5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANC Delete Harness...

JasonB

Reaction score
For those of you looking to get rid of Active Noise Cancellation this harness is as easy as it gets.

Plugged right into the amp on my Alpine system... everything works just as before... (besides ANC obviously)

It works by disconnecting the microphones to the ANC

5A97EED3-547A-480B-B857-F0E6C5EC8B0D.png

Ordered it last week, just arrived ... just put it in the truck and fired it up, about to go out for a drive.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you looking to get rid of Active Noise Cancellation this harness is as easy as it gets.

Plugged right into the amp on my Alpine system... everything works just as before... (besides ANC obviously)

View attachment 32366

Ordered it last week, just arrived ... just put it in the truck and fired it up, about to go out for a drive.
10% off too code WS119

JasonB

Reaction score
Some people have ANC issues, there is a TSB on it... also when upgrading your stereo the ANC can cause problems.

Reaction score
Everything works, no issues, only thing I noticed was more exhaust sound from my
Magnaflow... which i approve
I am about to order it where do you install it. The website says under the passenger seat but my amp is under the driver seat, at least I think. The ANC is driving me crazy

Johnathan2007

Reaction score

View attachment 32366

Quick question I might be a dumb one but how do you know if you have active noise cancellation?
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. 12 inch screen Alpine 9 speakers

JasonB

Reaction score
You have it, same system I do... there are 4 speaker mics in the headliner

JasonB

Reaction score
I am about to order it where do you install it. The website says under the passenger seat but my amp is under the driver seat, at least I think. The ANC is driving me crazy

Under the drivers seat... passenger seat has the jack.

It is the large white connector ... only one that plugs into the harness

KSOTI

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm as in this is interesting not as in the annoying sound my truck makes lol. If the TSB doesn't fix my ANC i will be getting one of these. Not sure why Ram felt ANC was necessary personally I'm ok with a truck that sounds like a truck.

nlindste

Reaction score
I have it in my truck and the build quality of the harness is excellent. Well worth the purchase, I have not had any luck with RAM finding a fix for the droning noise. This harness fixed it for me without issue.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
If you don't have the ANC issues then what benefit would this harness provide? I don't have plans to upgrade audio, but would like to know if there is any benefit to this aside from bypassing Ram for a fix to ANC issues. Thanks

RSConsulting

Reaction score
If you don't have the ANC issues then what benefit would this harness provide? I don't have plans to upgrade audio, but would like to know if there is any benefit to this aside from bypassing Ram for a fix to ANC issues. Thanks

ANC is a system that detects noise in the cabin (typically engine/exhaust system noises) and "injects" noise into the stereo system to cancel the noise.

If the system is working properly - you won't even notice it. If it's got a problem, or you add amps/subs/etc - the system freaks out and needs to be disconnected.

If you aren't having issues with your ANC (that is, working properly), and you haven't/aren't upgrading stereo equipment - then bypassing the ANC will result in a NOISIER CABIN.

Personally - I think it works well in my limited - and I'm not modding (yet). I'm impressed with how quiet and comfortable these new RAMS are - on the top of the reasons I bought one. Some people want to FEEL LIKE they're in a truck, all noisy and all. I like a quiet comfortable ride - with the functionality of a truck.

YMMV.

As far as "solutions" go - this harness is a clean way to do it - without depinning/cutting wires - or pulling mics out of headliners and disconnecting. It's easily reversible and cost effective.

Rick

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

there isn’t any benefit IMO to delete the anc if you aren’t having issues. The anc’s job is to remove certain frequencies that cause drone/white noise, etc so you can have a quieter ride. When it works, it’s great. Sometimes the anc is a problem when it’s malfunctioning (they should be able to swap it and fix it) or when you upgrade your door speakers and/or add an amp and it changes the phase or acoustics in the cabin which causes the anc to glitch at low rpms. When that happens you can either try correcting phase or just override/delete the anc by using this harness or unpinning the mic wires in the existing harness. My opinion though is if it is working why not leave it.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Thanks for the great answers. I will leave well enough alone then...mine seems to work great.

Users who are viewing this thread