5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love it man! The tail end of the original article points directly to your affinity of the 3:21! I appreciate the original posting you were able to be unbiased in your write up keeping true with the facts and not over complicating anything! Thank you!
Don't go clouding the thread up with nonsense like facts. There is no place for that here.

There are just two things to know:

1. Trucks are universally better with the 3.92 gears as the 3.21 just defeats the whole purpose of having a powerful 5.7 gas truck.

2. Canucks don't know squat about making whiskey.
AND, just a minute, let me get my fire protection gear on from the flames, ok, ready. 👨‍🚒
Neither do the Scots ☄️🔥 (scotch isn't real whiskey, it's scotch). Whiskey is a southern American heritage.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Love it man! The tail end of the original article points directly to your affinity of the 3:21! I appreciate the original posting you were able to be unbiased in your write up keeping true with the facts and not over complicating anything! Thank you!
Unfortunately, Jack hasn't been on this forum in over 2 years. :confused:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
What’s wrong with Canadian mist? Guess I’m a cheap drunk
Well, for one, it's Canadian. Two, see problem number one.

Back in the day one of my friends used to drink shots of Canadian Mist and chased it with iced tea. I do still have a buddy that drinks it. We don't make fun of him though. He's about 6'4" and somewhere around 450. He drinks whatever the heck he wants.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Well, for one, it's Canadian. Two, see problem number one.

Back in the day one of my friends used to drink shots of Canadian Mist and chased it with iced tea. I do still have a buddy that drinks it. We don't make fun of him though. He's about 6'4" and somewhere around 450. He drinks whatever the heck he wants.
....and he eats whatever he wants. :LOL:

D3vans

Reaction score
At that size Shrek do what Shrek want! Ramroo, a 95 Rye will put you right in a hurry. Stop fussin about, make it neat.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I like Canadian whiskey neat

Don't go clouding the thread up with nonsense like facts. There is no place for that here.

There are just two things to know:

1. Trucks are universally better with the 3.92 gears as the 3.21 just defeats the whole purpose of having a powerful 5.7 gas truck.

2. Canucks don't know squat about making whiskey.
AND, just a minute, let me get my fire protection gear on from the flames, ok, ready. 👨‍🚒
Neither do the Scots ☄️🔥 (scotch isn't real whiskey, it's scotch). Whiskey is a southern American heritage.
This thread is long overdue to be closed by the moderators. However I may as well do my part to get to 2,000 posts.

Regarding Scotch vs. whiskey... Whiskey spelled with an 'e' is generally only used in Ireland and the US. I'm in the mood for a quick history lesson on the origins of whiskey with an 'e'.

Up until the late 19th century, globally almost all distillers spelled whisky without the 'e' (including in the US). I won't get too far into the weeds, but at the time Ireland owned about 70% of the global market and was second only to Canadian whisky in the US market. It was considered a premium product with higher prices. A dispute arose - mostly between Irish and Scottish distillers - over whether blended whiskies could use the name "whisky". Ultimately a royal commission determined that it was allowed. In response many Irish distillers decided to add the 'e' to differentiate their product. Since Irish whiskey was considered superior in the US market, distillers in the US tried to capitalize and began spelling it with an 'e' as well. So in reality, the spelling with an 'e' was invented in Ireland and aped by American distillers. Whiskey with an 'e' has little to do with American heritage unless we want to be known for trying to copy another country's product while undercutting on price in an effort to gain market share (sounds familiar...). Bourbon on the other hand (which is also a type of whiskey) is considered a uniquely American product and is closely associated with the American South.

Finally, Scotch Whisky is absolutely whisky (or whiskey if you prefer). However, it must be produced in Scotland to be labeled as such. Similar to Tennessee Whiskey, which can only be produced in that state but is otherwise essentially bourbon. And of course Champagne which is just sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France.

Class dismissed.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Oh, coca-cola, I get it now. All this time I thought we were dissolving cocaine in our booze

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
This thread is long overdue to be closed by the moderators. However I may as well do my part to get to 2,000 posts.

Regarding Scotch vs. whiskey... Whiskey spelled with an 'e' is generally only used in Ireland and the US. I'm in the mood for a quick history lesson on the origins of whiskey with an 'e'.

Up until the late 19th century, globally almost all distillers spelled whisky without the 'e' (including in the US). I won't get too far into the weeds, but at the time Ireland owned about 70% of the global market and was second only to Canadian whisky in the US market. It was considered a premium product with higher prices. A dispute arose - mostly between Irish and Scottish distillers - over whether blended whiskies could use the name "whisky". Ultimately a royal commission determined that it was allowed. In response many Irish distillers decided to add the 'e' to differentiate their product. Since Irish whiskey was considered superior in the US market, distillers in the US tried to capitalize and began spelling it with an 'e' as well. So in reality, the spelling with an 'e' was invented in Ireland and aped by American distillers. Whiskey with an 'e' has little to do with American heritage unless we want to be known for trying to copy another country's product while undercutting on price in an effort to gain market share (sounds familiar...). Bourbon on the other hand (which is also a type of whiskey) is considered a uniquely American product and is closely associated with the American South.

Finally, Scotch Whisky is absolutely whisky (or whiskey if you prefer). However, it must be produced in Scotland to be labeled as such. Similar to Tennessee Whiskey, which can only be produced in that state but is otherwise essentially bourbon. And of course Champagne which is just sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France.

Class dismissed.
So you're saying, whiskey is American and trucks have 3.92 gears. OK. That would be correct.

Semester ended.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Class dismissed.
Hey Yankee, Just woke up. Are Cliffs or Spark note’s available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/