5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine 9 Speaker System, Adding A Subwoofer.....

1lowcab

Reaction score
Ok, I've read through a lot of the threads on here and I'm still confused, lol.

I want to install an aftermarket subwoofer and amplifier. what cable or box do I need since I have ANC?
I have the Alpine system with the factory 8" sub.

All I want is a clean low level signal to run to a monoblock amp to power a pair of subs and not have the ANC go crazy.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
same i wanna add a sub in the truck most likey another 8 and some tweeters in the rear

1lowcab

Reaction score
Well, I hope someone can point us in the right direction!!

sppb32

Reaction score
The alpine system is a bit complicated, i was looking at the Factory subwoofer and it's a triple voice coil, i completely removed it as i'm running close to 7K watts and needed room for a lithium battery but it's the first time i saw a speaker with 3 voice coils... Now (technically) you should be able to tap into one of the voice coil feeds and use a line output converter for an aftermarket amplifier, i won't be able to test that theory because i got the battery installed and the seat back on but i'm pretty sure it's possible.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The alpine system is a bit complicated, i was looking at the Factory subwoofer and it's a triple voice coil, i completely removed it as i'm running close to 7K watts and needed room for a lithium battery but it's the first time i saw a speaker with 3 voice coils... Now (technically) you should be able to tap into one of the voice coil feeds and use a line output converter for an aftermarket amplifier, i won't be able to test that theory because i got the battery installed and the seat back on but i'm pretty sure it's possible.
so if i removed it would i be able to add a different sub in place of it and then add another amp also?

sppb32

Reaction score
so if i removed it would i be able to add a different sub in place of it and then add another amp also?
It's not that simple that's what i'm saying, the best option is an integration module like 1lowcab mentioned.

david0

Reaction score

I am trying this out for my '19 Rebel with the 12" touchscreen and factory Alpine system.

I've been browsing the forum for several days as I plan my install, and there is a lot of confusion that makes it hard to know what will work and what won't. I only found this thread because of a link from another thread I was reviewing. My plan is below, and I'll follow up to confirm if this works for me or not.

I'll tap into the driver's side rear speaker signal (from this harness), so that I leave the factory wiring untouched and also disable ANC. I'll be running some 2-conductor 18awg wire from my taps on this harness to my amp's speaker level inputs. My amp is the Audio Control LC1.800, and I'm putting in the JL Audio Stealthbox with the two pre-loaded 10s.

If Amazon delivers the harness earlier than later tomorrow, I'll probably be able to finish my install this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

1lowcab

Reaction score

Has anyone used Fox Acoustics for subwoofer enclosures????
There are a few videos of them on youtube, they look pretty good. Its what I'll be using once I start on the sound system.

I am trying this out for my '19 Rebel with the 12" touchscreen and factory Alpine system.

I've been browsing the forum for several days as I plan my install, and there is a lot of confusion that makes it hard to know what will work and what won't. I only found this thread because of a link from another thread I was reviewing. My plan is below, and I'll follow up to confirm if this works for me or not.

I'll tap into the driver's side rear speaker signal (from this harness), so that I leave the factory wiring untouched and also disable ANC. I'll be running some 2-conductor 18awg wire from my taps on this harness to my amp's speaker level inputs. My amp is the Audio Control LC1.800, and I'm putting in the JL Audio Stealthbox with the two pre-loaded 10s.

If Amazon delivers the harness earlier than later tomorrow, I'll probably be able to finish my install this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep us updated.

david0

Reaction score
I am not too happy with the ANC-CH01 harness.

First of all, the instructions suck - it says to disconnect the 22 pin connector from the ANC and connect the harness to the disconnected plug, but there are two 22 pin connectors going into the module - one grey, and one white. It doesn't say which one to disconnect, and I'm not going to randomly pick one and risk damaging my truck's electronics.

Second, the 16 pin connector on the ANC-CH01 harness does not fit the female harness from the vehicle. While it's close, the spacing of the grooves on the bottom of the connectors don't line up. Pictured below, the left plug is from the ANC-CH01 harness - the right plug is the one pulled from the ANC module.

20210626_175955.jpg

I managed to get the two connectors connected about 1/8th of an inch, and just look at how the harness housing (at the bottom) is bending to try to fit around the vehicle plug: CONNECTOR_CROPPED.jpg

The other two connectors in the harness fit fine - this is the only one giving me issues. It's also odd that the vehicle connector has 5 pairs, but the PAC harness only has 4 pairs. I am going to get in touch with PAC about the issue on Monday and see what they say.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not too happy with the ANC-CH01 harness.

First of all, the instructions suck - it says to disconnect the 22 pin connector from the ANC and connect the harness to the disconnected plug, but there are two 22 pin connectors going into the module - one grey, and one white. It doesn't say which one to disconnect, and I'm not going to randomly pick one and risk damaging my truck's electronics.

Second, the 16 pin connector on the ANC-CH01 harness does not fit the female harness from the vehicle. While it's close, the spacing of the grooves on the bottom of the connectors don't line up. Pictured below, the left plug is from the ANC-CH01 harness - the right plug is the one pulled from the ANC module.

View attachment 98083

I managed to get the two connectors connected about 1/8th of an inch, and just look at how the harness housing (at the bottom) is bending to try to fit around the vehicle plug: View attachment 98084

The other two connectors in the harness fit fine - this is the only one giving me issues. It's also odd that the vehicle connector has 5 pairs, but the PAC harness only has 4 pairs. I am going to get in touch with PAC about the issue on Monday and see what they say.
You sure that harness is compatible with the Alpine and HK systems?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Rlandon

Reaction score
You sure that harness is compatible with the Alpine and HK systems?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
After just reading the instructions from the PAC site, it is not for use on amplified systems with center channels or factory subs. That eliminates the Alpine and HK. This is to get a high level signal to an aftermarket amp. That's the way I read the doc's. I bought one myself but yet to install. I think I'll return it to Amazon and keep the money.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Well that sucks, scratch that one off the list.
There has to be something out there to bypass the ANC on the factory amplified systems.

david0

Reaction score
After just reading the instructions from the PAC site, it is not for use on amplified systems with center channels or factory subs. That eliminates the Alpine and HK. This is to get a high level signal to an aftermarket amp. That's the way I read the doc's. I bought one myself but yet to install. I think I'll return it to Amazon and keep the money.

I was also wondering about the compatibility, but the poor instructions left the possibility of it working with the Alpine system open ended. My interpretation of the installation notes was that it's not for aftermarket amplified systems, but was okay for the factory amplified systems. However, item #2 in the notes suggests the presence of a center channel and/or subwoofer indicate it's not compatible because it's factory amplified. To further confuse the reader, they say the harness is only for "non-amplified vehicles"... but all speakers are powered by an amplifier one way or another, so I took the chance.

I'll try to get the correct connector part number from PAC support on Monday so I can share it here and make my own.

On another note - why does the ANC module need to be disabled/bypassed? Have people left the ANC module in place and ran into problems? I am skeptical of the "because it will cause issues with aftermarket audio changes" answer, and I would like to explore this in more detail while my install is on hold.

jd20lar

Reaction score
I was also wondering about the compatibility, but the poor instructions left the possibility of it working with the Alpine system open ended. My interpretation of the installation notes was that it's not for aftermarket amplified systems, but was okay for the factory amplified systems. However, item #2 in the notes suggests the presence of a center channel and/or subwoofer indicate it's not compatible because it's factory amplified. To further confuse the reader, they say the harness is only for "non-amplified vehicles"... but all speakers are powered by an amplifier one way or another, so I took the chance.

I'll try to get the correct connector part number from PAC support on Monday so I can share it here and make my own.

On another note - why does the ANC module need to be disabled/bypassed? Have people left the ANC module in place and ran into problems? I am skeptical of the "because it will cause issues with aftermarket audio changes" answer, and I would like to explore this in more detail while my install is on hold.
Alpine system here too. I've been looking and hunting for ways to upgrade without completely trashing the factory amp and ANC sys. Not really possible without a lot of hassle wiring(larger) and/or spending big bucks.

Go to Crutchfield.com I think you have the wrong connector. you need the 03, not the 01.

I was hopping to put in some speakers and call it good. But.... I put Infinity Ref in dash, nice and bright, and now makes the rest sound like the crap it is. The front doors only receive low end so can't put full range in, would be a waste w/o bipassing amp. Going to in rear tho (Infinity Ref again) hoping to add some balance back. But I fear then I will want more bass too. Power output amp to factory sub? Might just upgrade sub?
Here is a vid that really helps to understand why these systems are a pain to upgrade and the neatest way I think with the DSR1 ....

Next note. Has anyone done anything with the headliner speakers recently? Is it worth it? Read some old on here. And how to get the grills off? Saw some pics he posted but mine just won't.

Last edited:

RichInMN

Reaction score
Don't be skeptical - the ANC is made for factory levels and speakers, and will send crazy low tones through anything different.

You can keep it hooked up... so long as you disconnect all of the ANC's microphones.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Don't be skeptical - the ANC is made for factory levels and speakers, and will send crazy low tones through anything different.

You can keep it hooked up... so long as you disconnect all of the ANC's microphones.
Can you just depin the mics at the connector?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/