5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning performance TRX VS Ram 1500 ‘ TRX Owners’

kliffy77

Reaction score
Awood05 do the 6.2 & 5.7 share the same compressor? It could be a factor! That said after clamping the hose on my 19 Rebel it became exactly as cold as my TRX!

Last edited:

macdonaldsheri

Reaction score
Plan to install a new air con into my truck. This one's been serving me for ages, but nothing lasts forever, you know. It's just impossible for me to drive without AC in my region due to its hellish heat. So now I read about different models, but there're so many of them. Idk which one to choose. Fortunately, my friend told me about air conditioning contractor. Going to consult with them. But I'm also interested to know your opinion. Maybe you can give me some advice or any of you have ever faced with such situation before? Will be really grateful for your feedback.

Last edited:

Elfehdi

Reaction score
After receiving my TRX i can confirm that AC is cooler than my 19 Rebel even the dealer confirmed 21 models have a redesigned AC system as our friend Neurobit said earlier.
Hello,
I live in kuwait as well i would like to ask if the ac preforming as expected?

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
My 2020 1500 Laramie every once in a while has a problem coolin in the hot Florida sun. My 2 week old to me 2020 TRX seems to blow much colder air.

Time will tell.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 1500 Laramie every once in a while has a problem coolin in the hot Florida sun. My 2 week old to me 2020 TRX seems to blow much colder air.

Time will tell.
Umm, there’s no such thing as a 2020 TRX. Do you have a 2021?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No need for A/C in a TRX. Your already cool😎

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, the TRX receives the exact same HVAC system as every other 5th Gen Ram. Being a TRX doesn't make it cool any better or worse than a Bighorn or Tradesman of the same year.

Users who are viewing this thread