5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANC Delete Harness...

KSOTI

Reaction score
Just keep this as an option..... you may have an issue and not even know it until you load up the back seat area with boxes or something that impedes the speakers. Thats when mine becomes a problem

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the humming drone problem on a brand new 1500. After reading this...might order one. This harness only eliminates ANC correct? Radio and phone are not affected?? Cab might be a little louder??? Love the truck...not the drone.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the humming drone problem on a brand new 1500. After reading this...might order one. This harness only eliminates ANC correct? Radio and phone are not affected?? Cab might be a little louder??? Love the truck...not the drone.

correct. But you might want to have them update/replace the anc to see if that fixes your problem. Unless you don’t care about it or plan on updating your sound system in which case you’re better off without it

MW-RAM

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this on a 2020 model with the HK system? I’ve been discussing with a local shop but they said PAC can’t confirm yet if the ANC bypass harness will work or AmpPro.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this on a 2020 model with the HK system? I’ve been discussing with a local shop but they said PAC can’t confirm yet if the ANC bypass harness will work or AmpPro.
I would bet money that it still works. There really should be no differences between 2019 and 2020.

cstep7263

Reaction score
Does this harness work with the 19 speaker HK system? Will the other speakers still work?

nlindste

Reaction score
Does this harness work with the 19 speaker HK system? Will the other speakers still work?
I am not sure if it will work, contact them to see, they were very quick with answering my questions.

rakk3187

Reaction score
For those of you with a 2019-20 Ram 2500 the box is under the dash between the parking brake and brake pedal. I purchased the harness and just plugged it in, very easy, now to upgrade with amp and speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 144

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... it works with the 2020 HK system. The ANC is a bit more subtle in my truck, vs my previous 2019 with the Alpine system. In the 2019 when I used the adapter, it was almost intolerable with the engine and exhaust being much more pronounced in the cabin. I did not like using it... although in that system the subwoofer is a triple voice coil sub that has one voice coil dedicated to the ANC, so you can unplug the sub and it's not quite as bad as using the harness, because the rear door speakers were still helping with the ANC being that I did not change those when I upgraded the audio system (I simply faded the radio to the front - which did not effect the ability of the ANC to function thru the speaker). However, in my truck with the e-Torque (which may be different than the regular 5.7) the subwoofer is single voice coil and not used in the ANC. So unplugging it does not effect the ANC. When I used the adapter in my 2020, I noticed I could hear the gear shifts and some very slight exhaust noise, but not bad as what it was in the 2019. I think the ANC in the 2020 may be doing something with wind noise as well, because if it wasn't my imagination, I believe I heard more wind noise using the adapter. I stopped to fill up on gas and removed the adapter and I no longer heard the wind noise... the cabin is nearly dead quiet... really amazing how quiet it is, and I could not hear the gear shifts taking off, nor any exhaust. The ANC no doubt works, but it doesn't have to work nearly as hard in my e-Torque 2020 with the HK as it did in the 2019 with the Alpine. FWIW YMMV

Nuno

Reaction score
For those of you looking to get rid of Active Noise Cancellation this harness is as easy as it gets.

Plugged right into the amp on my Alpine system... everything works just as before... (besides ANC obviously)

It works by disconnecting the microphones to the ANC

View attachment 32366

Ordered it last week, just arrived ... just put it in the truck and fired it up, about to go out for a drive.
For those of you looking to get rid of Active Noise Cancellation this harness is as easy as it gets.

Plugged right into the amp on my Alpine system... everything works just as before... (besides ANC obviously)

View attachment 32366

Ordered it last week, just arrived ... just put it in the truck and fired it up, about to go out for a drive.
It says it would work with all trims with ANC or factory amp with no sub. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with OEM Alpine system. I think there is a OEM sub behind the passenger rear seat. So my question is, would it work on my truck?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-222539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-222539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 63

JP305R

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 Quad cab basic stereo BIG HORN ANC is not under the driver seat I was told it’s under steering wheel but can’t find it can someone help? Any thanks in advance.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
I pulled the microphone wires from the connector under the driver seat months ago, and one thing I noticed is the automatic volume control no longer functions because the in-cabin microphones are now disconnected.
Thought you should know.

Steve

bbetts00

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten confirmation on whether the LLJ Customs ANC bypass adapter works with the 12" Alpine system (Limited)?

Kb24

Reaction score

View attachment 32366

Does anyone know where the anc box is on a 2020 ram 1500 warlock? It’s not under my seats.

Imkevin77

Reaction score
ANC is a system that detects noise in the cabin (typically engine/exhaust system noises) and "injects" noise into the stereo system to cancel the noise.

If the system is working properly - you won't even notice it. If it's got a problem, or you add amps/subs/etc - the system freaks out and needs to be disconnected.

If you aren't having issues with your ANC (that is, working properly), and you haven't/aren't upgrading stereo equipment - then bypassing the ANC will result in a NOISIER CABIN.

Personally - I think it works well in my limited - and I'm not modding (yet). I'm impressed with how quiet and comfortable these new RAMS are - on the top of the reasons I bought one. Some people want to FEEL LIKE they're in a truck, all noisy and all. I like a quiet comfortable ride - with the functionality of a truck.

YMMV.

As far as "solutions" go - this harness is a clean way to do it - without depinning/cutting wires - or pulling mics out of headliners and disconnecting. It's easily reversible and cost effective.

Rick
I am shocked to see that you were able to put this in to your limited, I have the same truck, and I’m putting a serious system in the truck. So I bought this kit, and I was about to place it In the truck tomorrow but I am reading that it’s not comparable with the 2019 limited 12” screen hardon/Kardon system.

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
ANC is a system that detects noise in the cabin (typically engine/exhaust system noises) and "injects" noise into the stereo system to cancel the noise.

If the system is working properly - you won't even notice it. If it's got a problem, or you add amps/subs/etc - the system freaks out and needs to be disconnected.

If you aren't having issues with your ANC (that is, working properly), and you haven't/aren't upgrading stereo equipment - then bypassing the ANC will result in a NOISIER CABIN.

Personally - I think it works well in my limited - and I'm not modding (yet). I'm impressed with how quiet and comfortable these new RAMS are - on the top of the reasons I bought one. Some people want to FEEL LIKE they're in a truck, all noisy and all. I like a quiet comfortable ride - with the functionality of a truck.

YMMV.

As far as "solutions" go - this harness is a clean way to do it - without depinning/cutting wires - or pulling mics out of headliners and disconnecting. It's easily reversible and cost effective.

Rick
Yoo Rick so is that where I would cut into so I can get signal for my amp ? Thank you in advance boss

Attachments

• 271A346E-8898-4BEE-83B9-FCE0090EB2A6.jpeg
    271A346E-8898-4BEE-83B9-FCE0090EB2A6.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread