5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
I ordered everything, harnesses and handles/caps from BAM today. They emailed me and said it would take 3-5 days to get them from Mopar and if I was ok with that. I don’t mind waiting so not a big deal.

What part numbers did you use for your harnesses on the 2020? Just looking for confirmation before I try and order/wait.

Swifty

Reaction score
What part numbers did you use for your harnesses on the 2020? Just looking for confirmation before I try and order/wait.
I believe your request along with a couple others is going up in the morning I will look up parts list for you then
As soon as I get word it was added will let you all know

Swifty

Reaction score
Why I'm worried about my dealer..

So I'll toss this out here. If any techs live in the Lake or Porter county areas in Indiana, I'll gladly pay for restore config if they can do it rather than take it to the dealer. Just avoiding a headache lol
That is why I want to make sure proper wording is used “Restore Vehicle Configuration “ is what you ask them to do it’s not hard for them at all. The hard part getting sales code added that nobody’s dealerships seem to want to take the time and service their customers is already done for them

Tallus

Reaction score
Hey Swifty! Can you tell which wiring harnesses I need? You have my vin already. The descriptions are **** and trying to make sure I get the right one’s.

Swifty

Reaction score
Hey Swifty! Can you tell which wiring harnesses I need? You have my vin already. The descriptions are **** and trying to make sure I get the right one’s.
I will get you a list when I can hopefully today

Samson75

Reaction score
I got the door handle and caps colour keyed w/ chrome and w/keyless go in my checkout on mopar parts Canada. I also can’t find the part no for the harness on there. Can someone post the # they used so I can do a search? Not withstanding a sales code I’d say I’m pretty much ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swifty

Reaction score
I got the door handle and caps colour keyed w/ chrome and w/keyless go in my checkout on mopar parts Canada. I also can’t find the part no for the harness on there. Can someone post the # they used so I can do a search? Not withstanding a sales code I’d say I’m pretty much ready to go!

I will look up for you

Swifty

Reaction score
EVERYONE
terrible news I have been shut down my guy says he can no longer add code since not a mopar approved modification ie no kit he is escalating to engineering to tell them it does work and see if will get added unfortunately this means some of us were very lucky and the rest not.
if I have told you sales code was added you are good to go this includes Njmyth, moparian, Mike_ct, wheeler nation, parnine, FM45, Mannyhen, lrobbi, Grey03svtand tdb0021

the rest of y'all I sincerely apologize

Swifty

Reaction score
I guess go from beloved to loathed in a matter of a few keystrokes
moparleo ,banditsc, str8ripon and 2019rebel0747 isent yours in first thing this morning but they will not add them for me

Swifty

Reaction score
I am going to contact someone else though nothing ventured nothing gained

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
moparleo ,banditsc, str8ripon and 2019rebel0747 isent yours in first thing this morning but they will not add them for me

Ugh that sucks, I do appreciate your efforts. If anything changes please let us know.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. My parts are arriving today, and was going to have the dealer do the config before I got the truck back. You were able to get further than anyone else on this issue so far, and I know your efforts are appreciated by many. Hopefully something will work out for those of us who were still waiting.

Swifty

Reaction score
Man, that sucks. My parts are arriving today, and was going to have the dealer do the config before I got the truck back. You were able to get further than anyone else on this issue so far, and I know your efforts are appreciated by many. Hopefully something will work out for those of us who were still waiting.
im stubborn wont give up

Kob0583

Reaction score
Thank you for putting in work for us. Sucks but sure isn’t your fault but if you can make it happen we will just have to sign your praises. Glad I haven’t bought parts yet though.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im stubborn wont give up

Hopefully you're able to get the wheels rolling again. You would think they'd be ok with it since they are still making money off the sale of the parts we need compared to if we opted not to do it.

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Hopefully you're able to get the wheels rolling again. You would think they'd be ok with it since they are still making money off the sale of the parts we need compared to if we opted not to do it.

This

Swifty

Reaction score
I understand them not wanting to blanket allow dealers to be able to add due to not factory kit but to stop altogether was a little excessive not doing anything detrimental to the vehicles

daswansinator

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can loathe you; the most important thing here is you proved it is possible. Proving it is possible is the biggest revelation in the past year+ that this thread has been running. Now to figure out how to convince FCA to actually embrace this upgrade for all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread