5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Tropigator

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Hi Jimmy,
I woud like to order these 3 cables from you. I am in Pompano Beach, FL. How are you taking payment for these ?
Best regards,
John

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I completed the install this morning, and currently have my battery unhooked.... I planned to change out my rear door handles (not adding passive entry to these doors, but I want them to match my fronts). Then I realized that I never ordered rear door handles! How dumb.

Does anyone know the part (s) number for the rear door handles without passive entry? Are they the same as the front passenger handles without the lock?

Btw, I have a patriot blue, and am looking for the handles without chrome.
f90896e762489e1ee794c1bb861a702c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Update... It's working! Still not in my uconnect menu, but it's working as expected.

Is it possible to program it to automatically lock when you walk away from the truck (without pushing the handle button or the fob button)?

Thanks to everyone that put the work in to future this out. It was alot of work for me...6 hours and very sore and scratched up hands, but it's working and it was well worth the effort. It would have been impossible for me without the how-to and the custom harnesses from Jimmy07.

SRT

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
How do I order these from you? And how much.

Seth219

Reaction score
Figured I will add my total cost and part numbers used to complete this project for any people who are wondering about the rough cost. These part numbers are for the 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Diamond Black Crystal Paint, and the majority of the part numbers were found at the beginning of this thread.
Part Number:Part Name:Price:Quantity:Remarks:
6CV64KXJAD
Exterior Door Handle
$90.54 EA2Front Proximity Handles (Same Handle for both side)
6CV50KXJACDoor Handle Cap, Left$8.64 EA1Replaced as mine did not have the little magnet inside.
6CV52KXJABDoor Handle Cap, Right$9.25 EA1Replaced as mine did not have the little magnet inside.
6DF95KXJACExterior Door Handle$33.54 EA2Replacing rear handles without proximity to match the front. And to remove the ugly chrome strip.
52112204AAPassive Entry Antenna$8.89 EA1Adding tailgate sensor
N/AWiring Harness Addition (Thanks Jimmy07)$110.001 Set
6510747AAPush Pin$1.03 EA5 Ordered since I have bad luck with the pins all the time.
6510359AAPush Pin$1.16 EA5Ordered since I have bad luck with the pins all the time.

I ordered all my parts through BamWholeSaleParts.com as they ended up being the cheapest including shipping. Total I spent $416.48 including shipping and a Saturday afternoon. Keep in mind, I already had Alfaobd, OB2 Reader, and Security Bypass from another project.

Seth219

Reaction score
I completed the install this morning, and currently have my battery unhooked.... I planned to change out my rear door handles (not adding passive entry to these doors, but I want them to match my fronts). Then I realized that I never ordered rear door handles! How dumb.

Does anyone know the part (s) number for the rear door handles without passive entry? Are they the same as the front passenger handles without the lock?

Btw, I have a patriot blue, and am looking for the handles without chrome.
f90896e762489e1ee794c1bb861a702c.jpg

Double Verify, but it looks like with your paint code it would be Part Number: 1GH19RPXAF

Seth219

Reaction score
Looking for some help, I finished the passive entry last weekend, and finally got my replacement rear door handles since the first ones were not correct. I am attempting to install the rear door handles; however, I do not see the little torque screw hole in either of my back doors. Does anyone know how to remove and replaces these rear handles?

Seth219

Reaction score
After fiddling around with my rear door to figure out how to remove the handles, I figured it out. Just like the front, there is indeed a whole for a torque bit just like the front. In order to find it, you need to remove part of the window trim and the black splash plastic piece that sits in between the door and the cab. I was going to get pictures, but my picture quality wasn't coming out well with black on black. This piece is right by the lock actuator on the door and held in with 3 small plastic clips. After removing the clips, and sliding the plastic piece out of the way you will find the torque bit hole, with a clear covering over it. Remove the covering, and repeat the steps as you would to remove the front door handles. If I can get better pictures, I will upload them afterward.

jstank

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Blue Driver OBD Bluetooth scanner will connect with AlfaOBD?
I purchased everything to add passive entry but I already own the Blue Driver scanner and was hoping to not have to buy the OBDLink MX as well. Guess I'll buy the AlfaOBD app and try connecting, but was curious if anyone knew already.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Blue Driver OBD Bluetooth scanner will connect with AlfaOBD?
I purchased everything to add passive entry but I already own the Blue Driver scanner and was hoping to not have to buy the OBDLink MX as well. Guess I'll buy the AlfaOBD app and try connecting, but was curious if anyone knew already.
It won't, I tried.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

nco415

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I did this complete mod back in Aug and has been working flawlessly until about a week ago. Intermittently the truck is not recognizing the remotes. I have to hold the remote to the start button to start the truck. I checked the batteries in both remotes and they are at 3 volts, I switched using remotes, same result. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Tonight I replaced the batteries in both remotes as they are 1 1/2 years old, I will see if the problem persist and keep you posted.

Thanks for all the great work people.

Jarodm06

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I did this complete mod back in Aug and has been working flawlessly until about a week ago. Intermittently the truck is not recognizing the remotes. I have to hold the remote to the start button to start the truck. I checked the batteries in both remotes and they are at 3 volts, I switched using remotes, same result. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Tonight I replaced the batteries in both remotes as they are 1 1/2 years old, I will see if the problem persist and keep you posted.

Did you recently change any of your bulbs to led?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score

Have you added any led lights anywhere recently?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy,
I woud like to order these 3 cables from you. I am in Pompano Beach, FL. How are you taking payment for these ?
Best regards,
John
Hey Tropigator, I see your in Pompano, hello from Sunrise. Were you able to get the mod done? If not maybe I can help, I'm planning on doing the mod soon and was hoping to at least get a feel for it or do it together with someone.

If anyone else is in South Florida and wants to do this I would be happy to participate.

Users who are viewing this thread