5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Grey03svt

Reaction score
Add me to the list of duped customers... I have contacted infotainment about a retrofit kit, but who knows how far it'll go. Hopefully theres a simple fix regarding the programming

Canadianshiver

Reaction score
Same story as everyone else. Purchased truck in August 2019. Truck came from some distance away, when saleswoman was showing me the truck she was shocked, as was I, that it didn’t have the passive entry. Yet another one fooled by the shady phrasing of the feature.

Following and waiting for the magic solution. I’ll pay for the OEM parts, I just need the support from Ram to program it. What a great truck they have made otherwise.

BiGnOsE-417

Reaction score
Was also shocked and pissed when I found out the doors would not unlock without actually pulling the key out of my pocket and press the button. I did think it was a whole, push button and door handle should not be dissociated, otherwise it's not a feature, it's a pain in the a**.

My 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer had that, 10 years ago. Just saying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigcitymike

Reaction score
My 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer had that, 10 years ago. Just saying.

My old 2008 Nissan Altima had it 12 years ago. SMH.

It's a money grab plain and simple, to up sell the higher trim packages. Ford's mid-level XLT trim does not have push button start, nor can you add it. So passive entry (intelligent access in Ford speak) isn't even an option. You can't even order an XLT truck with it. Only way to get it is to buy a Lariat trim package, which is a sizeable step up. At least with Ford, if it has push button start, you also get intelligent access door handles.

I'm glad I found this thread as I was just about to buy a 2019 3100 BigHorn tomorrow. Been searching for a while now trying to find what was seeming like a Unicorn. Then right there on the dealers page listed in the "Convenience Features" section among the rest of the options/items included I see "Proximity keyless entry", I'm like SOLD. I was like finally, the truck i've been looking for was found. The reality is, it really IS a Unicorn if it had it. I'd wager a paycheck when I go down to look at it, the button won't be on the handle. I checked the Monroney online and sure enough, Proximity keyless entry isn't listed there either.

Someone earlier mentioned that the Jeep forums are all over this like stick on shizit. If there's one thing the Jeepers do is mod the hell out of their Jeeps. So the odds are good if there's a way they'll find it.

Bubba33

Reaction score
My old 2008 Nissan Altima had it 12 years ago. SMH.

It's a money grab plain and simple, to up sell the higher trim packages. Ford's mid-level XLT trim does not have push button start, nor can you add it. So passive entry (intelligent access in Ford speak) isn't even an option. You can't even order an XLT truck with it. Only way to get it is to buy a Lariat trim package, which is a sizeable step up. At least with Ford, if it has push button start, you also get intelligent access door handles.

I'm glad I found this thread as I was just about to buy a 2019 3100 BigHorn tomorrow. Been searching for a while now trying to find what was seeming like a Unicorn. Then right there on the dealers page listed in the "Convenience Features" section among the rest of the options/items included I see "Proximity keyless entry", I'm like SOLD. I was like finally, the truck i've been looking for was found. The reality is, it really IS a Unicorn if it had it. I'd wager a paycheck when I go down to look at it, the button won't be on the handle. I checked the Monroney online and sure enough, Proximity keyless entry isn't listed there either.

Someone earlier mentioned that the Jeep forums are all over this like stick on shizit. If there's one thing the Jeepers do is mod the hell out of their Jeeps. So the odds are good if there's a way they'll find it.
Ive got a new JL and the only option i regret not getting was the proximity. It won't ever be able to add. Chrysler worded it in there favor for sure. Keyless go was proximity before.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I was comparing my 2019 window sticker to a 2020 window sticker and noticed RAM no longer has the "keyless go" listed on the new 2020 window sticker for the Big Horn with level 2 package...hmmmmmm

Also noticed price was almost $900 difference with some items no longer included with the level 2 package---check out the highlighted information---400 watt inverter and dvd player not listed on 2020 but level 2 went up $100
x
2019:
1580587808503.png

2020:
1580588023546.png

Blair679

Reaction score
Add another person following this thread. My wife's 2014 Journey had it so I assumed this would also. 2020 Ram Lonestar. It's my third day with the truck and it already is an annoyance. As another has said I didn't notice the problem until I got home with the truck. For a truck with a 51,000 MSRP this should be included. I was sold on a Laramie but my wife said it looked like an old man's truck with the chrome. The more I looked at it, the more I agreed. Found the Lonestar with the knight appearance and am getting the leather added but did not expect this.

Bubba33

Reaction score
Add another person following this thread. My wife's 2014 Journey had it so I assumed this would also. 2020 Ram Lonestar. It's my third day with the truck and it already is an annoyance. As another has said I didn't notice the problem until I got home with the truck. For a truck with a 51,000 MSRP this should be included. I was sold on a Laramie but my wife said it looked like an old man's truck with the chrome. The more I looked at it, the more I agreed. Found the Lonestar with the knight appearance and am getting the leather added but did not expect this.
My Laramie doesn't look like that. You could of got the sport. I had a 16 laramie and wasn't going to go to a big horn with less options. 20200107_160701.jpg

Blair679

Reaction score
Yeah but not for the 37,800 I paid for mine. There were far fewer Laramies without the chrome than the Lonestar Knight edition and when I wrote down the options I could not live without, none came up on my radar. In the end I didn't want to spend anymore than what I did as I am still in need of a boat and I have a motorless race car. I took the passive entry for granted. It's mistake I will have to live with and judging by this thread, it could be a long time.

Bubba33

Reaction score
I see , was just saying i didn't want all the chrome this time getting a Laramie. So i got the sport. You will have to get used to no proximity. My wife picked tan interior over a black interior with the proxmity option on her 18 jeep jl Sahara . She sometimes regrets it. There's noway to add it now.

Blair679

Reaction score
Well for around 2 grand you could get the interior color of your choice on the Jeep. While it might be a poor decision, at least you have the option. Apparently besides getting another truck, no amount of money will add the proximity in my situation. I have a problem with how Ram has gone about this. I am writing a letter to FCA and should get it finished next week. If anything positive comes from it, I will post it here.

Bubba33

Reaction score
I coukd of bought the proximity for 500 as a option. That was her call. I still have it with my second laramie.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just found this thread. I see from the number of responses I'm not alone in being annoyed this feature is MIA on some trims. My fault for not scrutinizing the window sticker closer, but every FCA vehicle we've had in the last 10 years that had push button start also included proximity entry. My daughter's much cheaper Compass has it standard! Kind of defeats the whole purpose of leaving your keys in your pocket for the push button start if I have to fish them out to unlock the doors. :cautious:

First world problems!

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First world problems!

In a way, yes, but mostly no. It's BS marketing, that's what it is. They are 2 halves of a single convenience; the convenience is "you don't have to pull your keys out of your pocket". So with that in mind, why only give you 1 half of the feature? Simply money grabbing. I wouldn't normally be pissed off about this, we can pay for features we want which is how the world works, but their marketing and literature is very unclear they're only giving you half the feature, ESPECIALLY for those of us coming from a previous FCA product (mine was a Jeep GC) which had the feature done correctly and we assumed it would work the same way here.

The "keyless" is what appears to be throwing everybody off, I might have clued in much sooner had it simply said "push button start".

And for those of us who went all the way up to "level 2", for the money I spent on the package I would much rather have the complete "keyless" feature, and lose the completely useless "Rear media hub with 2 USB ports". Bet it would have been cheaper for RAM to do it that way too, but hey, then you wouldn't get as many butts in the more expensive trims.

Yeah I'm more than a little disgusted with RAM about this.

jamphotostudio

Reaction score
Here you go, should run about $85 if you google around. 6CV64NRVAD
https://www.factorychryslerparts.co...r-Door-Right-or-Left/13285177/6CV64NRVAD.html

edit: looks like you may also need the caps. I dont know about the color code. Here I found 3 different variants of RED, so you may want to double check all of these.
FLAME RED 6CV52PR4AB & 6CV50PR4AC
DARK GARNET RED PEARLCOAT 6CV52NRVAB & 6CV50NRVAB
Hi Jason, I'm just getting into this conversation because I'm about to return my truck to the dealer over all this garbage. The first thing I told the salesman was that I wanted proximity entry, and I never touched the key fob until I was in the truck with him showing me all the options. I fond out the next morning and pretty much freaked out that he hid that from me during the buying process.

Anyway, my question is I would like to add these myself and I'm reading all the posts on it. Would the handles that you sent the link for work in a 2020 Big Horn 1500 or is it only for 2019s?

Thanks,
Jeff

jamphotostudio

Reaction score
We are still not working. We don’t have a way to update the RF Hub. Myself and another member have also tried working with our dealers, and they were also unable to update the RF hub. The dealer software will not permit adding this option to a vin not originally built with it. And currently, there are no products on the market that I’m aware of, that would permit us to update the RF Hub outside of a dealer environment.
I'm about to return my truck over this!! I explicitly told the salesman that this was the number one thing I wanted in my new truck He went out of his way to make sure I never touched the Key FOB through the whole process. I never thought to check because it says in the website that it's standard equipment!!

RAM_WEB_DESCRIPTION.png

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Jason, I'm just getting into this conversation because I'm about to return my truck to the dealer over all this garbage. The first thing I told the salesman was that I wanted proximity entry, and I never touched the key fob until I was in the truck with him showing me all the options. I fond out the next morning and pretty much freaked out that he hid that from me during the buying process.

Anyway, my question is I would like to add these myself and I'm reading all the posts on it. Would the handles that you sent the link for work in a 2020 Big Horn 1500 or is it only for 2019s?

Thanks,
Jeff
Mopar (68401330AA)Receiver-Keyless Entry

2020BigHorn

Reaction score
I’m subbed as well. I assume this won’t ever be an add on option but I’ll still keep hoping for it.

I was also duped by the dealer. The truck was unlocked and running every time i got into it at the dealer when buying it. I just assumed that if my 2018 Jeep that was $23k new had it standard that my $40k+ truck would as well.

It’s not worth returning the truck over for me but just seems odd is not available until you get to the third trim level.

Users who are viewing this thread