5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

nekit

Reaction score
Not sure if that is correct: I have a 21 BigHorn Level 2 that has power folding mirrors, but not "Memory" and the Tilt in Reverse works on my mirrors.
I also have a 21 Bighorn Level 2 and couldn’t get it to work. Can you tell me the settings you used to get it to work? Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also have a 21 Bighorn Level 2 and couldn’t get it to work. Can you tell me the settings you used to get it to work? Thanks
If you have the correct mirrors, there will be a setting under mirrors for it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you have it from the factory or did you enable it with AlfaOBD?
For the tilt in reverse feature to function, you MUST have memory mirrors. Bottom line. Check the build sheet for your VIN, if you have them, it will be listed under optional equipment section. For the Big Horns- level 2 equipment package will not get you memory mirrors, but based on the build and price, night edition, north edition, or sport package looks like they include memory mirrors.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you have it from the factory or did you enable it with AlfaOBD?
I have the night edition. So what Jimmy07 said is why. I don't have it enabled because I find it useless for me. If I could adjust them in tilt mode and it would remember if, then they would work. But for me, they tilt to far down.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

nekit

Reaction score
For the tilt in reverse feature to function, you MUST have memory mirrors. Bottom line. Check the build sheet for your VIN, if you have them, it will be listed under optional equipment section. For the Big Horns- level 2 equipment package will not get you memory mirrors, but based on the build and price, night edition, north edition, or sport package looks like they include memory mirrors.
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Mikejones11

Reaction score
Can any one tell me the stock settings in alpha obd for the tpms. I tried to disable mine do to a sensor. Now I can read all sensors and have a tire light and no warnings.

sheepdogtrail

Reaction score
If you manually enter the size, it’s looking for the circumference in centimeters. If you get errors with the ABS afterwards, you’ll need to run the ABS initialization procedure.

Millimeters (mm) -work better for me

Last edited:

sheepdogtrail

Reaction score
yes if you have the hardware, l got the Stealership to install remote start.....heres the scam they said for $600 more while in there they could add factory alarm l said no! later after playing wit Alpha l saw alarm setting in there turned it on and just like that the factory alarm works
Gotta like that.

Evank33

Reaction score
Has anyone found out is you can add the trailer steering to a 2019 or 2020? If so what settings would you change and what parts would you need to do this?
TIA

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found out is you can add the trailer steering to a 2019 or 2020? If so what settings would you change and what parts would you need to do this?
TIA
The actual parts are pretty easy- it’s the switch bank with the knob, and the trailer steering module. The rear camera coax cable gets redirected to the trailer steer module, then the cable continues from the module to the radio camera input. I don’t see the settings for it in AlfaOBD yet, though, even after the update.

obrien

Reaction score
Hi my friend litter his 2019 laramie and now the rear camera parking lines are slightly off. Can that be corrected by Alpha OBD? Anyone with that problem?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AlfaOBD didn’t work for me so my blonde wife utilized white out end magic markers. Worked like a charm!

The lines never move but they sure are pretty!

TripleB

Reaction score
I have reviewed some of the AlphaOBD posts but I am uncertain how to connect to my 2020 Bighorn let alone make changes.

I down loaded AlphaOBD for Widows to my laptop

My aim is to use the AlphaOBD software to edit my BCM High Beam Light from halogen light to LED light so that I can run daylight running lights when i install a LED
But I am not really conceiving what is needed to connect the laptop to the truck using the AlphaOBD for Windows vs Android etc

1. Buy the OBDLink EX
2. Buy a SGW bypass module? Which one?
3. Remove he SGW module and connect the SGW bypass? There is more than one place to connect the SGW bipass? Where do I connect the SGW bypass?
4. Connect the OBDLink EX to the OBD 2 under the steering wheel? or some other connection?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Buy the OBDLink EX
2. Buy a SGW bypass module? Which one?
3. Remove he SGW module and connect the SGW bypass? There is more than one place to connect the SGW bipass? Where do I connect the SGW bypass?
4. Connect the OBDLink EX to the OBD 2 under the steering wheel? or some other connection?
1a. If your laptop is BT capable then there are lots of options. You want one that has an ELM327 interface. There are too many to list but I will tell you that you get what you pay for. The cheaper you go, the higher the chance of connectivity and/or transfer issues. OBDLink is definitely one of the good ones IMO. I have the OBDLink LX and it has been reliable for me for years.

1b. If your laptop is not BT capable then you will need to get an OBDII to USB cable. I have the OBDLink SX and it has been reliable for me for years.

2. There are several out there. They are listed somewhere in the previous 38 pages. I have the Infotainment one: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/alpha-obd.11389/page-37#post-453256

3. You don't remove any modules. You unplug 2 connectors from the Gateway and connect your bypass. There's only one place to do this (under the dash behind the parking brake panel) and the connectors are different sizes so you can't get it wrong when connecting to the bypass or plugging back into the Gateway: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/alpha-obd.11389/page-28#post-373229

4. The OBDII port is under the dash just to the left of the hood latch:

OBDII.jpg

Last edited:

TripleB

Reaction score
Thank you for the straight scoop.
I ordered the sx and the infotainment sgw bypas.
Eventually i will try to log into the bcm to see where i edit the hi beam from halogen to LED.

If i need assistance i will just ask if anyone else has done it. 😊

kcalvano

Reaction score
2021 ram 1500 Rebel. Hello, first post. I recently upgraded to auto climate control following the forum thread. I have everything installed but for the life of me I cannot get a connection to alpha obd. It keeps giving me this error "can error connection failed. verify that key is in mar and check wiring". Please help, my truck climate control is stuck on high heat, not so nice here in Texas summer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread