5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
With AlphaOBD, can you access the air ride settings (psi) on each corner? and adjust them accordingly?

Samimakk

Reaction score
And that's if they are even capable. My truck came with power-folding mirrors on the window sticker, but then upgraded to the towing package with towing mirrors. I replaced the towing mirrors with standard power-folding mirrors and all the necessary hardware, but my dealer could not add the software to make it work. I had to use Alphaobd, which actually cost less than it would have to get the dealer programming, and I have more power to make other changes now.
Hello I just ran into the same issue purchased a 2020 Ram Rebel with tow mirrors
I ordered and installed new power mirrors, door switch and both door modules. I went to dealership and they Were unable to put the sales code in and program. Can you help me and tell me exactly what I need to purchase to program.

dlynch34

Reaction score
Yes. All you do is edit the fuel capacity size (it’s in liters). I just moved from a 26 to the 33gal tank and that’s all I had to adjust to make the range to empty value show proper. The fuel pump is the same between the two so didn’t need to adjust any of those values.

However for you if you go from 23 to 26 you will need to check the fuel tank sensor values because the fuel pump is different between those two.

Dixit
so when I tried to do this I got an error and it would not let me change the fuel size. Is this for only the 2019 classic that it can be changed?

Dixit

Reaction score
so when I tried to do this I got an error and it would not let me change the fuel size. Is this for only the 2019 classic that it can be changed?

Can you go through the steps you took to get the error? Mines a 2019 Limited and not a classic and had no issues changing this. Few others haven’t had an issue either.

I go to 2013-2017 Mode year. Then PowerNet. Then car configuration change.

Should be under vehicle configuration 3 I believe. Fuel capacity in liters.

dlynch34

Reaction score
Can you go through the steps you took to get the error? Mines a 2019 Limited and not a classic and had no issues changing this. Few others haven’t had an issue either.

I go to 2013-2017 Mode year. Then PowerNet. Then car configuration change.

Should be under vehicle configuration 3 I believe. Fuel capacity in liters.
ok so I need to make sure I am doing this correctly... I first use the bypass module ...located behind emergency break... .. I then hook up my obd wifi and connect to the wifi of that on my android.. I then went into the alfaodb and connected it I think i tried the 2018 and 2019 powernet didnt try 2013-2017 one....

Dixit

Reaction score
ok so I need to make sure I am doing this correctly... I first use the bypass module ...located behind emergency break... .. I then hook up my obd wifi and connect to the wifi of that on my android.. I then went into the alfaodb and connected it I think i tried the 2018 and 2019 powernet didnt try 2013-2017 one....

Yea try 2013-2017. I know I used that one.

I know the other two didn’t work or won’t show the fuel capacity. It’s same BCM basically. The app hasn’t been well updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlynch34

Reaction score
Yea try 2013-2017. I know I used that one.

I know the other two didn’t work or won’t show the fuel capacity. It’s same BCM basically. The app hasn’t been well updated.

so I get after it connects a white window pop up that says a bunch of stuff basically that the ecu verificaiton failed... so im not doing something right here apparently... I too have a 2019 limited... I do hit continue and then went to the 2013 -2017 as noted but I still get a failed. Requested procedure is not supported by the unit.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
so I get after it connects a white window pop up that says a bunch of stuff basically that the ecu verificaiton failed... so im not doing something right here apparently... I too have a 2019 limited... I do hit continue and then went to the 2013 -2017 as noted but I still get a failed. Requested procedure is not supported by the unit.

What adapter are you using and are you using windows version or android?

dlynch34

Reaction score
What adapter are you using and are you using windows version or android?

yea that might be the issue.. I ordered another one recommended for the app see how that goes.

Dixit

Reaction score
yea that might be the issue.. I ordered another one recommended for the app see how that goes.
I dont know if its the adapter. I have some cheap knockoff I paid $15 on amazon for and its been working just fine. I just went out and had to take pics of my tablet since thats my only Android device. I redid this to show the steps of changing the fuel capacity, worked fine.

Attachments

• IMG_9319.JPG
    IMG_9319.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_9320.JPG
    IMG_9320.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_9321.JPG
    IMG_9321.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_9322.JPG
    IMG_9322.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_9323.JPG
    IMG_9323.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_9324.JPG
    IMG_9324.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 271

LamboMitch

Reaction score
end to beginning - best way to get video to the screen is with a jailbroken iphone or android and their respective screen mirroring. composite video input via a separate device is garbage quality vs digital to digital display. that just wasn't an option for what I am doing so that's why I went down the rabbit hole of cargo cam input on the other thread.

there is an option in the control menus without alfa to handle auto heated seats. I believe it starts @ the 50s of deg F and I don't recall auto cooled seats. I'll certainly be able to voodoo that into the carPC project once my can bus adapter arrives. someday. on a slow boat from china.

with a modern auto just about all of the signalled actions are over CAN-bus which makes for a field day of "if this then that" kind of read and respond coding to happen. Basically I need to be able to see the triggered action happen on the bus to get the coding for it, then I can replay it with the conditionals I come up with. The conditionals can be anything on the bus that I see or any other sensor available to the raspberry pi I am using like a phone bluetooth association.

