5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine 9 Speaker System, Adding A Subwoofer.....

1lowcab

Reaction score
Can you help me out with figuring out what I need to do to get mine installed lol
Everything you need is in that AmpPRO kit. After you hook it up its just like adding an amp and sub to an aftermarket radio. Super simple.

Diaz0401

Reaction score
Everything you need is in that AmpPRO kit. After you hook it up its just like adding an amp and sub to an aftermarket radio. Super simple.
Cool I ordered it last night the the bypass harness for the ANC

Buddy3club

Reaction score
Yep, that's what a lot of folks have done and I think with some success. Not the route I took personally but other folks have. Attached a wiring diagram for the ANC for reference.

-Rich
What route did you take? Im in the same boat. Does it shut off your amp if you don’t have the ANC disable?

RichInMN

Reaction score
What route did you take? Im in the same boat. Does it shut off your amp if you don’t have the ANC disable?
I don't have the Alpine, I have the base 6 which is a lot easier to deal with. I just unplugged the ANC unit's mics (I left it powered just in case it threw codes with it fully unplugged, which it seems from other people's experience is not really a valid concern) and took signal straight from the head unit using a PAC adapter. Good luck with your install!

somkovic

Reaction score
So I’ve been reading this entire thread and I’m still having trouble getting to the bottom of this issues of adding subs to the Alpine with 8” sub system. Can you help understand, is the AmpPRO kit all I need to add a Skar Audio dual 12” box with 1200 mono amp?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’ve been reading this entire thread and I’m still having trouble getting to the bottom of this issues of adding subs to the Alpine with 8” sub system. Can you help understand, is the AmpPRO kit all I need to add a Skar Audio dual 12” box with 1200 mono amp?
..or you can use just this if aall you want is and adpator for the subwoofer

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The AmpPro is if you want more line outs, 3 pairs to be exact, the APsub has only one pair of rca’s, mainly to add just a sub.
The AmpPro doesn’t come with the ANC bypass harness, the APSub does.
If just adding a sub/mono signal, the AP sub is the way to go. I have one for sale, just no ANC bypass harness. I upgraded to an AmpPro I purchased used off the Buy and Sell forum. PM me if interested, I’ll let it go for cheap+shipping and all you’ll need is the ANC bypass. Shoots🤙🏽

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online