5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amber lights in grille

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score
Here are the ones I used, I did dremel off side tabs and inserted through front of grill. Held in with double sided tape wrapped around barrel of light. I used the smoked lense but amber lense is also available on Amazon.

BASIKER Auto Front Grille Lights for 2004-2019 Ford F150 Raptor F250 External White LED Lights Decoration | 3 Pack Black Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCQ9PD1/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_GeqGEbF0WVCJZ
8a7503259083e4b078f095d29fbd297b.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I actually used your grill as inspiration when I was doing mine!
1aca92ad69570fc53989c8bf763c0d9e.jpg

I used these amber lights. Did my own and did a buddy’s F350. Only downside is the pack comes with SO MANY LIGHTS.

The 3/4inch rubber grommet fit perfectly in the opening of the grill, my lights haven’t moved at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aarons_Ram

Reaction score
anyone have an update on how to mount these in the grille of a bighorn?

FishOn

Reaction score
Looks great.. what lights did you use?
anyone have an update on how to mount these in the grille of a bighorn?
The 3/4" LEDs from Amazon push right in and don't move. Like the ones @2019GRamRebel used. The 3 across the top are pre-installed in the Raptor/Rebel aftermarket grill i got ebay for $200. I added a couple "pop ins"... Gotta be different, ya know?

Moestavern33

Reaction score
I was told by the dealership that unless I install these with a toggle switch to turn them on that I would void my warranty. Has anyone else been told the same.
I really want to tie them in with the parking lights to come on automatically when the other lights come on. But not at the expense of my warranty.
Thanks,
Matt

Moestavern33

Reaction score
tell your dealership to go get bent

DONT cut your wiring

go get a curt adapter like it says on pg 1

do the needful
I’ll go read install tips and check out the curt adapter. I just saw the thread and posted what I was told. Thx for the tip 🤙

saylor

Reaction score
get a curt 7 pin adapter with 5 pin harness - its covered in these forums under adding reverse lights - it all steals connections off the trailer feeds.
but the post on pg 1 - dude says:

"All the lights are daisy chained together and I ran the ground of the led's to the driver side fender where there are a couple of ground bolts. For the 12v power I initially wanted to tap into the parking lamp wire behind the headlight but found it hard to get to(not a lot of room to probe for correct wire) and thought it was quicker and easier just to run a wire back to my from my curt T harness that I used for my tailgate bar in the back and tap in the parking lamp wire of t-harness to supply the 12 volts when the parking lamps are turned on."

the trailer feeds off the 5 pin or 7 pin are strong enough to run some lights. if you are gonna run BIG lights, i suggest only using the trailer feed as a trigger wire for a relay and use fused battery power if you are gonna power some big *** lamps. if you are gonna actually hook up a trailer ever you may want to unhook any adds you have added also, so the trailer gets the full juice.

you could toggle switch it, but if you use the trailer pin feed, it will be on via whenever your usual lights are on. im about to do this myself to my own rig.

front license plate holder
20210204_164806.jpg

Moestavern33

Reaction score
Thx Saylor, appreciate you taking the time to give me some detailed information.

Ccm12

Reaction score

Katana

Reaction score
Truck.jpg

Not Amber, I went with red instead. I originally ordered Amber but got Red in the package so red it was.

Users who are viewing this thread