5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All let me start by saying hello
I also have purchased a 2020 Big horn with level 2 keyless go but no proximity entry. I am a technician at a ram and Jeep dealership. Had. Customer with a wrangler Sahara that added door handles and harnesses to his Jeep brought in for programming I had to call Detroit to get them to add sales code to vin list so I could restore vehicle configuration for him it worked
I have had sales code added to my vin list and in process of installing parts to my own truck will let everyone know what I ended up having to purchase and what I needed to do make work sales code was GXD and almost an act of Congress to get added
I would happily pay labor time for you to add GXD to my vin database so I could do a restore and receive config.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
All let me start by saying hello
I also have purchased a 2020 Big horn with level 2 keyless go but no proximity entry. I am a technician at a ram and Jeep dealership. Had. Customer with a wrangler Sahara that added door handles and harnesses to his Jeep brought in for programming I had to call Detroit to get them to add sales code to vin list so I could restore vehicle configuration for him it worked
I have had sales code added to my vin list and in process of installing parts to my own truck will let everyone know what I ended up having to purchase and what I needed to do make work sales code was GXD and almost an act of Congress to get added
Dude! If this works, I'll drive to you and pay you for everything. I'm sure others will, too... you can make a nice side business from that lol

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if we had a process to have the sales code added in the system, then any local dealer could technically do a "restore" and you'd pick up the changes.

Swifty

Reaction score
Just to update waiting on parts list includes front door handles and end caps (passive entry has magnet in the end caps) front door harnesses these I have already installed there is an antenna behind rear bumper that is only there on passive entry cars ordered that and harness for rear bumper then we should be good to go we shall see
I will make a list with part numbers as well

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Just to update waiting on parts list includes front door handles and end caps (passive entry has magnet in the end caps) front door harnesses these I have already installed there is an antenna behind rear bumper that is only there on passive entry cars ordered that and harness for rear bumper then we should be good to go we shall see

Awesome, thank you for the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear bumper antenna allows proximity based unlocking of tailgate - ie walk up to locked truck with fob in pocket and press button on tailgate and it will open. You can add this now or later.

Swifty

Reaction score
if we had a process to have the sales code added in the system, then any local dealer could technically do a "restore" and you'd pick up the changes.
The sales code can be
I would happily pay labor time for you to add GXD to my vin database so I could do a restore and receive config.
i can explain how to get it done

Swifty

Reaction score
Had to replace front door handles along with end caps and door wIring harnesses add sales code GXD dealership tech rep added it to vin list as I did not have the ability because it’s not an accessory kit from mopar
Part numbers will vary depending on color of vehicle and the way the truck is equipped I can help any of you get part numbers needed based off vin have access to Star parts

Grey03svt

Reaction score
Had to replace front door handles along with end caps and door wIring harnesses add sales code GXD dealership tech rep added it to vin list as I did not have the ability because it’s not an accessory kit from mopar
Part numbers will vary depending on color of vehicle and the way the truck is equipped I can help any of you get part numbers needed based off vin have access to Star parts
Oh man thank you! I know a lot of guys been waiting for this like I have! Name your price!

tdb0021

Reaction score

This is great! So how do i get the sales code added to my VIN?

Swifty

Reaction score
This is great! So how do i get the sales code added to my VIN?
Where ya located ? I had to get the dealerships technical advisor from FCA to add it or will have to call Detroit to get added it can be done
I will have to have full vin number to get added I can help with parts list and if close enough install

tdb0021

Reaction score
Where ya located ? I had to get the dealerships technical advisor from FCA to add it or will have to call Detroit to get added it can be done
I will have to have full vin number to get added I can help with parts list and if close enough install

I’m located in Clarksville, TN. I can PM you my VIN. Will I have to take the truck in to a dealer?

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
First will help with parts list then depending on location how to proceed

So as an example I have a 2020 black night edition Big Horn, level 2, what would I need part wise to make it work/General parts list for us?

Swifty

Reaction score
I’m located in Clarksville, TN. I can PM you my VIN. Will I have to take the truck in to a dealer?
Pm me vin will need to go to dealer to have restore vehicle configuration done unless you have scan tool capable of doing that

Users who are viewing this thread