5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After nine long months, the Bed Step for the MFTG is here!!!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question: Where does your sticker say "NAW with MFT"? I just had this same conversation with RAM and they pointed me to the online build and price page which obviously is different today than it was in 2019. I might be interested in pushing this issue as my window sticker clearly says deployable bed step included as part of BUG.

Thx
To push the issue you have to go through the dealership you purchased it through. They are the only ones that can resolve this issue.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Dumb question: Where does your sticker say "NAW with MFT"? I just had this same conversation with RAM and they pointed me to the online build and price page which obviously is different today than it was in 2019. I might be interested in pushing this issue as my window sticker clearly says deployable bed step included as part of BUG.

Thx
If the Monroney Sticker says it's supposed to be on there - than it IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THERE.

Due to limited availability - it might not have been in the factory at build time. Unless it was DELETED FROM THE CONFIGURATION (as well as the Monroney) - then I'd say THEY OWE YOU ONE - and I'd sweat the dealer to GET YOU ONE.

They went back and forth back then, on what the BUG actually included - on mine - it was the light & rail with tie downs - CLEARLY A RIPOFF AT THAT PRICE.

This is minor, compared to what's going on in the industry RIGHT NOW. The PanicDemic is screwing up supply lines everywhere.

There's a certain computer chipset that comes from (wait for it) C.H.I.N.A. - that NO ONE HAS. Multiple manufacturers have had to HALT PRODUCTION on certain models (and/or certain options on models). Audi, Ford some others - and GMC. Which means I can have the $82K 4WD Yukon Denali XL - as long as I don't get the TOW GROUP and the AIR SUSPENSION - two options I INSIST ON. So add-on the 12-16 week production lead time, to them "maybe" coming off constraints on the options I ordered, the 3rd week of Feb (which means the order MIGHT BE picked up - and start the 12-16 week clock ALL OVER AGAIN). By the time I see this truck, they'll be turning over the line to the '22 model year.

That $100K Jeep Wagoneer (or the rumored Durango on a 1500 platform) may end up being my purchase (but I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT the Denali)...

Rick

GeorgeA

Reaction score

Thx
If you look on the window sticker you will find a section for OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT.

One of the sub-categories will be "Bed Utility Group". The first line items if "Deployable Bed Step (NAW Multi-Function Tailgate).

So basically, they charge you $445 for "4-Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks". I would guess the true value is about $80.

This pissed me off - like everyone else. I got past my anger an bought the Center Step a month ago.

I was a little tweaked again, when I realized that I would hove to drill an additional thru-hole to properly mount the step.

The good news is that the step is VERY well built and I love it.

Good luck,

George

LitleFtDowey

Reaction score
If you look on the window sticker you will find a section for OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT.

One of the sub-categories will be "Bed Utility Group". The first line items if "Deployable Bed Step (NAW Multi-Function Tailgate).

So basically, they charge you $445 for "4-Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks". I would guess the true value is about $80.

This pissed me off - like everyone else. I got past my anger an bought the Center Step a month ago.

I was a little tweaked again, when I realized that I would hove to drill an additional thru-hole to properly mount the step.

The good news is that the step is VERY well built and I love it.

Good luck,

George
Thanks everyone. My MONRONEY clearly says 'Deployable Bed Step' as the first line in the BUG. That's the good news. The bad news for me is that i assumed someone else's lease, so i have never dealt with this dealer. Might not be worth the elevated blood pressure. But... I'll find out..

Wish me luck. Hope to be able to contribute to this forum in the future.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad ordered his '20 shortly after FCA started taking orders. He got the MFT and BUG. There was no "NAW" for the step in the BUG.
Thanks everyone. My MONRONEY clearly says 'Deployable Bed Step' as the first line in the BUG. That's the good news. The bad news for me is that i assumed someone else's lease, so i have never dealt with this dealer. Might not be worth the elevated blood pressure. But... I'll find out..

Wish me luck. Hope to be able to contribute to this forum in the future.
Never hurts to try. The answer is always "no" unless you ask. Make sure the dealer is the original seller of the truck. Whoever sold the truck the first time is the only dealership that can help you.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone kinda find it hard to get the step out from under the truck?..and actually getting back under? Tell me you tips and tricks on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread