5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension

ShermanOaks

Reaction score
Agree. Had a 2015 Big Horn and a 2017 Laramie with it. Now waiting to take delivery of a 2019 Laramie with AS. Will never purchase without. I spent a week over New Years in Park City UT. Temps dipped into single digits, never had an issue lowering or raising for garage access the whole week.

19 streak

Reaction score
Been running flawless in my 19 with air.... From Canada as well. Cold *** days

S

Smashy71

Get it enjoy it and use it. Worried? Buy an extended warranty. I love mine.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought a 13 Laramie with AS in July so far spent $900 on exhaust gaskets , drivers display flickers want $1200 to fix that and AS has gone down 3 times . Dealer says $930 module , undriveable ! Won’t buy AS ever again and I’m a semi truck driver that s been riding on AS for years . Other people noticed my truck rides rougher than my friends 13 and 14 with springs
You purchased a 13? If you bought a 19 it would all be warranty. Am I missing something here?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a 23014 ram Bought new with AS never had the first issues with it at any time. Bought the 2019 Laramie with AS and it never worked right since day one always goes to aero mode no matter what to include dealer giving up on it too. Waiting to get a replacement truck ordered as they are doing a buy back on mine because of it.FCA and my Dealer has been great about it,but long process so far.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Just got a '19 and its my first air suspension. Love it so far but would like some other features added which would be easy as its probably all programming in the ECM. For example, I would like the option to enable drop to exit mode every time you place it in park. The ability to drop one side more than the other or vice versa (i.e. drop rear but not front for easier loading of bed). Maybe even a full 'drop to bump stops' that can only be done in Park.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a '19 and its my first air suspension. Love it so far but would like some other features added which would be easy as its probably all programming in the ECM. For example, I would like the option to enable drop to exit mode every time you place it in park. The ability to drop one side more than the other or vice versa (i.e. drop rear but not front for easier loading of bed). Maybe even a full 'drop to bump stops' that can only be done in Park.

Entry/Exit on mine is on the rear bump stops. Driving through a parking garage you can feel everything!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was asked but not answered... does the truck go into E/E mode automatically when parked?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DB, what's printed and what actually exists are not always in sync :)

That was posted before but I guess nobody can find it in their truck. Can you? Does your truck do this?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My screen looks exactly like @NDanecker... no Auto E/E setting to be seen.
That's another email to MOPAR....
This might be one of several differences between the 12” and 8.4”. I’ll have to run out and take a look. 12” still doesn’t provide vehicle reports and a few other things.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I received the email about the survey from FCA earlier this week and this is one thing I mentioned. My wife's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has this option, and it's really nice to have it automatically lower to the entry/exit mode. It's not a big deal for me, but my wife is short, so I have to remember to hit the switch to lower it for her to get in/out more easily. This should be easy enough for them to fix with an OTA update of the software.

Users who are viewing this thread