5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Can just change back whatever you changed. Likely did something other than tire size.
Unfortunately not. Somehow my battery charging system got messed up. Not sure if it's related or not. However, I was able to jump the truck and start it but it was only reading 11.9V while driving. I put a new battery in as I was still on my original OEM one from 5+ years ago but no change. At the dealer now and they are going to try a full flash of the truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Somehow my battery charging system got messed up. Not sure if it's related or not. However, I was able to jump the truck and start it but it was only reading 11.9V while driving. I put a new battery in as I was still on my original OEM one from 5+ years ago but no change. At the dealer now and they are going to try a full flash of the truck.
Probably could ha e held off on the dealer visit. @Jimmy07 might have been able to help you out and saved you some money

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Probably could ha e held off on the dealer visit. @Jimmy07 might have been able to help you out and saved you some money
That would have been great! However I didn't have the luxury of waiting. Turns out if I would have kept driving I would have completely drained the 48V battery cells and they would of had to have been replaced.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That would have been great! However I didn't have the luxury of waiting. Turns out if I would have kept driving I would have completely drained the 48V battery cells and they would of had to have been replaced.
Glad you got it fixed, but that smells like smoke. That's not how a lithium battery works lol. Also it's covered by the 8 year 80k mile warranty if you are under that.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed, but that smells like smoke. That's not how a lithium battery works lol. Also it's covered by the 8 year 80k mile warranty if you are under that.
I have the lifetime warranty on it so all good there. I was worried they would claim I did something and not honor the warranty. But if you do completely discharge a lithium battery it actually can be irreversibly damaged. That's different than the 0% a phone or computer shows as they limit the discharge. Either way, I have learned a couple things and need to learn a couple more. 116 pages of thread to read!

N7GZN

Reaction score
That's exactly what I have, you unplug two connectors from the bottom of the security gateway module and plug them into the matching plug on the 8+12 cable. Then plug in the dongle.
Note: you can connect with dongle in acc. but you will not be able to read anything unless the ignition is in run..

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's exactly what I have, you unplug two connectors from the bottom of the security gateway module and plug them into the matching plug on the 8+12 cable. Then plug in the dongle.
Note: you can connect with dongle in acc. but you will not be able to read anything unless the ignition is in run..

I've made a few changes with AlfaOBD with the ignition off.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
How do I setup amber drls for my 19 limited? I have the bypass and Bluetooth dongle and tablet.

Step by step so I don’t mess it up how can this be done?
I have a step by step for jscan but not alpha. Did you ever get it done? I like the look of it with the signature lighting

GorillaHemi

Reaction score
So I have everything, gonna mess with the settings today.

Does anyone know if the tire settings still screw with the park sensors if they're set above 35"?

GorillaHemi

Reaction score
I've been skimming through all 116 pages of the thread, and I haven't seen these questions yet.

My truck is a Canada truck (always on DRL's). If I switch it over to the US specs, will I be able to turn all the lights off if I'm parked (I guess like the blackout option on the TazerDT)? I do security jobs where I have to sit in my truck overnight, and having the lights/fogs on all night is a pain when I'm trying to not be noticed.

Also, is there a setting to have the interior ambient lights on with the gauges at full brightness? I love the way it looks, but unfortunately it seems it's one or the other.

I still have to set my new tire size. I've been hearing different answers about the parking sensors being disabled above a certain threshold. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and find out. Thanks for any help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been skimming through all 116 pages of the thread, and I haven't seen these questions yet.

My truck is a Canada truck (always on DRL's). If I switch it over to the US specs, will I be able to turn all the lights off if I'm parked (I guess like the blackout option on the TazerDT)? I do security jobs where I have to sit in my truck overnight, and having the lights/fogs on all night is a pain when I'm trying to not be noticed.

Also, is there a setting to have the interior ambient lights on with the gauges at full brightness? I love the way it looks, but unfortunately it seems it's one or the other.

I still have to set my new tire size. I've been hearing different answers about the parking sensors being disabled above a certain threshold. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and find out. Thanks for any help!
Only way to kill all the lights is with TazerDT,
But will need alfaObd to switch DRL to US

Users who are viewing this thread