5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After 9 months of waiting I finally get to update my signature!!!

BTK20

Reaction score
9 months ago I decided I wanted a new truck. I was always a truck guy until my mid-life crisis set in a few years ago :ROFLMAO: I had a Charger RT, then a Camaro 2ss over the last few years. They were a lot of fun, but I started to get tired of being so low to the ground and getting beat up on bumpy roads. After much researching, I decided on the new Ram. Then began the wait. After months of obsessing, researching, and configuring, I pulled the trigger and placed an order for a Limited Black Appearance Package, v6, limited slip, 2WD. A month later, I still had no VIN, and after much hell raising found out FCA would not do the build in that combination. To say I was aggravated would be an understatement. My dealer was eager to please, however and found a Limited Black Appearance package locally that had the eTorque Hemi, level 1 equipment group, and the tow pkg, none of which I ordered. They agreed to sell me the truck at the price negotiated for my failed order. FCA not building my truck was a blessing in disguise :giggle:. I present to you Vader!
20200215_173758.jpg 20200217_170756.jpg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats! I think you made a good choice getting the hemi. After those 2 sports cars, a V6 might have felt kinda sluggish. Nice looking blacked out Ltd!

Don't forget to file for your "Bonus Drive" $250 rebate check (if you qualify). See other new member threads or search for "Bonus Drive" and you can fill out the online application form. There's no tie-in with Allstate or any spamming. Many of us have gotten the rebate check, though you do have to have a non-fca car registered in your household. Takes 6-8 weeks.

BTK20

Reaction score
Congrats! I think you made a good choice getting the hemi. After those 2 sports cars, a V6 might have felt kinda sluggish. Nice looking blacked out Ltd!

Don't forget to file for your "Bonus Drive" $250 rebate check (if you qualify). See other new member threads or search for "Bonus Drive" and you can fill out the online application form. There's no tie-in with Allstate or any spamming. Many of us have gotten the rebate check, though you do have to have a non-fca car registered in your household. Takes 6-8 weeks.
Thanks! The v6 was a purely economical choice, I was trying to stay within my budget, but I'm super happy with my "free" upgrade!

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Congrats. As mentioned go grab this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks! The v6 was a purely economical choice, I was trying to stay within my budget, but I'm super happy with my "free" upgrade!
"Budget" and "Limited" aren't found in the dictionary, ha ha... At least it wasn't in mine! I think you'll be glad at resale/trade-in time you stayed with the hemi. I'd guess there's about a 9:1 ratio of hemi to V6 in a Ltd. A lot of that is based on what dealers order in but they have their reasons for that too. It's a heavy truck.

I test drove a V6 Laramie with 3.55 and ET back to back with the hemi/3.21 Ltd and just wasn't satisfied with the V6 (and I'm not an aggressive driver). However for pure fuel economy then a 4x2 V6 would be tops yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamCares

Reaction score
9 months ago I decided I wanted a new truck. I was always a truck guy until my mid-life crisis set in a few years ago :ROFLMAO: I had a Charger RT, then a Camaro 2ss over the last few years. They were a lot of fun, but I started to get tired of being so low to the ground and getting beat up on bumpy roads. After much researching, I decided on the new Ram. Then began the wait. After months of obsessing, researching, and configuring, I pulled the trigger and placed an order for a Limited Black Appearance Package, v6, limited slip, 2WD. A month later, I still had no VIN, and after much hell raising found out FCA would not do the build in that combination. To say I was aggravated would be an understatement. My dealer was eager to please, however and found a Limited Black Appearance package locally that had the eTorque Hemi, level 1 equipment group, and the tow pkg, none of which I ordered. They agreed to sell me the truck at the price negotiated for my failed order. FCA not building my truck was a blessing in disguise :giggle:. I present to you Vader!
Hi BTK20, Such a great looking truck! Welcome to the forum and the RAM Family! Should you have any concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Rob
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online