5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Without going into explaining all the reasons why, yes.

A new healthy engine is likely to endure stressful conditions then an older worn engine outside of warranty.
These trucks are made to last 60k miles, nothing more. Ram doesn't want you driving the same Hemi for 200k miles without it breaking unfortunately. Infinite growth...
60k? Really? Guess all those that are over 200k miles just got lucky. This forum would be full of posts from 60k truck owners from engines blowing up over 60k. Yet, there isn't.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Without going into explaining all the reasons why, yes.

A new healthy engine is likely to endure stressful conditions then an older worn engine outside of warranty.
These trucks are made to last 60k miles, nothing more. Ram doesn't want you driving the same Hemi for 200k miles without it breaking unfortunately. Infinite growth...
They aren't going to allow the truck to overheat. Can you imagine the amount of warranty repairs they would have to do if the grill shutters wouldn't open when engine is getting close to overheating? I think it has been mentioned in other threads they they do indeed open back up if the engine gets to a certain temperature.

Maybe @Jimmy07 has that info.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
60k? Really? Guess all those that are over 200k miles just got lucky. This forum would be full of posts from 60k truck owners from engines blowing up over 60k. Yet, there isn't.
Can you imagine how bad the sales would be if they never last more than 60k miles? Nobody would ever buy a truck that is known to fail after X number of miles.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Typical engine warranty length is what the tuck is made to run for.
This forum in particular has more engines blowing up under 60k then over so far, but it's also a 5th gen forums which only go back to 2019.

vincentw56

Reaction score
This forum in particular has more engines blowing up under 60k then over so far, but it's also a 5th gen forums which only go back to 2019.
I'd like to see your proof. You must have a good source for these facts. You are basing all your facts on the warranty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say I've seen a whole lot of posts about engines "blowing up". Especially compared to the number of members.

Code2medic

Reaction score
Well color me bad I must have a rare breed cause I just turned 100k today. Running like it did with 3 miles one it

rwo978

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't read through 108 pages of posts, so sorry if this information is posted somewhere in this thread. But I did attempt to use the "search" function and came up empty.

Is there a setting I can change through AlphOBD that will make at least one of my front USB ports "charge only"? I'm tired of having Android Auto automatically try and activate when someone plugs a phone in.
Or turn off the wireless CarPlay in the Uconnect 5. Hate it and it's so glitchy. I'll plug it in old style, works fine. But the wireless interferes with my drivecam, which can only be connected to one wifi device. And so it then doesn't connect to either.

JoshFink

Reaction score
Hi, this is a huge thread and my searches did not turn up anything but I could have missed it.

I'm looking to see if there is a way to turn off the front headlights, just the front headlights, sometimes.

I have a boat and when backing the boat down the ramp I would really like to turn the front headlights off so I'm not blinding people. So far, the only way I know to do this is to put on the parking break and I , obviously, cannot down that while I'm backing up.

Thanks for the help.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Hi, this is a huge thread and my searches did not turn up anything but I could have missed it.

I'm looking to see if there is a way to turn off the front headlights, just the front headlights, sometimes.

I have a boat and when backing the boat down the ramp I would really like to turn the front headlights off so I'm not blinding people. So far, the only way I know to do this is to put on the parking break and I , obviously, cannot down that while I'm backing up.

Thanks for the help.
No.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Mine switch off with the knob. I use it every morning so I don’t shine my lights into my neighbors windows when I leave at 5am.

Are you in Canada with DRL’s? If that’s the case, one click down on the ebrake pedal usually disables the DRL’s without actually applying the brake itself.

As for AlfaOBD, I was able to go into my US model truck and turn on DRL’s so I have to imaging that it would allow you to disable it on Canadian models. It’s just not legal so you would be opening yourself to the possibility of a ticket if you got caught. I was able to enable the soft key in my radio so I can turn DRL’s on and off as I wish. That should work in your situation.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 090539.png

Ramboh

Reaction score

Thanks for the help.
Canadian ehh?? I have a 2019 Sport and i was able to change the drl location to the amber turn signal

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Thanks for the help.
Check the settings in your radio. Look for DRL and uncheck it

JoshFink

Reaction score
Hey, sorry, I received no notifications or responses.

To answer a little better, I can turn the knob to off and the headlights still stay on. I can turn off DRL and the headlights still stay on.
I should have stated, however, that it is actually dark out. When we launch the boat for my sons' tournaments it's usually 6am or so.

I really only want them off for the brief time of backing down the ramp as it really kills others on the ramp to be able to see.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread