5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Tow Camera to 2022 with technology pkg

Dcam2man

Reaction score
Simple question. Where does the tow camera connect for 2022 1500s with the electronic rear view mirror?

I have a 2022 1500 Rebel with the technology package and electronic rear view mirror. I read that 2021s can add an additional camera (tow camera) because there are two FAKRA connectors in the rear view mirror housing. I am unable to add a second camera on the 2022 for the following reasons:
1. Close inspection of the internals of the rear view mirror housing (the part on the glass behind the mirror) attached to the windshield reveals only one FAKRA connector, not two as on the 2021s.
2. There is only one mini coaxial connection post (attaching the tiny cable connecting the rear view mirror to the FAKRA connector) exiting the rear of the electronic rear view mirror display (when removing the two small panels on the back of the rear view mirror.)
I did not order the tow package or the 360 surround camera package, so I do not have a camera connector next to the rear license plate.
Does anyone know where the tow camera (not 360 trailer camera) attaches to UConnect 5 systems in 2022 technology packages.
I though I could just buy a Fakra cable and string it out the back to a camera mounted on the Roof Top Tent, connect to a Fakra at the front windshield, then monitor using the tow camera. I see no way of connecting a second camera.
a) Is the Fakra port behind the dash connected to the large display screen unit?
b). Are tow package mirrors different, having two Fakra connectors?
Thanks for any help, I am stymied.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tow camera package are for cameras in trailers. What you are asking for is the cargo cam in addition to the backup camera. That lets you see inside of the bed.

They go to the bottom of the radio there's a hub there, if you have surround cameras there's a central vision processing unit there to handle mixing the signals. There should be a spare coax fakra cable by the stop light for the cargo cam. I haven't heard of anyone wiring anything into the mirror, only to the hub.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Simple question. Where does the tow camera connect for 2022 1500s with the electronic rear view mirror?

I have a 2022 1500 Rebel with the technology package and electronic rear view mirror. I read that 2021s can add an additional camera (tow camera) because there are two FAKRA connectors in the rear view mirror housing. I am unable to add a second camera on the 2022 for the following reasons:
1. Close inspection of the internals of the rear view mirror housing (the part on the glass behind the mirror) attached to the windshield reveals only one FAKRA connector, not two as on the 2021s.
2. There is only one mini coaxial connection post (attaching the tiny cable connecting the rear view mirror to the FAKRA connector) exiting the rear of the electronic rear view mirror display (when removing the two small panels on the back of the rear view mirror.)
I did not order the tow package or the 360 surround camera package, so I do not have a camera connector next to the rear license plate.
Does anyone know where the tow camera (not 360 trailer camera) attaches to UConnect 5 systems in 2022 technology packages.
I though I could just buy a Fakra cable and string it out the back to a camera mounted on the Roof Top Tent, connect to a Fakra at the front windshield, then monitor using the tow camera. I see no way of connecting a second camera.
a) Is the Fakra port behind the dash connected to the large display screen unit?
b). Are tow package mirrors different, having two Fakra connectors?
Thanks for any help, I am stymied.
You don’t have the correct digital rear view mirror for the tow mode camera. You need the one that has two fakra connectors coming out of it. The cable runs from the mirror to the rear bumper port on the driver side of the license plate, and the tow mode camera kit cable plugs into that port.

Dcam2man

Reaction score
Thanks all. Will be looking for a 2022 mirror with the two Fakra posts in the wrecking yard. Until then I will just pull the cover off the mirror housing and manually attach the Fakra cable (Amazon) and spare camera. It tests perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online