5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air around the door seals

bhardy5005

Reaction score
I've posted about this before and if it's on another thread please let me know. My 2019 Big Horn hasn't alway been this way but now whenever I'm running the ac or heat and pulling in outside air, I hear air around the door seals. I'm not sure if it's air escaping or coming in. The pressure in my ears change as well when I shift between recirculate or fresh air so I feel like there should be a vent inside the cab that releases air once I pull in outside air to equalize the pressure. When running in "air recirculation" mode, everything is fine. I can put my fingertips against the door seals at the top and when I switch to "outside air", the doors actually push out just a little. I've had others in my truck and all four doors do the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you search the threads, I believe there is a known issue with the air recirc. I just noticed the same thing this week, except the air noise sounds like it's coming from the passenger side near the windshield.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Their is a vent inside the cab behind the back seat . Maybe something is blocking it ?

Scram1500

Reaction score
In addition to checking under the backseat, also check between the bed and cab to make sure the vents aren't blocked with leaves or something

bhardy5005

Reaction score
If you search the threads, I believe there is a known issue with the air recirc. I just noticed the same thing this week, except the air noise sounds like it's coming from the passenger side near the windshield.
Thanks for the response. I'll try to find it.

RamCares

Reaction score
We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We're available via private message.

Callie
Ram Cares

Scram1500

Reaction score
To verify the vents can open, look between the cab and bed while closing the rear door quickly (make sure all windows are up). If the vents aren't blocked you'll see and hear the vents flap open. More invasive would be to pull the rear seat and trim, then you'll have direct access.

bhardy5005

Reaction score
To verify the vents can open, look between the cab and bed while closing the rear door quickly (make sure all windows are up). If the vents aren't blocked you'll see and hear the vents flap open. More invasive would be to pull the rear seat and trim, then you'll have direct access.
I'll do that. I would think that if these vents are operating properly, I shouldn't be having the issue I'm having now.

Users who are viewing this thread