5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

adrenaline66

Reaction score
Did you turn anything on in AlfaOBD to get the tilt in reverse option in uconnect, or was it there from the factory? Thanks
It was already in the uConnect under “Mirrors,” but like Jimmy07 mentioned, it may be only optioned on Night/Sport Editions when it comes to Bighorns.

TripleB

Reaction score
My 2020 Big Horn mirrors occasionally do not return to normal after reversing. No idea why. Maybe too hot out.

Tommy R

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been reading up on AlfaOBD and have the software, the FCS Gateway thingie from Infotainment, and an OBDLink MX+. My main goal is to correct my speedo for taller tires. I've seen a lot of write-ups say that 5th gen trucks should use "MY2013-2017 Powernet", but is that outdated info? I see "MY2019" available in AlfaOBD and since my Rebel is a 2019 I assume that's what I should choose, correct?

Regarding correcting the speedo, I found this tutorial on youtube, but it's for an older HD model. Are these all the same steps I'll need to take on my '19 5th gen? Sure seems like a lot of 'em!

Thanks in advance!
Tommy

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-23 140712.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-23 140712.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 52

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been reading up on AlfaOBD and have the software, the FCS Gateway thingie from Infotainment, and an OBDLink MX+. My main goal is to correct my speedo for taller tires. I've seen a lot of write-ups say that 5th gen trucks should use "MY2013-2017 Powernet", but is that outdated info? I see "MY2019" available in AlfaOBD and since my Rebel is a 2019 I assume that's what I should choose, correct?

Regarding correcting the speedo, I found this tutorial on youtube, but it's for an older HD model. Are these all the same steps I'll need to take on my '19 5th gen? Sure seems like a lot of 'em!

Thanks in advance!
Tommy
It will automatically switch to the correct one. It is usually the latest one.

Jonandyork

Reaction score
Did this today myself. Used the 2019 power net and all went perfect. make sure you do the ABS and clear codes before starting. Speedo now at 60 and GPS speed 61.

lilzoob

Reaction score
First time poster. I've read through this thread several times and can not get my bed lights to turn on. I was able to set my speedo and tailgate ajar and fog light drop out. I have a 2021 RAM 1500 bighorn level 2 night edition. I have been connecting to the 2021 PowerNet.
I Enabled the bed light present -P6 and Bed light switch input present - G16
Also I found in the 2014 CBC Config I/O truck bed light feature Pin A5
Any help would be great.

Jonandyork

Reaction score
First time poster. I've read through this thread several times and can not get my bed lights to turn on. I was able to set my speedo and tailgate ajar and fog light drop out. I have a 2021 RAM 1500 bighorn level 2 night edition. I have been connecting to the 2021 PowerNet.
I Enabled the bed light present -P6 and Bed light switch input present - G16
Also I found in the 2014 CBC Config I/O truck bed light feature Pin A5
Any help would be great.
Did you install the kit yourself? there have been post that the instructions with the bed lighting kit had the wrong pin marked in the instructions.

lilzoob

Reaction score
Did you install the kit yourself? there have been post that the instructions with the bed lighting kit had the wrong pin marked in the instructions.
Yes I did. I switched the pins and still nothing.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted in this thread or not - is there any way to turn off the "in drive, moving forward" trigger to the cargo/bed lights? I need to use them while moving occasionally.

Tommy R

Reaction score
I selected the 2019 Power Net and it bumped me up to version 3, though there was a version 4 available. However, I had no error codes to clear and it was actually very straightforward. I tweaked my tire's circumference and now my speedo is just about perfect. I'll monitor it for a couple days and make tweaks again, if needed.

shbates1969

Reaction score
If I was to order the infotainment security bypass module would I still need to use my OBD Mx+ in order to use the Alfa OBD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrenaline66

Reaction score
Thank you very much. That is what I’ve been missing.

Just so you know, the Security ByPass is just so you can make changes to the vehicle’s computer; the OBD is what actually communicates between the AlphaOBD and the vehicle. The OBD will also allow you to read the vehicle’s computer and very often, clear error codes.

Knight.

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn Night Edition, looking to see about getting this Alphaobd and bypass thingy for my truck. Would love to turn on the auto mirror fold in feature when i turn the truck off. Also will come in handy for future mods i'm sure.

I don't have any android products or a windows laptop. And i use an iPhone. From everyone's experience, will a cheap ebay android or windows tablet be the way to go?? Also, does it need to have any specific memory size etc?

Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn Night Edition, looking to see about getting this Alphaobd and bypass thingy for my truck. Would love to turn on the auto mirror fold in feature when i turn the truck off. Also will come in handy for future mods i'm sure.

I don't have any android products or a windows laptop. And i use an iPhone. From everyone's experience, will a cheap ebay android or windows tablet be the way to go?? Also, does it need to have any specific memory size etc?

Thanks
There is no auto fold on the mirrors. You can enable it, but it does nothing. The module isn't there. The only thing that can do it is the Tazer DT.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the module isn't there then how does the Tazer do it???
It’s not actually a module that’s missing, it’s that the BCM isn’t capable of auto folding mirrors in the factory form like the grand Cherokee. The tazer is doing it live by sending a message to the door modules whe the truck is shut off. Just a side note- the power fold switch is always hot, even when the truck is off, and it is inches away from your index finger when opening the door after you shut the truck off.

adrenaline66

Reaction score

Thanks

Yes, an inexpensive android tablet will work. I was in the same boat and bought a 7” Android at Walmart; no issues with the AlphaOBD. That said, I’ve noticed people talk about TazerDT and it’s benefits/detriments as well as same for the AlphaOBD. I went w/AlphaOBD because I believe it can do more overall and if you end up w/the OBDLink MX+, it has its own additional app that allows you to use the Android as a OBD Reader/Code Clearer for all modern vehicles. Just food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread