5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the programming. In Alfa obd I go to the section car config change and find the options as listed but keep getting procedure failed message. Anyone run into this?
Are you using a sgw bypass?

Garvanzo

Reaction score
Yes
Are you using a sgw bypass?
EDIT. I was able to change a few of the settings but am now getting the following message on others-Cust.Prog.Features- Passive Entry Unlock All Doors or Approach Door- ENABLED
The option is not supported by the body computer modification. Then at the bottom, the message -Failed. Wrong request length or invalid request format.

I am. It shows connected to the computer and I can read and change other things like cargo lamp settings. Just won't do the passive entry as of now.

Could it be the cheap OBD2 module that I have? Going to order the OBDLink Mx+ and see if it works. I did get it to not lock if the keys are in the truck. So I got that going for me.

Update: It was the OBD module. Hooked up the new OBDlink Mx+ and all went right through and works as it should.

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Will either 52112204AA or 56046957AA rear antenna work for a 2021 1500?
I used 52112204AA on my 21 and it works. Supposedly that one was much cheaper than the part # that is specified for the rear antenna.

rnaude241

Reaction score
I used 52112204AA on my 21 and it works. Supposedly that one was much cheaper than the part # that is specified for the rear antenna.
Thanks. 52112204AA seems more expensive than 56046957AA now, only by a few dollars though.

l84dnr

Reaction score
I am 100% planning on doing this and buying the harness' from Jimmy, but has anyone had the dealer program the sales code instead of using a OBD Link system?

mattee

Reaction score
Somebody told me that a sales code can't be added if it was not an option from the factory. so with passive entry not being an option on the bighorn the sales code can't be added. I don't know for sure if this is true but it's what I was told by a Chrysler tech.

mattee

Reaction score
Also I did check with a local dealership and the service manager checked and didn't see it as an option for them to add, but a thech told me that some sales codes need to be added by FCA and can't be done by dealers but again I don't know for sure if that's true.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also I did check with a local dealership and the service manager checked and didn't see it as an option for them to add, but a thech told me that some sales codes need to be added by FCA and can't be done by dealers but again I don't know for sure if that's true.
The dealer cannot add the sales code for passive entry as it is not offered as an official accessory like remote start, power side steps, etc.. it has to be done by their regional rep which is unlikely to happen.

l84dnr

Reaction score
Got all the parts today to install passive entry, the PS Cap has has a piece inside of it but the driver side has a hole for the key lock, is that’s normal? I can see the magnet that is on the DS one just hoping that it’s there in the PS cap.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Got all the parts today to install passive entry, the PS Cap has has a piece inside of it but the driver side has a hole for the key lock, is that’s normal? I can see the magnet that is on the DS one just hoping that it’s there in the PS cap.
That’ how mine were

hulk181

Reaction score
So when I install the back doors passive entry as described the back drivers door will mimic the front drivers door and the same for the passenger side. Currently I have the setting for the driver door to only unlock the driver door and the passenger door to unlock all doors. I would like to keep this setup. Would it be possible to wire the rear driver door to the passenger door wiring to be able to keep this? Has anybody done it this way?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I need some trouble shooting advice. I have installed the passive entry on all 4 doors of my 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star, all the doors function properly except the driver rear. Touching/grabbing the driver rear door handle will not unlock the door, but it will unlock the driver front...and that makes sense as the wiring harness from Jimmy taps into those wires (the pin #1 harness taps into the green/yellow wire, and pin #7 harness taps into the green/white...this is per Jimmy's harness labeling).
1 - I have swapped the passive door handle and cap with the handle and cap from the passenger rear door...that tells me the handle and cap is not the problem
2 - when I grab the handle it flashes the mirror turn signal lights...all the other handles do the same...so the touch pad is working
3 - when I grab the handle it unlock the front driver door as it should
4 - when I press the handle lock button, it locks all the door...including itself...as it should
5 - when I use the key FOB to lock and unlock the doors, the driver rear door functions as it should...that tells me there is no mechanical binding of any kind
6 - thinking the harness labeling might be reversed I swapped the wires in the driver side door sill bundle...forward of the large bundle of wires from underneath the drivers seat, (this bundle of wires is discussed in pages 43-45),...this did not accomplish anything
7 - the large bundle of wires in the driver side wire channel actually has 3 wires that are green with a white stripe...I tried tapping into the other 2 wires, resulting in no function of the door handle period

Anyone have any other ideas I can try?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I need some trouble shooting advice. I have installed the passive entry on all 4 doors of my 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star, all the doors function properly except the driver rear. Touching/grabbing the driver rear door handle will not unlock the door, but it will unlock the driver front...and that makes sense as the wiring harness from Jimmy taps into those wires (the pin #1 harness taps into the green/yellow wire, and pin #7 harness taps into the green/white...this is per Jimmy's harness labeling).
1 - I have swapped the passive door handle and cap with the handle and cap from the passenger rear door...that tells me the handle and cap is not the problem
2 - when I grab the handle it flashes the mirror turn signal lights...all the other handles do the same...so the touch pad is working
3 - when I grab the handle it unlock the front driver door as it should
4 - when I press the handle lock button, it locks all the door...including itself...as it should
5 - when I use the key FOB to lock and unlock the doors, the driver rear door functions as it should...that tells me there is no mechanical binding of any kind
6 - thinking the harness labeling might be reversed I swapped the wires in the driver side door sill bundle...forward of the large bundle of wires from underneath the drivers seat, (this bundle of wires is discussed in pages 43-45),...this did not accomplish anything
7 - the large bundle of wires in the driver side wire channel actually has 3 wires that are green with a white stripe...I tried tapping into the other 2 wires, resulting in no function of the door handle period

Anyone have any other ideas I can try?
In your radio vehicle settings, under doors & locks, do you have the setting 1st press of key fob unlocks set to drivers door only?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
In your radio vehicle settings, under doors & locks, do you have the setting 1st press of key fob unlocks set to drivers door only?
Mystery solved...I did have that door lock setting enabled...it is now disabled and everything is working as it should...thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Blr

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need help with wiring.
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited, and after an accident, the bed was damaged, so I replaced it with a bed with Rambox. Now I want to figure out the keyless entry for the Rambox.
I thought that in the wire harness on the left side of the frame, all the necessary wires would be there, and I would only need to buy a jumper with 4 connectors for the left and right sides, and then activate the Rambox using Alfa OBD.
After buying the jumpers, I thought I was finally on the home stretch, but once I got under the truck, I realized that my adventures were just beginning, because the main wire harness has fewer wires than the jumper. It lacks exactly those that go to the Rambox.
Maybe someone has already done this and has saved electrical diagrams or can share useful information? I haven't found people who have solved this task yet, so if I missed something on this forum, please point me in the right direction.

Tonkadog

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to everyone who put the thread together. Jimmy and Mayhemmoore. I want to give special thanks to Jimmy for his responses to all questions. I had issue with temperature sensor Jimmy within minutes was able to tell which pins where for temp, I could see I accidentally bent sensor pin and correct it.

Other than, that issue it was easy. Take your time, watch Tyler video on youtube twice (so you get it all) lol
If you use Jscan it works but instead of "YES" in alfaobd it is "SET" in "Jscan"
As a pay it forward If anyone is looking to do this on Long Island NY let me know if I can help

mpmaz1

Reaction score
Looking for help please. Gearing up to do this mod on my 2021 ram 1500 DT, but its Delmonico Red, with body colored door handles. I only see that color in the HD chart? I'm guessing that the numbers would be as listed for the 1500 except with the "NRV" color code inserted? So then would the numbers be this?
DOOR HANDLES - 6CV64NRVAD
CAP L - 6CV50NRVAC
CAP R - 6CV52NRVAD
Regarding the rear antenna, it seems the "521" part number has both holes on one side while the "560" has holes on opposite sides? Any idea which is a better fit for the 2021 truck?
Also, does the left cap automatically have the keyhole? Any tips on which site has the best pricing? Thank You.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
Did the install today. Unfortunately, I broke off one of the plastic ears that hold the interior door pull. Does anyone know if I can order the part separately or if I have to buy a whole new door card? IMG_4674.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread