5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After a 1,563 year generation...the next gen Tundra!

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score

The appearance is, uh, definitely an acquired taste, but it's certainly attractive on paper. Seems to be a lot of picking and choosing features from Ram, Ford, and GM.

FatedImpala

Reaction score
I don’t think I mind the looks so much, but sure as hell am not buying a truck that’s a full on redesign including the power train.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That god aweful grill literally takes away from everything.

Pros:
* Love the interior
*bigger screen looks good, it I’m not a fan on how it pokes out at the top. I can see that I can cut into the line of sight from the rear passengers looking forward
* seats looks like couches which is great
Body lines on the side and rear look ok. Not a big fan on how it bubbles out like a rapper/try
* interesting tail lights, I can go either way on those, but it’s not bad.
* great engine choice…this is where Ram needs to get that turbo v6 hybrid electric engine (But keep the hemi)

Cons
* d@mn…that front grill.

Because of that front grill, it’s going to be a no for me.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Did I read that the 2022 Tundra’s crew cab actually comes with a 6.5 bed option? Never thought I’d see the day.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I believe the stylist was inspired by a trip to the dentist.

s-l500.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know why, but I like it. That feels strange to say since I really dislike chevy’s looks, and that front seems kind of similar to chevy. I love them migrating to turbo v6 power also. Although, 25mpg estimates are probably for the hybrid- that doesn’t mean anything for the full gasser version. That could get the same mpg’s as our hemis.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We will have to see what happens when they release pictures of the lower trims.
IMO, the aggressive styling works well but the front grill is terrible. Longer bed is definitely a plus.
The screen sticking out of the top of the dash is hideous and looks like it wasn't well thought out, like they just threw it in there to match competitors. They could have dropped the center console all together and really opened the front seat up and then the screen would actually fit.
I get that some people prefer physical buttons, but da** there's a lot of buttons in there. Don't get me started on the steering wheel...is Ram the only one to do the audio controls on the back of the steering wheel?
Drive modes could be done through the screen in the dash, no need for a separate wheel for something that is rarely used many times in a day.

That blue though...that's beautiful. I have an HD and won't be stepping down any time soon, so it's an obvious no for me.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Hmm, the pics of the interior look cramped... personally hate the center console too.
still irked that Toyota Didnt get the memo about INTEGRATING a screen into the dash, every new Toyo was built like they forgot it needed a screen, like its better, but it still bothers me

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We will have to see what happens when they release pictures of the lower trims.
IMO, the aggressive styling works well but the front grill is terrible. Longer bed is definitely a plus.
The screen sticking out of the top of the dash is hideous and looks like it wasn't well thought out, like they just threw it in there to match competitors. They could have dropped the center console all together and really opened the front seat up and then the screen would actually fit.
I get that some people prefer physical buttons, but da** there's a lot of buttons in there. Don't get me started on the steering wheel...is Ram the only one to do the audio controls on the back of the steering wheel?
Drive modes could be done through the screen in the dash, no need for a separate wheel for something that is rarely used many times in a day.

That blue though...that's beautiful. I have an HD and won't be stepping down any time soon, so it's an obvious no for me.
I think painting the center of the front bumper would help the look of the grill. Just like how I dislike the chrome grill and bumper or the all black grills for the ram. The tundra needs some more body color on the front.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
unpopular opinion i guess, but i really like the styling of the TRD Pro version. i'd love to go sit in one and see how the interior feels though. it'll be hard to top the comfort/interior of the ram.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
unpopular opinion i guess, but i really like the styling of the TRD Pro version. i'd love to go sit in one and see how the interior feels though. it'll be hard to top the comfort/interior of the ram.
I can't get over the amount of red in the interior- I think they might've gone a little overboard on that red version.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
The appears of this will really change with a lift kit and some larger, more aggressive off-road tires. I'll make my final decision once I see one in person that's been given a proper stance and shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread