5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Bradleys

Reaction score
Guys,
I have assembled a list of all the OEM parts needed for 360 camera. of course i maybe missing a few things

@azzx Did you ever get this working?
I would really like to buy the front camera components and install them...

Last edited:

Teamlacalle

Reaction score
Just got word back from Alexey at AlfaOBD...
View attachment 53588
So he is working on a fix and has made v2.1.5.0 available on his site for download until then.
I’m currently using the android app as I personally don’t have a windows pc. With the windows version would I need to pay again for the full version? I can borrow a laptop from my parents if need be for the time being. If i would need to buy the windows version I may just wait a bit until hopefully the app is corrected.

Apexbasher

Reaction score
I’m currently using the android app as I personally don’t have a windows pc. With the windows version would I need to pay again for the full version? I can borrow a laptop from my parents if need be for the time being. If i would need to buy the windows version I may just wait a bit until hopefully the app is corrected.
I don't know the answer to that. Maybe contact Alexey at AlfaOBD and see what can be done.

Bradleys

Reaction score

he knows that the issue exists - I would guess it will not be too long before he releases an update to address the problem.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to defeat the speed limiter on a 2020 CTD truck?

I've tried setting the BCM to 200 KPH, 255 KPH, etc. and it falls on its face and limits at 101-ish no matter what. I recall 255 KPH set a CEL. I just saw a post showing @248KPH but I haven't tried that.

I haven't been able to do anything with the ECU settings as AlphOBD complains it doesn't have my ISO, and then setting changes don't work.

FWIW, I was able to enable Trailer TPMS in the EVIC and 12" Uconnect, and we've finally (on another forum) identified all the parts needed to add this to 2019/2020 trucks that have a supported body harness.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you get a discount, email them.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to defeat the speed limiter on a 2020 CTD truck?

I've tried setting the BCM to 200 KPH, 255 KPH, etc. and it falls on its face and limits at 101-ish no matter what. I recall 255 KPH set a CEL. I just saw a post showing @248KPH but I haven't tried that.

I haven't been able to do anything with the ECU settings as AlphOBD complains it doesn't have my ISO, and then setting changes don't work.

FWIW, I was able to enable Trailer TPMS in the EVIC and 12" Uconnect, and we've finally (on another forum) identified all the parts needed to add this to 2019/2020 trucks that have a supported body harness.
you need an unlocked pcm.

patelraj1225

Reaction score
Has anyone here used Alpha OBD to remove the air suspension sales codes on a 5th gen? I recently removed the air suspension on my rebel, but I cannot find any info on how to remove the sales codes on the 5th gen. If someone with Alpha OBD, can confirm that ability to delete the air suspension sales code, that would be greatly appreciated!

Rhombus

Reaction score
Interesting thing. I put my Cooper ATP 275/60/R20’s on Tuesday, and promptly put 800+miles on them . According to Waze, at 75 I was actually doing 78. Today I set them circumference to 2631, which is the best info I could find. Now when I’m doing 75, Waze says I’m doing 72. I followed all the steps and did the resets and cleared error codes. Anyone think of something I missed? Thanks

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting thing. I put my Cooper ATP 275/60/R20’s on Tuesday, and promptly put 800+miles on them . According to Waze, at 75 I was actually doing 78. Today I set them circumference to 2631, which is the best info I could find. Now when I’m doing 75, Waze says I’m doing 72. I followed all the steps and did the resets and cleared error codes. Anyone think of something I missed? Thanks
try different sizes till you get it right. air pressure and wear both change it as well.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Aseras. Good point. Once you’ve set it it’s a quick and easy process. I’ll play with some options

Rhombus

Reaction score
try different sizes till you get it right. air pressure and wear both change it as well.
So I dropped the mm from 2631 to 2595, and it’s within 1MPH of Waze. May drop it another 5mm but your input was right on. Thanks.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been trying to enable the park entry mode for the air suspension. I've got the selection on the screen but I cant toggle it. Any ideas?

FM45

Reaction score
Alpha updated -- 2.1.9.0 pc & 2.1.7.9 droid

-=FM45=-

Last edited:

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Was told that an aftermarket head unit would make the truck inoperable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have the 12" display? My 2018 ram had the 8" uconnect which I replaced with a pioneer nav unit with no problem and everything functioned perfectly.

WorkingDad

Reaction score
Do you have the 12" display? My 2018 ram had the 8" uconnect which I replaced with a pioneer nav unit with no problem and everything functioned perfectly.

Just the little 5” uConnect. Good to hear! Just got the truck this week, I’m going to pull the unit out this weekend. I have a Kenwood with wireless CarPlay from my ‘15 Ram. Really liked the wire free in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread