5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air blows to the floor when defrost chosen

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does the same….but like Jaymo above - full hot she directs 90% up and 10 % floor. It’s weird but has been diagnosed as normal. Beats me.

jaymo1500

Reaction score
Mine does the same….but like Jaymo above - full hot she directs 90% up and 10 % floor. It’s weird but has been diagnosed as normal. Beats me.

Ok thats good information, so putting either temperature slider or both to full hot you still get air going to floor vents? Out of frustration one evening i cycled the zones about 50 times and out of nowhere it started directing all air to the defrost vents. My other theory was that the doors were getting stuck in the cycle to full defrost.. but i may have selected full hot during the cycling and started working before i was aware of that trait..

if anyone else could confirm they still have the issue with my solution or if it fixes the problem id like to know. I am still testing to see if its a consistent thing. I miss my 2014 eco...

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Defrost is designed to still give some heat to the floor, so when its below zero you don't freeze trying to deice your windshield. They just don't have two different settings for 90% or 100% defrost.

JCLAYTON13

Reaction score
So I have read through this thread as I have had this issue and had it repaired under warranty this past February and it fixed the issue. But the issue has now comeback after I have gone beyond my 36 month/36k miles factory warranty. I was told that the part doesn’t come with the 2 year MOPAR warranty since it was a warranty and not an out of pocket purchase. I am wondering if it is worth contacting RAM Customer Care? The cost of the part is not the issue, but the labor is. I have attached the warranty work order in hopes this will help anyone who is having the same issue and the dealership cannot find the cause.

Attachments

• IMG_3357.jpeg
    IMG_3357.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 38

ram042400

Reaction score
My '21 Ram Limited same thing, seems to sporadically blow full tilt out the windshield vent, otherwise it's splitting it at my feet, taking away alot of fan force to the windshield, but if it's not blowing hard, my windshield will start to frost/ice over along the edges especially with freezing rain/snow conditions.

krobinson23

Reaction score
Same issue here with my '23 Bighorn. If heat is turned all the way hot it'll blow just the defrost, but as soon as I go one click under hot it starts blowing on feet also. I took it in to the dealer and they said it was how it was designed and showed me another truck on the lot that worked the same way. This is very annoying when driving long distances in the winter as my feet get way too hot, but I need to keep the defroster on.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same issue here with my '23 Bighorn. If heat is turned all the way hot it'll blow just the defrost, but as soon as I go one click under hot it starts blowing on feet also. I took it in to the dealer and they said it was how it was designed and showed me another truck on the lot that worked the same way. This is very annoying when driving long distances in the winter as my feet get way too hot, but I need to keep the defroster on.
I just run on auto and rarely need defrost.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Turn down the air temperature. The air doesn't need to be hot to defog, just moving.

Users who are viewing this thread