Imagine a dual stage ignition interrupt for theft deterrence.

does the Pi see the pushbutton start command hit the bus -> yes

is the phone associated with bluetooth -> yes
do -> nothing
is the phone associated with bluetooth -> no
do -> turn off the ignition

this is a basic example of security through obscurity as the attacker would need to know both your cloned fob (easy enough) and fake your bluetooth association with the raspi (how would they know even to look for that to clone it) before they could drive off. of course if the thief knew about your carpc ignition interrupt they could just rip it out and carry on. This mandates that any kind of security feature like this be part of a well hidden install (not a honking obvious OBD2 connector).

Thats awesome is this a project your gonna offer? i am definitely interested in another line of security. i don't wanna add an aftermarket alarm to it so this would be awesome. I am assuming you are looking into a better option to put video on the screen that actually worth something.

derp

Reaction score
Thats awesome is this a project your gonna offer? i am definitely interested in another line of security. i don't wanna add an aftermarket alarm to it so this would be awesome. I am assuming you are looking into a better option to put video on the screen that actually worth something.
yes it is, parts just happen to be quite literally on a slow boat from china.

derp

Reaction score
as far as putting video on screen, I've jsut been using the composite video input till I get frustrated to the point of giving up and making my pi do android and then using that to carplay to the head unit with no quality loss.
I'm not an android dev, so I'd like to stay in linux unless I have no other options.

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
I have just tried installing the factory brake controller and I have a couple questions. Should I have a new screen in the evic for the brake controller? I do have the Uconnect settings for the trailer brake selections but nothing in the evic to set gains or anything. Followed the directions step by step and enabled the p/t itbm, trailer select, trailer type, and trailer name are all set to yes. This is on a 2019 bighorn level 2 group. No nav. Maybe I’m just not waiting long enough?

Konrad

Reaction score
I have just tried installing the factory brake controller and I have a couple questions. Should I have a new screen in the evic for the brake controller? I do have the Uconnect settings for the trailer brake selections but nothing in the evic to set gains or anything. Followed the directions step by step and enabled the p/t itbm, trailer select, trailer type, and trailer name are all set to yes. This is on a 2019 bighorn level 2 group. No nav. Maybe I’m just not waiting long enough?

I have this exact same truck. Mine showed up immediately upon restarting the truck after programming, and each and every change I make with Alpha is applied immediately. I think with a non-nav you don't have to wait like with those "connected" higher model systems.

Are you sure you did your programming with ignition in RUN?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
I have this exact same truck. Mine showed up immediately upon restarting the truck after programming, and each and every change I make with Alpha is applied immediately. I think with a non-nav you don't have to wait like with those "connected" higher model systems.

Are you sure you did your programming with ignition in RUN?

Yes I made sure it was in run when changes were made. Does yours have the trailer controls in the evic? I’m assuming there should be something there....

Konrad

Reaction score
Yes I made sure it was in run when changes were made. Does yours have the trailer controls in the evic? I’m assuming there should be something there....

Yes. It has its own separate screen in the evic where it shows real time trailer brake percentage, gain setting and trailer brake type. It's called "Trailer Tow" if I'm not mistaken. I can navigate to it like to any other screen (vehicle info, trip info, mpg etc.). Also, when I touch the manual brake control slider or gain control buttons, the evic switches to the Trailer Tow screen temporarily.

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
Yes. It has its own separate screen in the evic where it shows real time trailer brake percentage, gain setting and trailer brake type. It's called "Trailer Tow" if I'm not mistaken. I can navigate to it like to any other screen (vehicle info, trip info, mpg etc.). Also, when I touch the manual brake control slider or gain control buttons, the evic switches to the Trailer Tow screen temporarily.

Ok yeah mine doesn’t have that. I’ve gone through all the screens multiple times. Something must be working as the - + symbols are lit up on the physical buttons and it shows up on the setting menu of the Uconnect. There just isn’t anything on the evic menu..... I’ve checked the battery tab that shows all the settings in alphaobd and it shows that all three trailer things are set to yes and the itbm one is enabled. I’m lost at this point. Maybe I should try to disable it all and start again?

Users who are viewing this thread