5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aFe Cold Air Intakes

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As much as I enjoy the fact that those who have purchased are very happy, I’m going to wait for the momentum to tide me over for now.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Afe website. 50 rebate and 10% off to new customers.

How did you get the $50 rebate, billyraff? I ordered a Magnum last night and got the 10% off for joining their newsletter and free shipping. But I didn’t see a rebate offer. And I just looked at thier site again and I’m not seeing a rebate offer. Maybe I’m missing it.

Thanks.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Neither did I so please share how this is supposed to work...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Newguy

Reaction score
I have always wondered the logic that said that increased air consumption meant more mpg. I am not an automotive engineer but it seems like the computer would always match the right amount of fuel for whatever amount of air was coming in. So if anything you might have to press on the pedal a little less to get the same fuel air mix. But what exactly promotes more mpg? Now I could see more total power if the filter lets in more overall air or cooler air. Afe has dyno runs posted on their site showing more total power. And for whomever claims more power plus better mpg, I understand that even less. Power is produced by consuming fuel. You don’t get free power. I could imagine that the increased power causes a person to alter their driving habits and that in turn leads to a different mpg. Better or worse. If this sounds the way people are saying, I expect my driving will make my mpg worse.
It could yield better engine efficiency due to less engine pumping loss. Aka, less effort for the engine to move air.

John813

Reaction score
Thanks, DonsRam19.

Just an fyi for others - I got an email from Afe today telling me that the Magnum CAI is on back order and mine will ship the 1st of April.

There was no mention on their website of the delay, correct?

Sort of want to cancel, good deal or not.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I was going to place my order, but I’ll wait until there is a full bevy of them in stock. I’m tired of paying for the opportunity to wait for things.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was no mention on their website of the delay, correct?

Sort of want to cancel, good deal or not.

Correct, John. No mention of the delay on the site when I ordered it. But a day or so later, I received an email telling me it was on back order and mine wouldn't ship until the first week of April.

I'm okay with that and didn't cancel my order. I'm hoping that they get a supply in sooner, rather than later, and that mine ships a little earlier than the beginning of April.

I'm also thinking about installing this muffler from B2 Fabrication at the same time I install the Afe CAI. Seems they would work well together and when a tune comes out for this 5.7 Hemi, I'll likely also do that to wake up the engine a bit.

https://www.b2fabrications.com/product-page/2019-dodge-ram-1500-hemi-dual-exhaust

Gmolah

Reaction score
you don't have to remove the lower part of the box, just the upper part, so before you take it in for warranty work put the top back on from the Factory air box.

Last edited:

Lawrence2479

Reaction score
Just spoke with the service dept. at the local Ram dealer. They said if genuine Mopar parts are used, then the factory 3 year/36,000 mile & 5 year powertrain warranty would still remain intact. Aftermarket parts can void the warranty, but not necessarily will.

Last edited:

PorBoy

Reaction score
So their $725 air intake is under warranty is what they are saying ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online