5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After a 1,563 year generation...the next gen Tundra!

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
I actually forfeited my deposit on one of these. I like the engine choice, but hated that I could not build one to my liking, these are still at or around MSRP, and started to hate the front the longer I looked at it.

70runner

Reaction score
I had been shopping for a new truck for about 2 years, it was down to a Ram or Tundra, then they released this junk pile of a redesign. Besides being the fugliest brick known to man, the interior is more compact, the infotainment looks like they glued an iPad on the dash, the bed is plastic like a Honda....
All that, plus all the issues that go along with a new model (turbo issues being a big one on these). Just for S&Gs, I did go through and attempt to built a similar spec Tundra to my Ram, it would have been $12000 more, and still lacking some options I got with the Back Country package.
Went down similar road. Was planning to sell a 2014 1794 (nice truck with horrible mpg), awaiting the nexgen Tundra. Then the early spy shots of the 2022 megagrille Tundra appeared, made even uglier (if that's possible) by the chrome surround option. Perhaps pre-production efforts to disguise the actual appearance? Nope, the real deal. On to Rebel with ED/26+mpg, 800 mi range with 33 tank.

pensfan

Reaction score
I saw a couple of these at the Pittsburgh Auto Show. They are just as ugly in person as in the pictures. Toyota needs some new stylists.

Users who are viewing this thread