5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

John Jensen

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply John,

That's the path I used to attempt the backup , maybe I'm not waiting long enough? I'm not getting any messages after clicking start. Regarding the cable, It's the one recommended here in a lot of places. What would be a slam dunk easy clearly visible change I can try to test the cable? Like I said I tried all windows express down which would have been awesome but it didn't work, should it have?
Thanks!
Try what Wirerat posted (#379). That is a simple mod that seems to work for everyone on any Ram.

Edited to clarify the process
After you have connected to the Body Module follow these steps:
Select Hood Open icon> Select Procedure to Start> Car Configuration Change> Select option> CBC Features: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled> Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled> "No"

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Oh okay, see I always thought when someone changed the "DRL" to amber it was for the top and bottom frosted parts
Only if you already have those light colors.
The Trx does but everyone else the only has top or bottom as amber.
You are changing the DRL to your blinkers, so whatever you blinkers are is what gets used.

K_Hub

Reaction score
I successfully made my first changes with Alfaobd today and changed my speedometer and fog light drop out today. While I was connected, I also turned on off-road and performance pages but I can't find them anywhere in my app list. I'm running firmware version PR40.1. Is this version not compatible with the off-road and performance pages?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I successfully made my first changes with Alfaobd today and changed my speedometer and fog light drop out today. While I was connected, I also turned on off-road and performance pages but I can't find them anywhere in my app list. I'm running firmware version PR40.1. Is this version not compatible with the off-road and performance pages?

Nope. they don't work with 40.1.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, unless your truck came with them from the factory, they will not work above 39.7

K_Hub

Reaction score
Correct, unless your truck came with them from the factory, they will not work above 39.7

Thanks for the reply. Not a huge deal as I can leave the obdmx plugged in while towing and see the same data on my phone that I’d like to have in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soso

Reaction score
Try what Wirerat posted (#379). That is a simple mod that seems to work for everyone on any Ram.

Edited to clarify the process
After you have connected to the Body Module follow these steps:
Select Hood Open icon> Select Procedure to Start> Car Configuration Change> Select option> CBC Features: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled> Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled> "No"
Just wanted to report back that it worked confirming my setup works. Hopefully I can get passive entry setup once my parts come in. Thanks for your help.

SloPar80

Reaction score
For tire size changes, has anybody found the maximum size that still allows the front and rear parking sensors to work? Once the update to 35s took effect, the sensors show unavailable. I tried the remaining changes for the ABS initialization and it was grayed out for me…couldn’t start that setting change.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For tire size changes, has anybody found the maximum size that still allows the front and rear parking sensors to work? Once the update to 35s took effect, the sensors show unavailable. I tried the remaining changes for the ABS initialization and it was grayed out for me…couldn’t start that setting change.
Well, there isn't a 35" tire that actually measures a true 35". So if you set it to 35" it's not correct. I have 35x12.50R20 Radar tires. Using my TazerDT I have my tire height set to 34.6 IIRC, or whatever the closest number is to that. No issues with parking sensors.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Set the size to the closest from measuring the height of the tire. Then use a GPS app (not plugged in to the truck) on your phone to fine tune the size for the speedometer.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Center of axle hub to ground (tire loaded) x2 for height is the most accurate next to GPS. Don't have your phone connected to UConnect or you may be seeing the internal nav speed and not true phone GPS speed.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Center of axle hub to ground (tire loaded) x2 for height is the most accurate next to GPS. Don't have your phone connected to UConnect or you may be seeing the internal nav speed and not true phone GPS speed.
Your tire measurement method is quick and easy.
I found the most accurate tire size number is obtained by placing a piece of tape on the bottom side of the rim or tire and a matching tape on the ground/concrete. Then roll the tire forward or backward one full rotation so the piece of tape on the tire/rim stops in the same position as when you started. Place a piece of matching tape on the ground/concrete. Measure the distance between the two pieces of ground/concrete tapes. That gives you a very accurate tire circumference number.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your tire measurement method is quick and easy.
I found the most accurate tire size number is obtained by placing a piece of tape on the bottom side of the rim or tire and a matching tape on the ground/concrete. Then roll the tire forward or backward one full rotation so the piece of tape on the tire/rim stops in the same position as when you started. Place a piece of matching tape on the ground/concrete. Measure the distance between the two pieces of ground/concrete tapes. That gives you a very accurate tire circumference number.
John, I stand corrected as detailing the 3rd most accurate measurement. :)

Ready Go

Reaction score
I finally ordered a MX+ and Autel Bypass cable from Amazon today.

Does anyone know how to reprogram to factory set time for the Headlights, Running lights, Tailights, etc to turn off if the Ram is turned off with the Headlight Switch in the ON position (not Auto). Factory timing will turn off the lights at exactly 8 minutes..I'd like to reset it to ~2 minutes.
Thank for any help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally ordered a MX+ and Autel Bypass cable from Amazon today.

Does anyone know how to reprogram to factory set time for the Headlights, Running lights, Tailights, etc to turn off if the Ram is turned off with the Headlight Switch in the ON position (not Auto). Factory timing will turn off the lights at exactly 8 minutes..I'd like to reset it to ~2 minutes.
Thank for any help!
Why leave headlights on, or not use auto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online