5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry, I received no notifications or responses.

To answer a little better, I can turn the knob to off and the headlights still stay on. I can turn off DRL and the headlights still stay on.
I should have stated, however, that it is actually dark out. When we launch the boat for my sons' tournaments it's usually 6am or so.

I really only want them off for the brief time of backing down the ramp as it really kills others on the ramp to be able to see.

Thanks
Whats the Vin of the truck?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had that happen on my 2008 Big Horn. It turned out that the plug to the light switch was not in all the way.
So the Truck's BCM defaulted to the lights being on.

Malodave

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, sorry, I received no notifications or responses.

To answer a little better, I can turn the knob to off and the headlights still stay on. I can turn off DRL and the headlights still stay on.
I should have stated, however, that it is actually dark out. When we launch the boat for my sons' tournaments it's usually 6am or so.

I really only want them off for the brief time of backing down the ramp as it really kills others on the ramp to be able to see.

Thanks
I would be talking to the dealer, because that is definitely not correct.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't read through 108 pages of posts, so sorry if this information is posted somewhere in this thread. But I did attempt to use the "search" function and came up empty.

Is there a setting I can change through AlphOBD that will make at least one of my front USB ports "charge only"? I'm tired of having Android Auto automatically try and activate when someone plugs a phone in.
I don’t use Android Auto, but I use Apple Car Play and had the same problem.

I used the Device Manager on the screen to make my wife’s phone charge only. I then setup a profile for her and made my phone charge only. A few steps…but once setup it’s easy to switch between profiles. I assume you could do this for every phone/user in your household.

This may not help for others that plug in, but it helped me for those in my truck the most.

Attachments

• IMG_4671.jpeg
    IMG_4671.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Hi all, curious if it’s possible to add parking sensors & auto lock/unlock door handles to my 2022 Rebel? I checked with the dealer & he referred me to the parts dept, who kinda gave me the “WTH?” look. He then said he’d check for the parts. Never heard back from them. 😂 Just wondering if it’s even possible. TIA.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi all, curious if it’s possible to add parking sensors & auto lock/unlock door handles to my 2022 Rebel? I checked with the dealer & he referred me to the parts dept, who kinda gave me the “WTH?” look. He then said he’d check for the parts. Never heard back from them. Just wondering if it’s even possible. TIA.
Not sure about ParkSense. I'm sure you can, just not sure how easy it is. If it came as an option, it can be added. There is no such thing as auto lock/unlock. But you can add passive entry. There is a how to in the modification section of this forum.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi all, curious if it’s possible to add parking sensors & auto lock/unlock door handles to my 2022 Rebel? I checked with the dealer & he referred me to the parts dept, who kinda gave me the “WTH?” look. He then said he’d check for the parts. Never heard back from them. 😂 Just wondering if it’s even possible. TIA.

Not sure about ParkSense. I'm sure you can, just not sure how easy it is. If it came as an option, it can be added. There is no such thing as auto lock/unlock. But you can add passive entry. There is a how to in the modification section of this forum.
Also to be clear there is no auto lock feature, just unlock.
You need to hit the button the handle to lock it after waiting a few seconds after shutting the door.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Also to be clear there is no auto lock feature, just unlock.
You need to hit the button the handle to lock it after waiting a few seconds after shutting the door.
Yeah, I said that with there is no such thing as auto lock/unlock. Auto lock/unlock means you don't touch anything.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
See this thread regarding parking sensors. Seems pretty straightforward. Kind of pricey option tho when added as not part of a package. Over $1k parts in my case.

Thread 'Adding front and rear parking sensors?'
Adding front and rear parking sensors?

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Thank you bud, will look into it.

N7GZN

Reaction score
Found a few interesting BCM changes listed on the Ram HD website:

VehConfig3/
Window Express Feature Configuration
(Window automatic roll down from door switches)
(Default) Front windows express only,
or Drivers door express only,
or All windows express,
or No windows express

LIN and Misc/
Panic Enabled
(Enables or disables fobik panic button)
(Default) Yes,
or No

P/T Chassis Net/
ANC Active Noise Cancellation
(Default) Enabled,
or Disabled

I'll verify tomorrow if the changes took.
I printed out the text file of the BCM configuration, this made wading through 20 pages of settings a breeze, I am using the WINDOWS version of AlfaOBD.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

VehConfig3/
or All windows express,
or No windows express

LIN and Misc/
Panic Enabled
(Default) Yes,
or No

P/T Chassis Net/
(Default) Enabled,
or Disabled

I printed out the text file of the BCM configuration, this made wading through 20 pages of settings a breeze, I am using the WINDOWS version of AlfaOBD.
It's well known the global window up/down does not work in the 5th gens. The HD Rams are still 4th gens. Panic probably works sinces it's an option on the TazerDT

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's well known the global window up/down does not work in the 5th gens. The HD Rams are still 4th gens. Panic probably works sinces it's an option on the TazerDT

Window Express settings from door switch are not the same as Global Down (remote).

I believe someone has also used the panic disable on an HD with success.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

VehConfig3/
or All windows express,
or No windows express

LIN and Misc/
Panic Enabled
(Default) Yes,
or No

P/T Chassis Net/
(Default) Enabled,
or Disabled

Windows express is the one touch windows up/down feature. It won’t work for the rear doors because the switches aren’t capable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Window Express settings from door switch are not the same as Global Down (remote).

I believe someone has also used the panic disable on an HD with success.
Ahh, okay. As Jimmy said though, you need the correct switches for it to work for what it is.

And since TazerDT has panic disable as an option, it should work for alfaObd as well.

N7GZN

Reaction score
This morning I checked the windows express down function and it is still functional. Possibly a hardware function in the switch itself, like the mid to late 90s gm.
Foglight dropout is disabled so I know Alfa is working ok.
I'm going to do a sound level check with the ANC OFF and ON to see if this parameter does anything.

N7GZN

Reaction score
The fobik panic disable works, no more false alarms.
I measured the sound level in the cab with the ANC disabled and enabled, I'm not sure this parameter does anything as the readings were about the same, 83dba.
Also attempted to read the RFhub PIN; it connected ok, but faulted on read with the vehicle ON, ACC, and OFF, no joy.
Sounds like a trip to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online