5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aFe Cold Air Intakes

DeanKing

Reaction score
Very interested in getting this. Does anyone know if the sport hood has a different shape underneath in the engine compartment ? I am concerned it wouldn't seal right

DeanKing

Reaction score
I agree Mopar is slipping the afe has some good gains and for a good price. Especially if you sign up for the newsletter you get 10% off the air intake.
Thanks for that tip on the 10% I was going through the order process and reread this and went looking for that.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it is. Why I’m starting to get interested in the system. I appreciate it.

Sango

Reaction score
This truck sounds absolutely evil with the AFE intake installed. Wow. Just went for a night drive with less traffic after work, and I’m in love. I already had added an exhaust and of course it sounds nice, but man, when you get on it with the AFE, It just makes me laugh. :love:What an amazing soundtrack from the engine bay. So **** mean. Anyone considering one of these setups, GO FOR IT. Definitely the best mod I’ve done, safely.

Sango

Reaction score
I’ll try to see if I can tell how the seal lines up with the underside of the hood in the daylight tomorrow. AFE has delivered a winner.

cwwood2006

Reaction score
Has anyone dropped the Vararam in their 2019 yet? Looks like majority is Afe so with that consensus I’ll probably order mine now. Or has anyone went with K&N Blackhawk?

Odis814

Reaction score
Has anyone dropped the Vararam in their 2019 yet? Looks like majority is Afe so with that consensus I’ll probably order mine now. Or has anyone went with K&N Blackhawk?

K&N hasn’t come out with anything for the 5th Gen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Is that a part number for the CAI that you are running ?

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
Installed mine this morning, very happy with it. :cool: Feels a little peppier especially in the mid range, and sounds absolutely incredible when you’re under full load. Worth every penny. Also a breeze to install, very high quality and well thought out kit.

Is this the 5.7 w/ etorque?
Also, any chance you could post audio or video? Would love to hear the sound!

Reaction score
Interesting, so we've got this and the vararam so far.

As I understand it no MAF on the intake path for the 5.7, so a tune is not necessary for this bolt on?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Which model since there seems to be (2) which one are you installing ?

Last edited:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how is this a CAI, as it pulls air from the engine bay? the factory unit pulls air from outside the engine bay.

yesterday using my ODB Fusion app, i read intake air temps from 74-84F with the ambient air 69-72F.

billyraff

Reaction score
how is this a CAI, as it pulls air from the engine bay? the factory unit pulls air from outside the engine bay.

yesterday using my ODB Fusion app, i read intake air temps from 74-84F with the ambient air 69-72F.

The AFE magnum intake is directly connected to the factory intake box that draws from outside of the engine bay. The hood seals the top of the intake when closed. AFE is currently working on their momentum intake series which is a closed box like the factory setup, their website says it will be ready by February

RodRow

Reaction score
I’ve got the AFE Magnum on order. Do you “really” need to tune to use CAI, or should I expect brain or other problems down the road?

FYI - I’m not upgrading the exhaust until I hear it with the CAI installed...I’m old and don’t want it too loud. :)

Users who are viewing this thread