5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After nine long months, the Bed Step for the MFTG is here!!!

Jester

Reaction score
FINALLY!!! :eek::LOL:

856E8556-6B54-4EA4-86E1-47E2CAE8B995.jpeg

On the Mopar site.

Bed Step for MFTG Tailgate Vehicles
Brand : Ram
Part Number : 82216265AB
$395.00

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! :eek::LOL:

View attachment 60005

On the Mopar site.

Bed Step for MFTG Tailgate Vehicles
Brand : Ram
Part Number : 82216265AB
$395.00
When I copy & paste that PN into the Mopar.com search bar, it comes up empty. What's the trick to finding it if it can't pull it up by PN?
Thanks.

Jester

Reaction score
If you type in “bed step” in the search bar, two bed steps come up. The corner one for the regular tailgate and the center one for the MFTG. Make sure you put 2020 Ram 1500 (all-new) for the criteria....

Last edited:

Jester

Reaction score
$400 for a bed step? :oops:
Thought I'd seen everything until now. Sheesh.
Well, mine is free because it was supposed to be on the truck when I ordered it. It wasn’t available yet, so I had to wait until now. It was a long wait... :confused:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well, mine is free because it was supposed to be on the truck when I ordered it. It wasn’t available yet so I had to wait until now. It was a long wait... :confused:
Glad to hear!

Jester

Reaction score
Now, hopefully, they’ll come out with the body side moldings in black!! :ROFLMAO:

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I don't get it - I am on the shorter side and the dip in the bumper is perfectly fine for a step.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not short (I'm 6' 2") but I'm not young. I like having an additional step between the ground and the bumper.

I was neither here nor there on it but the truck I got had one. Now that I've had it for awhile I really like it and makes my knees and back happy.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't get it - I am on the shorter side and the dip in the bumper is perfectly fine for a step.
It's less a factor of overall height, more a factor of (a) leg length, (b) age, (c) condition of knees and/or lower back. And especially if you're trying to climb back down out of the bed, and you're not a young person, the intermediate step is a lifesaver for knees & lower back - for most animals, humans included, climbing up and into something is notably easier than climbing back down or getting out. Lastly, if you're parked headed upward on a slope (like our driveway), the step makes a huge difference.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It's less a factor of overall height, more a factor of (a) leg length, (b) age, (c) condition of knees and/or lower back. And especially if you're trying to climb back down out of the bed, and you're not a young person, the intermediate step is a lifesaver for knees & lower back - for most animals, humans included, climbing up and into something is notably easier than climbing back down or getting out. Lastly, if you're parked headed upward on a slope (like our driveway), the step makes a huge difference.
Very true.

MF2020

Reaction score
If you type in “bed step” in the search bar, two bed steps come up. The corner one for the regular tailgate and the center one for the MFTG. Make sure you put 2020 Ram 1500 (all-new) for the criteria....
Ok I must be just plain stupid but I cannot find this bed step in any search I attempt to do. Got a URL that you are willing to share? I really appreciate it because I have been waiting for this item since I purchased the vehicle and am really looking forward to having this installed ASAP. Thank you!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok I must be just plain stupid but I cannot find this bed step in any search I attempt to do. Got a URL that you are willing to share? I really appreciate it because I have been waiting for this item since I purchased the vehicle and am really looking forward to having this installed ASAP. Thank you!
The URL is in post #9 above.

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Well, mine is free because it was supposed to be on the truck when I ordered it. It wasn’t available yet, so I had to wait until now. It was a long wait... :confused:
Jester,

Just curious.....

How was it supposed to be on your truck when it was not available until now??

My truck was supposed to have the corner step, but they were not included on the trucks with the Multi Function Tailgate.

Please post a photo and review when you get yours.

Cheers,

George

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was listed but was most likely an administrative error on FCA’s part. When the MFT first came out the BUG listed the step and did not say “not with MFT”.

If they say you get it, they should provide it. Their oversight is your gain.

dsmonline

Reaction score
I tried to order one yesterday from my dealer, he informed me the ordering system says not available till mid August. The system would not even let him place the order. If anyone is successful it ordering or receiving the part, let us know.

Jester

Reaction score
Jester,

Just curious.....

How was it supposed to be on your truck when it was not available until now??

My truck was supposed to have the corner step, but they were not included on the trucks with the Multi Function Tailgate.

Please post a photo and review when you get yours.

Cheers,

George
Basically, when the MFTG was advertised, the NEW step was always shown with it. (Not the corner one) I ordered the bed utility group and the MFTG, which at the time of my order, said it came with the deployable bed step. The whole purpose of the MFTG is to open the tailgate “like barn doors” to get closer to the bed. The corner step would be unusable this way, defeating the whole purpose of the MFTG. For whatever reason Ram did not have the new step ready at the time and did not have “NAW multifuction tailgate” in the bed utility group as they do now. So, they owe me the new bed step and said they’d give me one and install free of charge if/when it came out. If you purchased yours when the “NAW multifuction tailgate” had been added, you might be out of luck. (NAW = Not Available With)

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Basically, when the MFTG was advertised, the NEW step was always shown with it. (Not the corner one) I ordered the bed utility group and the MFTG, which at the time of my order, said it came with the deployable bed step. The whole purpose of the MFTG is to open the tailgate “like barn doors” to get closer to the bed. The corner step would be unusable this way, defeating the whole purpose of the MFTG. For whatever reason Ram did not have the new step ready at the time and did not have “NAW multifuction tailgate” in the bed utility group as they do now. So, they owe me the new bed step and said they’d give me one and install free of charge if/when it came out. If you purchased yours when the “NAW multifuction tailgate” had been added, you might be out of luck. (NAW = Not Available With)
Jester,

Thank you again. You are a wealth of knowledge on this topic. I checked my paperwork and my sticker calls out "NAW with Multi-Function tailgate", so I guess that I will need to buy mine.

I completely agree with your assessment on the Center step combined with the MFT.

-George

Users who are viewing this thread