5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After nine long months, the Bed Step for the MFTG is here!!!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jester,

Thank you again. You are a wealth of knowledge on this topic. I checked my paperwork and my sticker calls out "NAW with Multi-Function tailgate", so I guess that I will need to buy mine.

I completely agree with your assessment on the Center step combined with the MFT.

-George
Same here. I ordered in Dec. 2019, took delivery Feb 2019, and my order details showed the center bed step not available w/MFTG.
$395 seems awfully steep, clearly it's a real money-mnaker for Ram.

Jester

Reaction score
I wonder if now that it’s out, they will change the bed utility group to once again include the deployable bed step. It’s not that much more than the corner one, which you get if you get the “BUG” and a regular tailgate. What’s mind boggling is that if you choose the MFTG and the BUG, the price of the BUG stays the SAME even though you are not getting the deployable bed step. :oops::rolleyes:

STR

Reaction score
Nice find. I read somewhere that AMP Research was working on a similar version...

MF2020

Reaction score
I tried to order the center bed step today and just as someone else here said... it's not available until August. Once it's available to order I will get it as long as I can keep the corner step I already have. I would like to have both so does anyone know where this thing attaches to because I'm wondering if the center step is going to use the same bolts as the corner step which may prevent me from having both at the same time.

dsmonline

Reaction score
I tried to order one yesterday from my dealer, he informed me the ordering system says not available till mid August. The system would not even let him place the order. If anyone is successful it ordering or receiving the part, let us know.

I tried to put one on order at Avondale Automotive which is the site that we (forum members) buy a lot of other OEM accessories from, he informed me the part is on backorder till late September, looks like we have a wait before we see one. I sent a message to Amp Research that were thought to be developing one to go with their other bed steps, they never responded back. Maybe I will try the direct approach by calling them later.

MeOff

Reaction score
Bought my rear bumper step from Amp Research. Matches my power step rails. About a 30 minute install. They make one for the side that mounts just behind the cab. Either side. $ 3 C Notes + change. I'm 60. Wish I had this on my old truck.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
AMP Research is probably the OEM for MOPAR.

I ordered from Athens (GA) Ram ($310 + free shipping) yesterday - got a confirmation email. When I replied enquiring lead time, was told they had to cancel my order - backordered through 9/1.

Get the feeling we are NEVER GOING TO SEE THESE. An "AB suffix" on the part number indicates multiple revisions just to get to this point.

Didn't they release these about 6 months ago, only to recall them and never replace? With many OEM's running COVID "light shifts", it may be quite awhile for these to be "in stock" enough for retail sales, taking into account "We Owes" from dealers that have promised these to truck purchasers.

RAM should really just pony up and issue these to ALL MFT BUYERS that had the expensive (and USELESS) "Bed Utility Group" on their invoice. $445 for friggin BED RAILS?

GFY RAM...

Rick

cnote

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Limited off the lot in January, did not order it. Window sticker just says MFT, does it need to say somethjng about BUG in order to get the step?

CobraKai

Reaction score
Are these basically like the corner ones but just deploy out more in the middle? If so I really need one for my limited, hate stepping up on the bumper every time..

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Are these basically like the corner ones but just deploy out more in the middle? If so I really need one for my limited, hate stepping up on the bumper every time..
MFT ones mount to the left of the trailer hitch. The corner ones are useless if you have "the barn doors open". Hopefully, it deploys far enough to the left, to still utilize the large weathertech hitch mounted step. Like having 2 steps into the bed (for us severely altitude deprived folks).

Rick

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
My truck has BUG - I have MFT and No Ramboxes , so effectively I did NOT get cargo divider or/bed-step. Basically as another poster above said $445 for utility rails ?

I have 2 Bed LED lights - on my Longhorn, not sure if they are standard - I know on limited they are. In any case $445 for bed rails and perhaps 2 LED lights ? Disturbing thing is, that in ordering they show the bed step, cargo divider etc - and then things like NAW etc.... to exclude it. Terrible and deceiving practice.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you install both corner and center steps together?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUPatrick

Reaction score
Is the MFT step a do it yourself install, no drilling etc?
I installed mine this weekend. It took less than an hour to do it by myself. No drilling was necessary. I have a 2020 Laramie and I had absolutely no issues in installing it.

MF2020

Reaction score
Can you install both corner and center steps together?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dealer said no but there is someone on the forum here who has done it and there is a photo of it. Looks good! I have the corner step installed and I have the center step too but have yet to install it. I will figure it out over the winter.

LitleFtDowey

Reaction score
Jester,

Thank you again. You are a wealth of knowledge on this topic. I checked my paperwork and my sticker calls out "NAW with Multi-Function tailgate", so I guess that I will need to buy mine.

I completely agree with your assessment on the Center step combined with the MFT.

-George
Dumb question: Where does your sticker say "NAW with MFT"? I just had this same conversation with RAM and they pointed me to the online build and price page which obviously is different today than it was in 2019. I might be interested in pushing this issue as my window sticker clearly says deployable bed step included as part of BUG.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/