5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analog Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
SJ: 2019 RAM Tradesman, 5.7L, quad cab.

Has anyone installed an analog oil pressure gauge, perhaps with an A - pillar mount ? I have seen some like the Holley/Dashpak however I only want a monitor, not a tuner.
It would certainly be an easier installation to be able to get info off the OBD connector.

Appears also that many of the DashPaks are for Holley / EFI installations when you do an EFI update.

Thanks in advance.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Has anyone installed an analog oil pressure gauge, perhaps with an A - pillar mount ? I have seen some like the Holley/Dashpak however I only want a monitor, not a tuner.
It would certainly be an easier installation to be able to get info off the OBD connector.

Appears also that many of the DashPaks are for Holley / EFI installations when you do an EFI update.

Thanks in advance.
Why do you want one? You have two different oil pressure readings available in your truck now...analog and digital

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
Why do you want one? You have two different oil pressure readings available in your truck now...analog and digital
Please tell me how to get a numerical readout. I have the base model Tradesman. Other than the "gauge" on the dash, which could be indicating 10psi or 60psi, I find nothing accurate. Thank you.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Please tell me how to get a numerical readout. I have the base model Tradesman. Other than the "gauge" on the dash, which could be indicating 10psi or 60psi, I find nothing accurate. Thank you.
That would make sense knowing you have a base Tradesman. The trims with the larger digital gauge cluster will show items like Coolant Temp, Tranny Temp, Oil Pressure and more all fully digital. Sounds like you're back to your original thought. You may want to add a signature to your profile detailing what you have so we all know in the future when you repost. Merry Christmas!

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
That would make sense knowing you have a base Tradesman. The trims with the larger digital gauge cluster will show items like Coolant Temp, Tranny Temp, Oil Pressure and more all fully digital. Sounds like you're back to your original thought. You may want to add a signature to your profile detailing what you have so we all know in the future when you repost. Merry Christmas!
Thanks very much. Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You should be able to see the digital in the message center.

You should have one for just the oil pressure and then one that has oil pressure, coolant, transmission, and oil temp

I can not imagine they do not have this for the tradesman.

I do not know the procedure for 1500 but you should have arrows on your steering wheel.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

If you can't use the left arrows on your steering wheel to adjust the center gauge screen to show other readouts, then you definitely don't have it.

But luckily, you can get an easy to setup readout for $15 or so. Buy a Bluetooth OBD II reader on Amazon, you then can connect it to your cellphone, download Torque app (recommend you pay the $5 or so for the full version), which will allow you to setup a digital dashboard on your phone along with the ability to read engine light codes, clear them, etc.

This will show real time coolant temps, oil pressure, current speed, rpm, volts, pretty much the works. You can setup several screens of gauges to your liking, customize how the gauges look and size, etc. Just get a phone mount for your dash for easy viewing.

I used this system for years with my 2015 F150. It was a turbo, and I wanted to see the boost gauge, when it was in boost and vacuum. Should work great for you and not only cheaper but honestly can look better and more cleaner (if you have a good phone mount) than installing traditional gauges on the a-pillar.

This is the reader I used, gone up in price, now $20, but there are cheaper ones if you want to shop around...

OBDII Reader: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en_US&gl=US

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/gh/app/obd2-torque-obdii-check-car/id1359567217

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

This also looks like a good option if you don't want to use your phone: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GYLXJ1V

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Have you checked your dash display for the readouts. Use the buttons on your steering wheel. Or did I miss your findings?

He has a more basic model without those options.

But with OBDII readers and readouts, for just a few bucks he can have even more digital readouts than the most loaded RAM is capable of showing in the gauge screen.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Tradesman should still have that option. I own one.

Unless RAM pulled a trailer mirror fiasco then he should be able to pull up the readouts.

Guess I need to go search mode

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your oil life, trailer setup, digital speedometer, fuel economy guage all your settings and other information will be there.

To include individual oil temp, oil pressure, charging, idle and travel hours, transmission temp etc

And to include a screen that monitors coolant temp, transmission temp, oil temp and oil pressure

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yours will navigate more like my Cherokee, mine does not have the ok button which just means you use your arrows slightly different

You should have a screen like this and your info may be slightly different 20210102_143603_HDR.jpg 20210102_143619.jpg 20210102_143631_HDR.jpg 20210102_143640_HDR.jpg 20210102_143635_HDR.jpg 20210102_143643.jpg 20210102_143649.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread