5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride with DAYSTAR and REVEL Links!

clazer

Reaction score
I just completed the install. Here are my notes. 5 hours from start to test drive.

Got my kit from "Airlinks" with the front and rear and the daystars. Half the price of Revel and the quality is definitely as good.

Bought the UCAs fro the 2" lift kit. Didn't do any good. Couldn't get the old ones off. I got to the point I thought I was going to break something.

Cutting the studs on the struts is the crappiest part. Due to the heat and crappy threads, it's difficult to get the new stud sleeves threaded on. I did put the old bolts on before cutting, but I was still using more torque than I was comfortable with trying to thread the new sleeves on. Got them on though.

Torquing all the bolts sucks too. I didn't have a couple of deep sockets I needed (18 mm specifically) and couldn't torque some with a wrench. I've never liked crows feet, so with some of them I just put about where I think was about right.

I couldn't break the black plastic fitting. I just unscrewed the brass fitting like in the video. I don't see what benefit there is to doing it at the plastic. It's just a plastic 90.

There was a lot more nitrogen that came out than I thought there would be. It took like 30-45 seconds to slowly bleed out when I partially cracked the fitting.

I didn't take the brake calipers off, but I probably should have. There were some times when I had more strain than I wanted on the brake line.

For some reason my truck sits about 1/4" higher on the passenger side. It was that way before I did the level. I have to see if I can fix that. With everything set up just like it was in the box, have about 3/4" rake and that's exactly what I wanted.

Drove fine after I was done.
Great rundown- didn’t know that Airlinks was making them now as well. Thanks!

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Update on my truck. Have been annoyed with what I'll call squared off small bumps and the jarring impact feel on the front end. I suspected it was sway bar angle and also my end links were making a tiny bit of noise. I installed the Suspension Max links and I should have done it sooner. Noticeable improvement in removing that jarring chattering feeling and the sway bar link clunk is gone.

I also installed the non air ride 5100 shocks on the back end and it settled the rear dramatically. The truck no longer kicks out at speed in corners on those stiff bumps. Less wallowing around as well. I wish I could find a decent pair of rebel air shocks for the front as well.

bourgeois

Reaction score
Update on my truck. Have been annoyed with what I'll call squared off small bumps and the jarring impact feel on the front end. I suspected it was sway bar angle and also my end links were making a tiny bit of noise. I installed the Suspension Max links and I should have done it sooner. Noticeable improvement in removing that jarring chattering feeling and the sway bar link clunk is gone.

I also installed the non air ride 5100 shocks on the back end and it settled the rear dramatically. The truck no longer kicks out at speed in corners on those stiff bumps. Less wallowing around as well. I wish I could find a decent pair of rebel air shocks for the front as well.
Do

So it made a good difference? I haven't seen this before.

chainsaw

Reaction score
Now I need a recommendation for someone in the Tampa Bay Area to install my daystar level.
Are you still in the Tampa area? I’m in Lakeland, and haven’t a clue where to go for my level/lift to be done. My understanding is that a leveling kit will allow for fitment of 35x12.5x22, which is what I want to do on my ‘22 Limited.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you still in the Tampa area? I’m in Lakeland, and haven’t a clue where to go for my level/lift to be done. My understanding is that a leveling kit will allow for fitment of 35x12.5x22, which is what I want to do on my ‘22 Limited.
Im not in that area anymore but I did get my level installed down there. It was over in Clearwater though. Outlawed customs. They have put levels on at least 2 of air ride limiteds that I know of so they know what they are doing. No issues out of mine a few years later at this point.

jcjohn

Reaction score
Bumping this old thread after reading all the messages. One quick note, the Total Chaos Fab UCA are available, but run $905 for the kit. Yikes.

Also Revel now offers the Daystar level kit with spacers and pre-adjusted links for an extra $30. Total kit with rear links is $404. I'm going to go with this kit and keep stock UCA and report back later this summer with my review.

I replaced my stock 22" wheels with OEM 18" for additional sidewall as I live on gravel and take the truck out west hunting on two tracks and forest service roads. I'm running 275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT with overall diameter of 33.2".

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread after reading all the messages. One quick note, the Total Chaos Fab UCA are available, but run $905 for the kit. Yikes.

Also Revel now offers the Daystar level kit with spacers and pre-adjusted links for an extra $30. Total kit with rear links is $404. I'm going to go with this kit and keep stock UCA and report back later this summer with my review.

I replaced my stock 22" wheels with OEM 18" for additional sidewall as I live on gravel and take the truck out west hunting on two tracks and forest service roads. I'm running 275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT with overall diameter of 33.2".
You won’t be disappointed I originally started with the front and rear revel links but the front end was very harsh on potholes and rough terrain. Daystar spacers helped a lot!

jcjohn

Reaction score
You won’t be disappointed I originally started with the front and rear revel links but the front end was very harsh on potholes and rough terrain. Daystar spacers helped a lot!
Thank you for the feedback, and have you had any issues with the air ride strut rubbing against the UCA in OR2?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bringing an old thread alive… did you find someone in the Tampa area to install? What was the cost?
Outlawed customs in Clearwater installed mine.
I would be lying to tell you how much it was. I did get an alignment and wheels and tires mounted and balanced all at the same time of the install and I don’t remember what the total cost was but I thought it was reasonable back then.

chainsaw

Reaction score
Outlawed customs in Clearwater installed mine.
I would be lying to tell you how much it was. I did get an alignment and wheels and tires mounted and balanced all at the same time of the install and I don’t remember what the total cost was but I thought it was reasonable back then.
Thanks! I was curious, because I live in Lakeland but work near the Gandy Bridge.

chainsaw

Reaction score
Upper control arms from factory 2” lift kit:

68323530AA

68323531AA

I put on the daystar spacers and revel links last weekend, only took about an hour and a half. I plan on getting the UCA’s from the factory lift. Also, got some 295/55/r22 Ridge Grapplers put on. I really like the look now.
Are the UCAs interchangeable with all the 5th Gen trim levels? I was just on a MOPAR site, and it said that the part numbers you listed are not for the ‘22 models.

Users who are viewing this thread