5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 ram 1500 Rebel. Hello, first post. I recently upgraded to auto climate control following the forum thread. I have everything installed but for the life of me I cannot get a connection to alpha obd. It keeps giving me this error "can error connection failed. verify that key is in mar and check wiring". Please help, my truck climate control is stuck on high heat, not so nice here in Texas summer.

What are you using, Windows or Android? Did you click the Bluetooth icon on the first screen in AlfaODB?

kcalvano

Reaction score
Thank you for the straight scoop.
I ordered the sx and the infotainment sgw bypas.
Eventually i will try to log into the bcm to see where i edit the hi beam from halogen to LED.

If i need assistance i will just ask if anyone else has done it. 😊

kcalvano

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am using Android. I have tried both my one plus 7 phone and a Samsung tablet with the same results.

kcalvano

Reaction score
Yes, I click on the Bluetooth icon and I am able to connect to the obd dongle in alpha obd

vincentw56

Reaction score
And you are selecting Ram and body computer? I'm not sure outside of that. @Jimmy07 any ideas?

kcalvano

Reaction score
Ok so strange, I tried it again after afew hours, now it mysteriously connects. Do you know the specific settings to activate the auto climate control?

Smashe

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a 2021 laramie that i retrofitted a 2021 limited front end on. I now have the bi-led adaptive steering directed headlights. Im trying to get the adaptive function to work (afls) and im having a hard time. I was able to enable it in the bcm with aphaobd, and a few hours later it popped up in my u connect settings, but it will not let me push the button to activate it. Does anyone know how to get this feature working? There has to be more than 1 thing that needs to be enabled i just do not know what it is.
Lights work perfectly otherwise. Thanks

Attachments

• 20210614_164421.jpg
    20210614_164421.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 80

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a 2021 laramie that i retrofitted a 2021 limited front end on. I now have the bi-led adaptive steering directed headlights. Im trying to get the adaptive function to work (afls) and im having a hard time. I was able to enable it in the bcm with aphaobd, and a few hours later it popped up in my u connect settings, but it will not let me push the button to activate it. Does anyone know how to get this feature working? There has to be more than 1 thing that needs to be enabled i just do not know what it is.
Lights work perfectly otherwise. Thanks
There’s a bit more to it than settings changes. There’s the adaptive front lighting system module that needs to be added (it goes by the side of the glovebox), and some wiring.

Smashe

Reaction score
There’s a bit more to it than settings changes. There’s the adaptive front lighting system module that needs to be added (it goes by the side of the glovebox), and some wiring.
Can you elaborate on this? Part numbers? How did you find this information out?

Smashe

Reaction score
Ok so I'll need this module, is it plug and play? Do you know if the truck is pre wired for this? What other wiring would i need?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-151853_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-151853_Chrome.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 62

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I'll need this module, is it plug and play? Do you know if the truck is pre wired for this? What other wiring would i need?
Some of the wires might be there to a certain point, but the wiring for the adaptive lighting module won’t be there. It’ll have to be a custom built harness, and I can build it for you, I would just need you to look at a few connectors for certain wires.

4v.dave

Reaction score
I know with forscan you can disable quite literally, every ding and bong possible on Ford vehicles. Are there known functions to do the same on our rams with AlphaOBD?

adrenaline66

Reaction score
I also have a 21 Bighorn Level 2 and couldn’t get it to work. Can you tell me the settings you used to get it to work? Thanks
In the uConnect, I went to mirrors and turned the “Tilt in Reverse” on. That said, even though it’s only happened a couple of times, there have been times where they tilted and didn’t return once I put it in drive.

adrenaline66

Reaction score
Those are memory mirrors. That feature isn't possible on certain trims
Negative my friend; I do not have memory mirrors. They are just power folding mirrors, but no memory function or memory controls. Besides, both Nekit and I have pretty much the same trim, 21 RAM BigHorn Level 2, so if mine works, one would think his should too.

Evank33

Reaction score
Negative my friend; I do not have memory mirrors. They are just power folding mirrors, but no memory function or memory controls. Besides, both Nekit and I have pretty much the same trim, 21 RAM BigHorn Level 2, so if mine works, one would think his should too.
The level two has the memory module in the mirror. The truck doesn't have the memory functions but the mirrors do.

adrenaline66

Reaction score
The level two has the memory module in the mirror. The truck doesn't have the memory functions but the mirrors do.
That explains a lot. Also, Jimmy007 mentioned that the Bighorn Level 2s don’t have memory mirrors, but the Night/Sport Editions do; mine is a Night Edition.

nekit

Reaction score
In the uConnect, I went to mirrors and turned the “Tilt in Reverse” on. That said, even though it’s only happened a couple of times, there have been times where they tilted and didn’t return once I put it in drive.
Did you turn anything on in AlfaOBD to get the tilt in reverse option in uconnect, or was it there from the factory? Thanks

vincentw56

Reaction score
Did you turn anything on in AlfaOBD to get the tilt in reverse option in uconnect, or was it there from the factory? Thanks
If you have it, it is there from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/