5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Leveling Kit - Ready lift Vs. Revel Performance (Air Links / Spacer)

E.Hands

Reaction score
If they are Revel links on the rear then unscrew (making them longer) about 6 rounds equates to 1/2" According to the Revell instructions.
Hang on to the factory links. Make note of which end of the truck they came off of. Use them for a reference by holding them side by side (adjustable & factory)
Measure ride height at each corner of the truck and adjust the links accordingly.

Pro tip: Don't get to wild or you will start lose entry or OR2 mode capabilities.
Work carefully and use finesse. Wet the ball and sockets with water, windex, spit or cold beer foam so that you don't put to much pressure on the plastic pieces.
If you start banging bump stops on the regular then parts will suffer. ie: ball joints, shocks etc will die early.

Last edited:

JRD

Reaction score
If they are Revel links unscrew (making them longer) them 6 rounds equates to 1/2" According to the Revell instructions.
Hang on to the factory links. Make note of which end of the truth they came off of. Use them for a reference by hold the side by side (adjustable & factory)
Measure ride height at each corner and adjust the links accordingly.

Pro tip: Don't get to wildor you will start lose entry or OR2 capabilities.
Work carefully and use finesse. Wet the ball and sockets with water, windex, spit or cold beer foam so that you don't put to much pressure on the plastic pieces.
I just got my rear links installed (front were installed 2 weeks ago) and the truck seems to be riding lower? I measured the link itself in the front and they are 2” so maybe I’m just losing it.

Would you mind checking the distance between the center of your wheel & fender? Mine is 24”~ and I’m wondering if these are maxed out or not.

E.Hands

Reaction score
My truck is a 2 wheel drive so my nose is in the dirt.
Have you compared the length of the Revel links to the length of the factory links that came off of the front?
If you didn't write down the "before" ride height measurements then you can simply snap the factory links back on, drive around the block, park on level ground and take some base-line, before, stock ride height measurements.

Last edited:

jmill012

Reaction score
If they are Revel links unscrew (making them longer) them 6 rounds equates to 1/2" According to the Revell instructions.
Hang on to the factory links. Make note of which end of the truth they came off of. Use them for a reference by hold the side by side (adjustable & factory)
Measure ride height at each corner and adjust the links accordingly.

Pro tip: Don't get to wildor you will start lose entry or OR2 capabilities.

Thanks! I did exactly as you said and will be installing tomorrow.

I saw one set of instructions that said 3 turns was 1/4 inches and another that said it was 2 turns for 1/4 an inch.

Given I’m 1/2 nose high. I guess 6 turns will work for me either way.

jmill012

Reaction score
I am happily with the setup. Looks level. Went with 6 turns above factory on the rear. I’m now have about 1/4 inch rake. Which means it seems 2 turns is 1/4 inch since I did 6 and originally was 1/2 inch nose high. Thoughts?

Edit: sorry it’s parked on a slight incline. I can grab a better photo tomorrow but measurements show 1/4 inch rake.

Attachments

• IMG_5676.jpeg
    IMG_5676.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

JRD

Reaction score
I am happily with the setup. Looks level. Went with 6 turns above factory on the rear. I’m now have about 1/4 inch rake. Which means it seems 2 turns is 1/4 inch since I did 6 and originally was 1/2 inch nose high. Thoughts?

Edit: sorry it’s parked on a slight incline. I can grab a better photo tomorrow but measurements show 1/4 inch rake.
What is the height you measured? Curious how it compares to mine

JRD

Reaction score
Put a long bubble level on the bed rail and then across the top of the tail gate.
I just did this an my front is quite low. I had a shop install these, so I have 2 questions if you don’t care. To raise the front, am I turning clockwise or counterclockwise? Also, I’m assuming that when I am maxed out it just won’t turn anymore? I just want to make sure there’s no risk of me making them too high and damaging the airbags

jmill012

Reaction score
What is the height you measured? Curious how it compares to mine
Measured garage floor to center of fender flare/wheel well opening

Rear - 41.25 inches
Front - 40.75 inches

I’m running 285/55/22 at 40psi

Your height with 35s?

Last edited:

jmill012

Reaction score
I just did this an my front is quite low. I had a shop install these, so I have 2 questions if you don’t care. To raise the front, am I turning clockwise or counterclockwise? Also, I’m assuming that when I am maxed out it just won’t turn anymore? I just want to make sure there’s no risk of me making them too high and damaging the airbags

To raise the front you make the links shorter. They should be 2.5 inches long from opening (where they attach to the arm on the sensor) to opening.

Rear I took out the rear link. Made the revel link the same size then INCREASED the size of the revel link by 6 turns.

Making the front shorter lifts the front. Making the rear longer lifts the rear.

JRD

Reaction score
To raise the front you make the links shorter. They should be 2.5 inches long from opening (where they attach to the arm on the sensor) to opening.

Rear I took out the rear link. Made the revel link the same size then INCREASED the size of the revel link by 6 turns.

Making the front shorter lifts the front. Making the rear longer lifts the rear.
Do I have to remove the link from the truck to adjust it or can I adjust it while they’re on? When I measured mine yesterday the link was right about 2”

I almost want to make out the front then just level the back with front being max height or is that a bad idea

JRD

Reaction score
having a couple issues today, but for right now I cannot get the link to close all the way. Passenger front is closed all the way to its shortest length however the driver front won’t twist more than this. Any ideas on what to do or do I just have to raise the passenger side?

Edit: added photos

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 10

jmill012

Reaction score
having a couple issues today, but for right now I cannot get the link to close all the way. Passenger front is closed all the way to its shortest length however the driver front won’t twist more than this. Any ideas on what to do or do I just have to raise the passenger side?

Edit: added photos
Closed all the way is a lot of lift in the front. Why are you adjusting them that short?

Also they aren’t fully seated on the bottom. Most likely because they are way too short.

jmill012

Reaction score
Do I have to remove the link from the truck to adjust it or can I adjust it while they’re on? When I measured mine yesterday the link was right about 2”

I almost want to make out the front then just level the back with front being max height or is that a bad idea

No just one end. Loosen the nut. Adjust. Put it back on then tighten the nut down.

JRD

Reaction score
Closed all the way is a lot of lift in the front. Why are you adjusting them that short?

Also they aren’t fully seated on the bottom. Most likely because they are way too short.
I did try to adjust both ends while moving the nut, problem is I was trying to measure via a 48” level on the bed but everything was getting out of wack.

Measuring from the center of my wheel to the fender I got the following measurements. Front Driver: 24.75”, Front Passenger 24.25”, Rear Driver 25.25” & Rear Passenger 24.75”.

Moving forward I am going to adjust all the wheels to be 24” from the center. This should give me more length on the front links, while lowering the rear a bit.

Edit: I just adjusted them all based on my last measurements. The front passenger is still pretty maxed out, I may lower it more. I’m going to go pick up lunch and remeasure them all.

Last edited:

E.Hands

Reaction score
Like I said if go too much you will run out of travel in your suspension. Which will ride rough AF and will be dangerous. Because it you are banging the bump stops at either end of your travel, then the geometry of your ball joints will cause them to fail.
When joints fail they can separate. If they separate your steering wheel will become useless.
Having the stance that you like on your truck is not worth the risk of totalling out you truck, hurting yourself or killing some poor innocent sap.
The Revell instructions that came with mine are prolly available on their website. Those instructions will tell you point blank how many turns to put on the front & rear links to achieve a level stance SAFELY.
If you are maxing out the link you are destined to fail BIGLY!

JRD

Reaction score
Like I said if go too much you will run out of travel in your suspension. Which will ride rough AF and will be dangerous. Because it you are banging the bump stops at either end of your travel, then the geometry of your ball joints will cause them to fail.
When joints fail they can separate. If they separate your steering wheel will become useless.
Having the stance that you like on your truck is not worth the risk of totalling out you truck, hurting yourself or killing some poor innocent sap.
The Revell instructions that came with mine are prolly available on their website. Those instructions will tell you point blank how many turns to put on the front & rear links to achieve a level stance SAFELY.
If you are maxing out the link you are destined to fail BIGLY!
I never got them back from the shop 😑 thank you for referencing their website I just looked it up and it said to set them to 2.5” coupler to coupler, I’m just going to remove them from the truck and set them both at 2.5” and adjust the rear from there.

jmill012

Reaction score
I never got them back from the shop 😑 thank you for referencing their website I just looked it up and it said to set them to 2.5” coupler to coupler, I’m just going to remove them from the truck and set them both at 2.5” and adjust the rear from there.
That’s what I did. Worked perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread