itself has not been released yet. Only on the car side.

SSN765

Reaction score
Just curious. What is the revision date for those that the app is working with the new format. Not the revision version the date released ooking at the app store the screen for Auto where it says ininstall or open. Under what's new shows the release date. Mine that does not work is July 24th.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious. What is the revision date for those that the app is working with the new format. Not the revision version the date released ooking at the app store the screen for Auto where it says ininstall or open. Under what's new shows the release date. Mine that does not work is July 24th.

July 24 as well and working. For those not working, see if you have this screen under the apps/Android auto/in-app notifications settings and makes sure Try the new Android auto is on.

Screenshot_20190801-185858_Android Auto.jpg

Tipsterpfd

Reaction score
Don't know how you got that screen up. The new interface is not supposed to work with phones, car systems only. Google say they are coming out with Google Assistant driving mode for phones later this summer?

SSN765

Reaction score
Nope dont have that either good YouTube videos on how to get it to work but none have succeeded for me.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know how you got that screen up. The new interface is not supposed to work with phones, car systems only. Google say they are coming out with Google Assistant driving mode for phones later this summer?

That screen is under my app settings. That particular setting is for vehicle, not phone. My phone still has the old interface. It is my understanding that the phone interface is a couple months out.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
That screen is under my app settings. That particular setting is for vehicle, not phone. My phone still has the old interface. It is my understanding that the phone interface is a couple months out.

Is your map black at night like the old version? I noticed last night when I hooked mine up for the first time that the map was still white like when you're using it during the day. Lit the inside of the truck like a Christmas tree.

Nevermind...I figured it out, I had the interior lights turned off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread