5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Swifty

Reaction score
I might as well make sure I ordered the right stuff, just in case...the harnesses i ordered were, its a 2019
68361306ADWiring-Front Door1
68361307ACWiring-Front Door
I will have to check those right side looks correct left side may have wrong connector for door latch not a big deal will just have to swap plastic housings the 07ac I believe has 6 pin connector with 5 wires and original one will only have 4 pin connector so you would have a smaller purple wire with a tracer left over just tape to harness it will still work

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers can’t add it have to get someone higher up the ladder to add it and unwilling to do so I had someone who would but he was told from higher up to not to I guess I will continue to dig until I get a resolution or slapped with a cease and desist order
That really sucks! I hope you are able to find a work around. Glad I didn't buy all the hardware for it just yet!

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
I will have to check those right side looks correct left side may have wrong connector for door latch not a big deal will just have to swap plastic housings the 07ac I believe has 6 pin connector with 5 wires and original one will only have 4 pin connector so you would have a smaller purple wire with a tracer left over just tape to harness it will still work

OK well the order is still in limbo probably something on back order if you could give me the correct number for the left side harness I could probably get it taken care of before they ever sent it out thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope someone can bring me up to date on this. I really don't want to go back and read all the history. Anybody have a list of what is needed to achieve this upgrade?

Cordlessmouse

Reaction score
Swifty was able get VINs added and with a few parts changed, a few have successfully installed passive entry. However, Swifty no longer has the ability to add VINs to gain access to passive entry. We know it’s possible to do, but right now we don’t have the ability to get new VINs added.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope someone can bring me up to date on this. I really don't want to go back and read all the history. Anybody have a list of what is needed to achieve this upgrade?
Not sure if the HD trucks are different but you need new door wiring harnesses, door handles and the caps. Then you need the sales code for the passive entry added to your VIN which is the sticking point right now. If you are able to get the sales code added then your dealer needs to do a restore vehicle config with the witech tool.

Swifty

Reaction score
OK well the order is still in limbo probably something on back order if you could give me the correct number for the left side harness I could probably get it taken care of before they ever sent it out thank you!

THOSE ARE CORRECT NUMBERS ACCORDING TO PARTS I JUST RECALL HAVING THAT ISSUE ON A 19 UNRELATED TO THIS THREAD

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Not sure if the HD trucks are different but you need new door wiring harnesses, door handles and the caps. Then you need the sales code for the passive entry added to your VIN which is the sticking point right now. If you are able to get the sales code added then your dealer needs to do a restore vehicle config with the witech tool.
That makes me wunder, would alphaobd be able to accomplish the task on a 19 hd.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That makes me wunder, would alphaobd be able to accomplish the task on a 19 hd.
Alfaobd worked on the 4th gens. If your 19HD has the same bcm & rfh as a 4th gen, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Here’s the link for a 4th gen

Does your 19HD still use the 4th key from
Continental ? Or the 5th gen key from Strattec?

racerxxxr

Reaction score
Hey guys, Does anyone happen to have the PN for the all white door handle with no trim? I have the 2019 Bighorn but would like to get rid of the trim if ordering new.
Thanks

Swifty

Reaction score
Hey guys, Does anyone happen to have the PN for the all white door handle with no trim? I have the 2019 Bighorn but would like to get rid of the trim if ordering new.
Thanks
you would have to do all doors

racerxxxr

Reaction score
That's ok I really don't like the chrome. I removed all the other chrome already. So the back ones would have to be different since there is no button right? I'd like to find the PN for both with chrome and without then and decide from there.
Thanks for all the hard work you have done.

Swifty

Reaction score
That's ok I really don't like the chrome. I removed all the other chrome already. So the back ones would have to be different since there is no button right? I'd like to find the PN for both with chrome and without then and decide from there.
Thanks for all the hard work you have done.
pm me a vin

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up the last harness for the 2020 today from a local dealer and now have all my parts on hand.....just mocking me from the box.

If @Swifty or someone else with connections isn’t able to find a way to allow them to add sales codes to our VIN’s via the method that was being exploited, I wonder if it would be worth pursuing an alternate route with FCA?

Perhaps if we generated enough interest across all the forums, we could draft a letter of some sorts (a petition if you want to call it that) to convince them to create a type of kit like can be done with remote start, bed lighting, etc.... It obviously wouldn’t be as universal as some of the others given all the color choices for handles and option specific harnesses, but from their side of things it would be a way to generate additional revenue after the sale both for them and the dealers via parts, full installs and/or configs.

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Picked up the last harness for the 2020 today from a local dealer and now have all my parts on hand.....just mocking me from the box.

If @Swifty or someone else with connections isn’t able to find a way to allow them to add sales codes to our VIN’s via the method that was being exploited, I wonder if it would be worth pursuing an alternate route with FCA?

Perhaps if we generated enough interest across all the forums, we could draft a letter of some sorts (a petition if you want to call it that) to convince them to create a type of kit like can be done with remote start, bed lighting, etc.... It obviously wouldn’t be as universal as some of the others given all the color choices for handles and option specific harnesses, but from their side of things it would be a way to generate additional revenue after the sale both for them and the dealers via parts, full installs and/or configs.

Yeah man, I’d do anything - FCA pushing out so many of these trucks without LEDs and Passive Entry is ridiculous - push button start without a smart key is embarrassing. My GFs 3 year old 30k Hyundai has proximity entry/all the features the mags think is so great about our trucks....I will have an LED solution I’m happy with spending less than the 1K they charge for the upgrade but passive entry will annoy me for a while. Not offering it at all in the Big Horn trim is nuts.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah man, I’d do anything - FCA pushing out so many of these trucks without LEDs and Passive Entry is ridiculous - push button start without a smart key is embarrassing. My GFs 3 year old 30k Hyundai has proximity entry/all the features the mags think is so great about our trucks....I will have an LED solution I’m happy with spending less than the 1K they charge for the upgrade but passive entry will annoy me for a while. Not offering it at all in the Big Horn trim is nuts.
Yea I can see not adding it on the base Big Horn and perhaps L1 but it absoultely should be standard on the L2 package. I mean my base *** 200 had it back in 2015. Heck charge $495 from the factory with proximity entry and auto dim mirrors

Kob0583

Reaction score
I reached out to FCA, who knows if I’ll get a response but worst thing that will happen is nothing.

Samson75

Reaction score
I was annoyed with the fact that it didn’t have the prox entry before, but now that I know it can with relatively little work but I can’t because of some trim-line money grab... really annoyed. I think now that Swifty has shown us we can one of us will figure this out . I know sales managers business managers and. Techs here in Canada and I’m hitting them all up to see what they think we can do ..

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I was annoyed with the fact that it didn’t have the prox entry before, but now that I know it can with relatively little work but I can’t because of some trim-line money grab... really annoyed. I think now that Swifty has shown us we can one of us will figure this out . I know sales managers business managers and. Techs here in Canada and I’m hitting them all up to see what they think we can do ..

Good luck man! I really hope you can get it rolling for the other guys here too.. i'm one of the ones that got lucky and i will have passive entry on Monday when i'll get my handle, but it really suck to see the other guys so close to it too and FCA stopped it...

*THANKS AGAIN SWIFTY*

Users who are viewing this thread