5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Samson75

Reaction score
I’m sad I didn’t even make the reserve list! Lol. Didn’t realize how far down that list i was. I haven’t ordered my parts yet so at this point nothing more then a disappointment. It’s awesome to see there is a solution and I’ll keep watching to see where you guys get on this. I know some Techs and a few sales managers out here in Vancouver so I’ll see if there is another angle Swifty and let you know if I come up with something Good luck to everyone working on this !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I guess go from beloved to loathed in a matter of a few keystrokes
moparleo ,banditsc, str8ripon and 2019rebel0747 isent yours in first thing this morning but they will not add them for me
I feel really bad for they guys who didn't make it but I want you to know, I'm sure that every one of us really appreciate what you are doing for us! You do whatever you can, while you're working, day and night, and expect nothing in return.
You got some of us to actually have this feature and you got the rest of us to the point where we know what needs to be done to have this feature! We can't thank you enough. You've done in one week, what we couldn't figure out in a whole year, and we didn't even get close... you solved it.
Thank you for your help Stephen! I really appreciate it!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just want to make sure I get this right for when I go to the dealer for this. The restore vehicle configuration basically reboots the truck and once the code is added it’s in the trucks config now? Is this something they do entirely online or do they hook up to the truck? Should I expect to pay anything for the dealer to do this?
Edit: didn’t see swiftys guy got shut down. I’ll have to see how willing my dealer would be to add this code. I’d expect them to charge me a couple hundred bucks.

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just want to make sure I get this right for when I go to the dealer for this. The restore vehicle configuration basically reboots the truck and once the code is added it’s in the trucks config now? Is this something they do entirely online or do they hook up to the truck? Should I expect to pay anything for the dealer to do this?
In the restore vehicle configuration process, the dealer get the new configuration sheet from the FCA server online and rewrite it into the bcm. On the new list, there's the new GXD code that Swifty added. it's both online and vehicle connection.
Dealers do charge for it. Swifty's place charges $89 for this service and my dealer charged me $75.

NJMyth

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have my VIN added, but I’m having a hard time finding door harness 68429501aa. No one seems to stock it and is currently in back order from FCA with no ETA.

Anyone know if there is a different harness that might work for a 2020?

Swifty

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have my VIN added, but I’m having a hard time finding door harness 68429501aa. No one seems to stock it and is currently in back order from FCA with no ETA.

Anyone know if there is a different harness that might work for a 2020?
68439512AA this was number I used on mine my research says same one you need there are 2 left in Centerville depot

tdb0021

Reaction score
Currently getting my vehicle config restore done now. Can anyone tell me what icons or settings I should see when it’s complete so I know it worked?

Swifty

Reaction score
Edit: didn’t see swiftys guy got shut down. I’ll have to see how willing my dealer would be to add this code. I’d expect them to charge me a couple hundred bucks.
Dealers can’t add it have to get someone higher up the ladder to add it and unwilling to do so I had someone who would but he was told from higher up to not to I guess I will continue to dig until I get a resolution or slapped with a cease and desist order

Swifty

Reaction score
Currently getting my vehicle config restore done now. Can anyone tell me what icons or settings I should see when it’s complete so I know it worked?
Should see in radio to be able to turn on or off
I did my sales managers today all working

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see any icons... just waiting to plug the handle to check it..
I just asked the dealer to provide me with the list of sale codes so I can make sure I got it.

tdb0021

Reaction score
EVERYONE
terrible news I have been shut down my guy says he can no longer add code since not a mopar approved modification ie no kit he is escalating to engineering to tell them it does work and see if will get added unfortunately this means some of us were very lucky and the rest not.
if I have told you sales code was added you are good to go this includes Njmyth, moparian, Mike_ct, wheeler nation, parnine, FM45, Mannyhen, lrobbi, Grey03svtand tdb0021

the rest of y'all I sincerely apologize

This is very unfortunate... however I figured it was going to happen sooner or later, since Swifty was the only one adding the codes... hopefully they will allow this to be an approved modification.

Swifty

Reaction score
I didn't see any icons... just waiting to plug the handle to check it..
I just asked the dealer to provide me with the list of sale codes so I can make sure I got it.
No icon just under settings then doors and locks image.jpg

Swifty

Reaction score
This is very unfortunate... however I figured it was going to happen sooner or later, since Swifty was the only one adding the codes... hopefully they will allow this to be an approved modification.
Yeah I was wondering how long I could get away with it myself

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
No icon just under settings then doors and locks View attachment 52843
Oh yeah. I didn't notice this before when I looked for the feature in the settings.
I do have that.
ae34636ae915e6f10d769a43202b45c1.jpg

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
68439512AA this was number I used on mine my research says same one you need there are 2 left in Centerville depot
I might as well make sure I ordered the right stuff, just in case...the harnesses i ordered were, its a 2019
68361306ADWiring-Front Door1
68361307ACWiring-Front Door

tdb0021

Reaction score
Success! The code was present in the database and after the restore my truck now has the setting. Can’t thank you enough Swifty. Now just waiting on hardware...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online