5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding sales codes

Luis1275

Reaction score
Anyone on these forums know how or is able to add sales code in vin?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only way I know is dealer or a tech that can bring a witech dongle home.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the service department do it. In my 2014 cherokee I upgraded to the factory 8.4 radio with nav. The service department added that sales code to my vin, then flashed my BCM, and everything worked. Be aware they may charge you for the update.

Luis1275

Reaction score
when would you like to add these sales codes?
When?? Whenever someone can. All work is done except the addition of the sales code I even changed the settings on the BCM using alfaobd. I just don’t want all that cleared in for some reason the dealership flashes my BCM.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When?? Whenever someone can. All work is done except the addition of the sales code I even changed the settings on the BCM using alfaobd. I just don’t want all that cleared in for some reason the dealership flashes my BCM.
Depends what sales codes you’re looking to have added. Not all sales codes are available to add to your VIN after the fact, basically only sales codes that mopar offers a kit for, such as factory remote start or power side steps. They can’t add sales codes to your VIN like passive entry, BSM, LED headlights or tail lights, etc.

Luis1275

Reaction score
Depends what sales codes you’re looking to have added. Not all sales codes are available to add to your VIN after the fact, basically only sales codes that mopar offers a kit for, such as factory remote start or power side steps. They can’t add sales codes to your VIN like passive entry, BSM, LED headlights or tail lights, etc.
Code GXD. On this forum under adding the passive entry it say to have it added. I guess if one day the BCM gets flashed I can re instal using alfaobd.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Code GXD. On this forum under adding the passive entry it say to have it added. I guess if one day the BCM gets flashed I can re instal using alfaobd.
It’s very rare that they have recalls or TSBs that involve restoring the vehicle configuration, which will revert your AlfaOBD changes. But, if that were to happen, there’s a new procedure you can use with AlfaOBD so you don’t have to go back and manually change your settings again:
In the active diagnostics list, just under car configuration change, make a backup file. This will be a quick restore point, so if anything the dealer does reverts your AlfaOBD changes, you can use the restore from backup file to get your settings back automatically.

Luis1275

Reaction score
It’s very rare that they have recalls or TSBs that involve restoring the vehicle configuration, which will revert your AlfaOBD changes. But, if that were to happen, there’s a new procedure you can use with AlfaOBD so you don’t have to go back and manually change your settings again:
In the active diagnostics list, just under car configuration change, make a backup file. This will be a quick restore point, so if anything the dealer does reverts your AlfaOBD changes, you can use the restore from backup file to get your settings back automatically.
Thank You sir. I’ll check that out if I run into trouble can I reach out? Thanks again.

St-na

Reaction score
Just recently been thinking about the same, because I had once stupid dealer reverted my AlfaOBD changes, without any reasons, since I had a lot of changes already, I start thinking about easy back up procedure and found this option in AlfaOBD. Was just afraid, that smth will not work and I would just loose all BCM settings. Is someone has done this procedure already, is it just uploading the same file, previously saved in Notepad format?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-105359_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230215-105359_AlfaOBD.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 25

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just recently been thinking about the same, because I had once stupid dealer reverted my AlfaOBD changes, without any reasons, since I had a lot of changes already, I start thinking about easy back up procedure and found this option in AlfaOBD. Was just afraid, that smth will not work and I would just loose all BCM settings. Is someone has done this procedure already, is it just uploading the same file, previously saved in Notepad format?
Yes. I use AlfaOBD backup files all the time to restore a configuration to the BCM. That’s how I’m able to force some settings changes for new features that don’t exist in the AlfaOBD settings list, is by modifying values in the backup file.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For iOS folks using OBD JScan, it also has a backup/restore function. Creating a backup isn't particularly intuitive:

1. Tap the gear icon in the upper right
  2. Select Trace & Restore Adaptations.
  3. Tap Restore tab at the top
  4. In the lower left, tap the yellow '...' button.
  5. Tap green "Start backup" button and confirm.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For iOS folks using OBD JScan, it also has a backup/restore function. Creating a backup isn't particularly intuitive:

1. Tap the gear icon in the upper right
  2. Select Trace & Restore Adaptations.
  3. Tap Restore tab at the top
  4. In the lower left, tap the yellow '...' button.
  5. Tap green "Start backup" button and confirm.
Thank you for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/