5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Konrad

Reaction score
Ok yeah mine doesn’t have that. I’ve gone through all the screens multiple times. Something must be working as the - + symbols are lit up on the physical buttons and it shows up on the setting menu of the Uconnect. There just isn’t anything on the evic menu..... I’ve checked the battery tab that shows all the settings in alphaobd and it shows that all three trailer things are set to yes and the itbm one is enabled. I’m lost at this point. Maybe I should try to disable it all and start again?

I'd start by disabling and enabling again the "P/T Chassis Net-ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module" option. The three CustSetMenu trailer-related settings shouldn't really matter, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them too.

Also, I read somewhere on the forum that one of the infotainment or center stack connectors is identical to the one on the brake controller and some people managed to plug in the wrong plug. I guess the radio /Uconnect wouldn't work if that was the case, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it takes to add passive entry? l so want to add that, can alphaobd make that work if l add all the hardware to the truck?

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
I'd start by disabling and enabling again the "P/T Chassis Net-ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module" option. The three CustSetMenu trailer-related settings shouldn't really matter, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them too.

Also, I read somewhere on the forum that one of the infotainment or center stack connectors is identical to the one on the brake controller and some people managed to plug in the wrong plug. I guess the radio /Uconnect wouldn't work if that was the case, though.

Ok this may be a stupid question. Do you need a trailer hooked up to access the trailer menu in the evic?

Konrad

Reaction score
Ok this may be a stupid question. Do you need a trailer hooked up to access the trailer menu in the evic?
Nope. It works without the trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
Nope. It works without the trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ok just making sure. Disabled all the settings and then confirmed that the settings disappeared from uconnect. Then re enabled everything with same results. Even tried unhooking the battery to make sure it’s power cycled. I have been trying other settings as well such as cabin net-Ttm trailer tow module, cabin net-Tbm, veh config 7- tsbm module present, cbc features- trailer tow present. Would you be able to confirm what is enabled on yours? I don’t want to start messing with too much and screw it all up.

Konrad

Reaction score
Ok just making sure. Disabled all the settings and then confirmed that the settings disappeared from uconnect. Then re enabled everything with same results. Even tried unhooking the battery to make sure it’s power cycled. I have been trying other settings as well such as cabin net-Ttm trailer tow module, cabin net-Tbm, veh config 7- tsbm module present, cbc features- trailer tow present. Would you be able to confirm what is enabled on yours? I don’t want to start messing with too much and screw it all up.

Ok, now I'm totally confused. Just went to the truck to check the settings for you and... AlfaOBD shows all four settings (P/T ITBM plus three CustSetMenu values) as... disabled! The damn thing works perfectly though, I actually did about 100 miles today with my travel trailer.

One thing I noticed though - Alfa now recognizes my Body Computer as "MY2019 PowerNet". I think there's been some update recently, as I remember very well that I programmed it back in Dec '19 using "MY2013-17 PowerNet". The 2019 just wasn't available back then.

I've tried today to force it to use MY2013-17, but it automatically switches to the newer MY2019. Maybe that's what makes a difference / causes trouble?

Anyway, now I'm kind of scared to change any trailer brake related settings - don't wanna lose it!

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
Ok, now I'm totally confused. Just went to the truck to check the settings for you and... AlfaOBD shows all four settings (P/T ITBM plus three CustSetMenu values) as... disabled! The damn thing works perfectly though, I actually did about 100 miles today with my travel trailer.

One thing I noticed though - Alfa now recognizes my Body Computer as "MY2019 PowerNet". I think there's been some update recently, as I remember very well that I programmed it back in Dec '19 using "MY2013-17 PowerNet". The 2019 just wasn't available back then.

I've tried today to force it to use MY2013-17, but it automatically switches to the newer MY2019. Maybe that's what makes a difference / causes trouble?

Anyway, now I'm kind of scared to change any trailer brake related settings - don't wanna lose it!

That’s odd. Mine always connects to my2019 even if I select the older modules as well. I’m at a loss. Starting to regret spending all the money for the reader, program, and bypass when I coulda probably just paid the dealer to flash it at this point. I do have a friend that works as a tech for ram and he is asking around for me as well. So far I haven’t had any luck

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
Well it seems that I am not the only one having trouble. It seems to possibly be an issue with the new version of alphaobd. That now includes 2019 and 2020 bcms.

Konrad

Reaction score
@Teamlacalle, turns out the newest AlfaOBD is the culprit. Here's from another thread:

We've been discussing this the last couple of days in the ITBC install thread pinned at the top of the Towing section.
See that discussion HERE
Our conversation revolves around the newer software updates for the PC version of AlfaOBD. When I installed mine back in Feb. the software would force select "MY2016-17 PowerNet" and everything works fine.

HOWEVER, the newer update v2.1.8.0 will now force select "MY2019 PowerNet Var.3" resulting in the same problem you have going on. AlfaOBD has been contacted and we are hoping they will make a fix and release an update OR allow downloads of the version we were all on in Feb.

If you are using the Andriod app I have nothing for you (I don't know diddily about that).

Apexbasher

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it takes to add passive entry? l so want to add that, can alphaobd make that work if l add all the hardware to the truck?
The short answer is No, AlfaOBD is not capable of doing this since it cannot access the RFhub due to a rolling code. There is a great thread on the subject with discussion on how we are trying to get this to work as a Vehicle Configuration Restore at a dealer.
Click here to follow

FM45

Reaction score
@Konrad... I have Alfa 2.1.6.0 for pc if you want to try an older version... pm for link

-=FM45=-

Konrad

Reaction score
@Konrad... I have Alfa 2.1.6.0 for pc if you want to try an older version... pm for link

-=FM45=-

I greatly appreciate the offer, sir, but my trailer brake controller is working well, even though the updated AlfaOBD reads it as disabled / inactive. I successfully activated it back in Nov last year using "MY2013-17" version. I believe the original poster @Teamlacalle could give it a try, as it was him who had trouble activating his newly installed ITBM.

Thanks again!

FM45

Reaction score
Gotcha-- my mistake... the offer stands for ANY member needing an older version for testing... pm away\

-=FM45=-

FM45

Reaction score
I Believe 2.1.6.0 was last version that didn't officially support DT and above...

-=FM45=-

Apexbasher

Reaction score
I Believe 2.1.6.0 was last version that didn't officially support DT and above...

-=FM45=-
Nope. I just went out and checked what 2.1.6.0 did. It forced "MY2019 PowerNet Var.3". I'd say we need to go back another version. Anybody have one buried in their Downloads folder?
Capture.JPG

FM45

Reaction score
Digging thru some older files that I got on 4 different servers... I have to have an older version.. Stand-by...

*** I just found 2.1.4.0 --- pm for link

-=FM45=-

Last edited:

Apexbasher

Reaction score
Digging thru some older files that I got on 4 different servers... I have to have an older version.. Stand-by...

-=FM45=-
We know v2.1.5.0 worked. I cleaned out my downloads folder a few weeks ago and no loger have it. I have contacted AlfaOBD to see if they can get me a clean copy if it and/or make it available on their site until they can figure out the issue.

FM45

Reaction score
2.1.5.0 is re-posted on the alfa site...

-=FM45=-

Users who are viewing this thread